Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Best Sweets Ever

1 hour ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

With you on the fruit salads, you must have had black jacks as well?

Both are great sweets.

I've always loved Rhubarb and Custard too but after about 5 in a row they start to cut into the top of my mouth.

Fizzy pink and blue bottles-  bubblegum I think they were called

Cherry flavoured cola bottles

Green turtles

Rhubard and Custards

These drops in gold tins that you get from likes of WH Smiths for long car journeys are decent but the powdered sugar that get all over your lap is a bitch.

Tuna introduced lollipops which has raised this thread to a whole new level-  Drumsticks were decent.   There is also a marble shaped creamish lollipop with green and red shards on it if anyone can recall it?   I still see them in American themed giangatic sweet shops.  Charlies Newsagent in Beatrice Road also sells amazing oval shaped blue, red and green lollipops as well. 

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

Used to be the case that every time I got home from the City I'd have a raging belly ache. Thought it was just the tension but eventually realised it was the Maynards wine gums that my mother always gave me on my way out to the match. Used to eat them like a chain smoker style and would get through a big bag during the game. Kicked the habit now though. 

Old school:

Candy shrimps (though they looked more like severed ears)

Liquorice allsorts

Opal fruits - the original ones in lemon, lime, orange & strawberry flavours, none of your Starburst blackcurrant nonsense

Sherbert fountain

Pear drops

Current day.....the Co-Op has some nice sour melon things & milk bottles

Chocolate not sweet, but still missed.....the Milky Lunch bar