Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

13 minutes ago, Hack said:

Ask Liverpool fans and they will tell you Phillips is a future starter for them, but with the big boys back from injury he won't get the playing time.  I have no issue with Kabak, especially being Soyoncu's national team mate.  But it is claimed we didn't go forward with the deal due to his on going cost. Let's wait and see what the club spends either in fees or wages.  I don't think we will have to wait long to find out. 

I know a few Liverpool fans who all say Kabak was pretty much faultless for them bar his debut and that Phillips ended the season really well but that they hope he isn't considered going forward as he's nowhere near the level of a title chasing team. Kabak aged 21 is the one for us, he's also very good at attacking set pieces. 6 goals for Schalke in 55 games.

7 minutes ago, Hack said:

The same argument you could make for Dewsbury- Hall? Now look at him.  From what I have been told Liverpool are not trying to sell Phillips. 

Dewsbury-Hall is also 2 years younger. Someone with less than 50 senior appearances at 24 is not going to turn out to be a regular starter for a club like Liverpool

From a quick glance on Twitter it is easy to see that Liverpool are happy to sell him, if he was that promising at 24 (is it even possible to be classed as promising at 24) they wouldn't be happy to sell

Edited by moore_94

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know a few Liverpool fans who all say Kabak was pretty much faultless for them bar his debut and that Phillips ended the season really well but that they hope he isn't considered going forward as he's nowhere near the level of a title chasing team. Kabak aged 21 is the one for us, he's also very good at attacking set pieces. 6 goals for Schalke in 55 games.

The issue here is do we loan a guy to cover for Wes as well as buy someone for depth?

35 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes he is, but the pressing question of the state of Jonny Evans hangs over any CB transfer. If he isn`t coming back anytime soon, then a CB with XP is required, surely?

I would try for him and Cahill, just feels like we need two without Evans and Fofana.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I would try for him and Cahill, just feels like we need two without Evans and Fofana.

If that's the case, why do we even bother to pay Benkovic and Amartey to be in the squad? Rhetorical question.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If that's the case, why do we even bother to pay Benkovic and Amartey to be in the squad? Rhetorical question.

I agree but Rodgers has preferred Ndidi over Amartey a number of time which probably tell you what his opinion of the later is.

As some point we have to use them or move them on.

Even before Fofana injury BR mentioned we may go into the market for a defender.

I expect Benkovic to go out on loan after playing only 1 game all last season.

Edited by coolhandfox

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Dewsbury-Hall is also 2 years younger. Someone with less than 50 senior appearances at 24 is not going to turn out to be a regular starter for a club like Liverpool

From a quick glance on Twitter it is easy to see that Liverpool are happy to sell him, if he was that promising at 24 (is it even possible to be classed as promising at 24) they wouldn't be happy to sell

Twitter referring to some fans saying that right?  Not the club.  Didn't think the fans determine player contracts and transfers.  Show me where Liverpool FC say they are trying to sell Phillips.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Kabak got an injury I think.

He was back and available and still could not unseat Phillips.  Have a look. again I say , I have no issue with Kabak as a quality player, but with his wages being a permanent player to the squad to replace Wes for a year is what I am referring to as the issue.  All i am suggesting there is a lower cost option without losing quality to cover for Wes.   Now needing more depth in Central Defense I also agree with.  Also we didn't continue our pursuit of Kabak a month back and wages were mentioned as the reason.  We may go ack in for him ,but would not surprise we have moved on to other targets.  especially now.

Kabak was rated by Liverpool fans. They can’t sign him because they can’t register him (they also already have 7 CBs on their books).

Liverpool must sign homegrown players and sell others, their squad is too big and doesn’t have enough homegrown players.

3 minutes ago, Hack said:

He was back and available and still could not unseat Phillips.  Have a look. again I say , I have no issue with Kabak as a quality player, but with his wages being a permanent player to the squad to replace Wes for a year is what I am referring to as the issue.  All i am suggesting there is a lower cost option without losing quality to cover for Wes.   Now needing more depth in Central Defense I also agree with.  Also we didn't continue our pursuit of Kabak a month back and wages were mentioned as the reason.  We may go ack in for him ,but would not surprise we have moved on to other targets.  especially now.

Hahahaa no he wasn't, research it. He was out with a muscular injury for the rest of the season. 

Screenshot_20210805-112636_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kabak was injured for the final half a dozen or so games. Phillips played pre and post Kabak. Not very difficult to research it.

He went on to make nine appearances in the Premier League as the Reds turned their season around to clinch a third-placed finish, though he missed the final five games due to fitness issues of his own.

He was available for the rest of his loan period and played 60% less than Phillips as I said,

28 minutes ago, Hack said:

Twitter referring to some fans saying that right?  Not the club.  Didn't think the fans determine player contracts and transfers.  Show me where Liverpool FC say they are trying to sell Phillips.

Happy to sell if the price is met. Will keep as a 5th choice playing 0 games if they can't get rid.

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, Hack said:

He went on to make nine appearances in the Premier League as the Reds turned their season around to clinch a third-placed finish, though he missed the final five games due to fitness issues of his own.

He was available for the rest of his loan period and played 60% less than Phillips as I said,

He started every game he was available (except Man City where they used Henderson and Fabinho).

image.png.b508de1cb1d17a523902927d488c908f.png

image.png.ca5c0db6868d9f3edfe7dc412567cf12.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hack said:

And Phillips played how many?

Are you pulling pissers?

Phillips played pre Kabak arriving, then some of the games Kabak also played in and then ALL remaining games that Kabak was injured for. So of course he played more games than Kabak, whom played every game bar 1 he was available for.