Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Didn’t realise he’s only 21, £10m at that age and already played some promising games for Liverpool, it’s surely a great deal?

I think it mainly hinges on his wage demands. I think he's meant to be asking for £80k a week.

22 minutes ago, turlo said:

We did a few occasions and was completely overran in midfield! will probably have to this weekend though until we get another CB in - at least Soumare adds some physicality to out midfield if played as a DM compared to Mendy with youri

Should have added that it was a mistake last season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it mainly hinges on his wage demands. I think he's meant to be asking for £80k a week.

I doubt those reports are true, they started when Liverpool rejected the chance to sign him (which was to do with squad registration rules, not wages). He is supposedly on £24k or something like that at Schalke. £40-50k Should do it. You’d think he would accept double his current salary and another chance in the Prem with regular games. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I doubt those reports are true, they started when Liverpool rejected the chance to sign him (which was to do with squad registration rules, not wages). He is supposedly on £24k or something like that at Schalke. £40-50k Should do it. You’d think he would accept double his current salary and another chance in the Prem with regular games.

That's promising. Let's hope we can get this done.

30 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

The centre-back failed to impress in just 13 appearances and Liverpool instead turned their attention to Ibrahima Konate, who signed from RB Leipzig earlier this summer.

A wealth of clubs have been linked with Kabak, 21, since but a move has failed to get off the ground.

Therefore, Schalke could be forced into terminating his contract as they struggle to pay his wages.

The German giants were relegated to the 2. Bundesliga last season and journalist Constantin Eckner has claimed on the Blood Red Club podcast that drastic measures may have to be taken.

Kabak's contract runs to 2024 and SunSport revealed in May that he was demanding a whopping £80,000 weekly salary to move back to the Premier League.

Leicester have been strongly linked with the defender, who remained on the bench for Turkey's short Euro 2020 campaign.

13 minutes ago, Hack said:

The centre-back failed to impress in just 13 appearances and Liverpool instead turned their attention to Ibrahima Konate, who signed from RB Leipzig earlier this summer.

A wealth of clubs have been linked with Kabak, 21, since but a move has failed to get off the ground.

Therefore, Schalke could be forced into terminating his contract as they struggle to pay his wages.

The German giants were relegated to the 2. Bundesliga last season and journalist Constantin Eckner has claimed on the Blood Red Club podcast that drastic measures may have to be taken.

Kabak's contract runs to 2024 and SunSport revealed in May that he was demanding a whopping £80,000 weekly salary to move back to the Premier League.

Leicester have been strongly linked with the defender, who remained on the bench for Turkey's short Euro 2020 campaign.

Yes, that is the doubtful report we are talking about. Starts with “failed to impress”, which isn’t exactly a promising for its reliability. Ask some Liverpool fans, look in their forum. Look on YouTube videos of him, you will find the same thing. “Pay the money” “£20m is a bargain, he has huge potential” etc. Or simply watch some of the games when he wasn’t injured (with the notable exception of vs. Leicester City). 

As for why they didn’t sign him: 

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/transfer-news/liverpool-ozan-kabak-transfer-price-21057850

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Yes, that is the doubtful report we are talking about. Starts with “failed to impress”, which isn’t exactly a promising for its reliability. Ask some Liverpool fans, look in their forum. Look on YouTube videos of him, you will find the same thing. “Pay the money” “£20m is a bargain, he has huge potential” etc. Or simply watch some of the games when he wasn’t injured (with the notable exception of vs. Leicester City). 

As for why they didn’t sign him: 

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/transfer-news/liverpool-ozan-kabak-transfer-price-21057850

I heard something to do with players agent wanting more money or something 

Weren’t we in for the other centre back Liverpool panic signed, Ben Davies? 

Klopp really doesn’t seem interested in him, wonder if there’s a loan to be done there? 

5 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

I heard something to do with players agent wanting more money or something 

Read that link, Liverpool simply cannot register him (or anyone else after Konaté for that matter). They already have too many players to register and not enough home grown. 

They thought Konaté is better than him, which I think is definitely a fair judgement. If I had to choose I’d also take Konaté. They still need to sell some players, or they’ll just have to let them rot in the reserves. 

The homegrown thing is why they will have been linked with Bowen. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Kabak would be a decent option but don't see what he's done in his career to warrant being paid £80k a week (IF that is true, of course). I suspect other players in the squad might think that too if we were to sign him. 

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes he is, but the pressing question of the state of Jonny Evans hangs over any CB transfer. If he isn`t coming back anytime soon, then a CB with XP is required, surely?

Tarkowski would be ideal but I feel Burnley would still want our eyes out especially after the Fofana incident. Anyway experience is overrated and is superseded by quality. 

Kabak is the obvious choice, we need a quality CB and Kabak and Leicester should be gravitating towards each other as the obvious choice, a cheap and easy to do deal and under the circumstances both parties should be really happy with each other at this point. 

Kabak was valued at £50m exactly a year a go according to this article. IIRC I wanted him ahead of Fofana looking at their profiles a year a go. Bring on the Turkish Wall.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2020/07/29/liverpool-signing-ozan-kabak-would-be-ideal-move-three-reasons-why/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Surely he'd be willing to compromise on those rather than losing out on a chance to join us.  Our club should be an attractive proposition for him.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Pretty sure we want him to sign a new contract, which I'm sure we included a pay raise.

How much of a raise though? If we give Kabak 80k a week, have got to give Cags 90k? Will others want a pay rise too? 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Pretty sure we want him to sign a new contract, which I'm sure we included a pay raise.

Its probable that our salary bill could jump 10- 15 million this year that is the price of success. Ndidi and Barnes will be expecting closing on 100 grand a week.

Just now, st albans fox said:

If we paid hardly anything for him then c’est la vie …it’s not all about annual salary. 

I have a feeling the players think differently. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I wondered if this is why we wouldn't go for him. Particularly as cags is due a new one.

But the only reason Soyuncu isn't on more yet is because he's still on the original contract he signed 3 years ago. Sign the new deal and he'll likely be on 75-80 bags a week.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

I think our fans underrate him a bit because of that mix up with Alisson when Liverpool played us last season. 

Some Liverpool fans weren't too enamoured by him even aside from this howler. Lacks pace and presence and not that great it in the air.