Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

21 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Exactly right. He was chucked in at the deep end and had a mare that day, but he was decent for them overall. 

A Liverpool fan (a proper one) I play Saturdays with said that game against us was the only bad game he had for them. 

• Like 3

Kabak would have been a decent signing before the events of last night, would be an excellent signing now, especially if rumoured fees are anywhere near true. 

If Shalke are truly that desperate to get him off the wage bill a loan similar to Under's last year might not be off the table 

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

I highly doubt that, we can just leak a story that we are close to signing another CB. They’d be delighted to get a fee since they can’t afford his wages. He is ours if we want him IMO. 

His wages were the problem stated a month go, that hasn't changed.

• Like 1

What people are not really appreciating wither is he's a very good player. Cut through the bull shit of how bad Schalke were last season and then the hysteria around Liverpool for a few months. This lad was being heralded is being better than Cags and Demiral less than a year ago. To get him for anything under £10m is 4 times less what Schalke wanted last summer.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What people are not really appreciating wither is he's a very good player. Cut through the bull shit of how bad Schalke were last season and then the hysteria around Liverpool for a few months. This lad was being heralded is being better than Cags and Demiral less than a year ago. To get him for anything under £10m is 4 times less what Schalke wanted last summer.

And he's available, his club wants to sale. 

People like Tarks, Vestergaard are not for sale and there will be a premium attached for that reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats basically it tbf, most liverpool fans said he was decent for them; when he went there it felt like he was a stop gap anyway and was never going to go on a perma deal

Phillips was preferred to Kabak at Liverpool.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

People like Tarks, Vestergaard are not for sale and there will be a premium attached for that reason.

Ings only left Southampton because Villa offered a staggering £30m for an injury prone 29 year old with a year left who openly wanted to leave.

Vestergaard won't be sold on the cheap, especially given the gravity of the predicament we are in.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Quite, he wanted 80k a week I think I read, which if there is no transfer fee, may seem palatable, but....

If we're the only option then hopefully a compromise will be made. With Fofana out he'll be seeing a lot of first team football this season plus playing next to Soyuncu.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes he is, but the pressing question of the state of Jonny Evans hangs over any CB transfer. If he isn`t coming back anytime soon, then a CB with XP is required, surely?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Because he got injured

Ask Liverpool fans and they will tell you Phillips is a future starter for them, but with the big boys back from injury he won't get the playing time.  I have no issue with Kabak, especially being Soyoncu's national team mate.  But it is claimed we didn't go forward with the deal due to his on going cost. Let's wait and see what the club spends either in fees or wages.  I don't think we will have to wait long to find out. 

9 minutes ago, Hack said:

Ask Liverpool fans and they will tell you Phillips is a future starter for them, but with the big boys back from injury he won't get the playing time.  I have no issue with Kabak, especially being Soyoncu's national team mate.  But it is claimed we didn't go forward with the deal due to his on going cost. Let's wait and see what the club spends either in fees or wages.  I don't think we will have to wait long to find out. 

The same Phillips that Liverpool are actively trying to get rid of permanently?

He is also 24, if he was that promising they wouldn't be willing to flog him and he would've got a chance before this season rather than half a season of 2nd division German football in 2019/20

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

The same Phillips that Liverpool are actively trying to get rid of permanently?

He is also 24, if he was that promising they wouldn't be willing to flog him and he would've got a chance before this season rather than half a season of 2nd division German football in 2019/20

The same argument you could make for Dewsbury- Hall? Now look at him.  From what I have been told Liverpool are not trying to sell Phillips.