Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Why would he go for free when Schalke are selling to raise cash?

If they had survived the drop, they wouldn't be parting ways with him.

They have 3 or 4 guys who they can’t afford to pay after relegation. Kabak and Mascarell... can’t remember the others. Basically the high earners need to leave, if no one buys them it has been said they would release them to give them time to find a new club before the window closes. Not a great bargaining position when everyone knows you cannot keep a player. 

But with Kabak, they have at least two potential buyers in us and Sevilla it seems. I’m sure they will get something now for him at least. In a normal situation his price would be more like £30m I’d imagine. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Why would he go for free when Schalke are selling to raise cash?

If they had survived the drop, they wouldn't be parting ways with him.

It was reported in the media they could forgo a transfer fee, just to get his high wages off the books. Obviously another false story though. Seems to be more "ITK" crap than ever before in this window

1 hour ago, Danny280995 said:

The CB we sign will come out of the blue....Boom announced, no leaks nothing just drops 

Boom = Boom Boom Boom by the Outthere brothers. 

Brothers = Footballing brothers with one being a CB.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are signing Jerome Boateng!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, UHDrive said:

It'd be a hell of a clanger to let him out of our sights and go for Tarkowski or Vestergaard. 

Southampton keep reiterating that they won't sell him which means a potential and protracted negotiation. I'd prefer to just hand Burnley £25mil without any arguing and get it over and done with. 

I can't help but think that they are aware of our situation and our interest in him however small it may have been previously and decided to hike his price tag with us in mind...

Might take more than 8m judging by Sevilla's 10m being rejected according to Fabrizio. Will take more like 15m  

Would prefer Tarkowski but may not be available. Kabak is very well priced and similar stats wise to Fofana 

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

Hope Amartey has given Rodgers a headache. Hope we just get one cb in and not two… he’s played himself into contention today.

It's great that he can cover that position on occasion but the game today was a weakened man city side so for me there's no chance he has played himself into contention for anything. He played a good game no doubt about it but we definitely need at least one I think, and I'd prefer a permanent mature signing.

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Good point. lol Just realised I've put my earlier comment in the Kabak thread rather than the Vestergaard thread.:facepalm:

...it did throw me a bit, but we know that topics become hijacked!!!

Have you also noticed this must be the only topic where we have not discussed Perez!!