Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Are you pulling pissers?

Phillips played pre Kabak arriving, then some of the games Kabak also played in and then ALL remaining games that Kabak was injured for. So of course he played more games than Kabak, whom played every game bar 1 he was available for.

Do you really think he would of played if he was not PL quality.  I know they had major defensive issues but he was picked, and played well.  My point here is he could be a cheaper and short term option.  Kabak had seemed to go off our radar.  This not a slight on Kabak, but you have not said the same about Phillips playing for Liverpool.  if his name were mentioned by the club or these pundits around, what would you say?

2 minutes ago, Hack said:

And Phillips played how many?

In the period Kabak was at the club

Champions League - Kabak 4/4, Phillips 3/4 (both were available for all 4)

Premier League - Kabak 9/16 (Kabak available for 10), Phillips 11/16 (Phillips available for 13)

Do you not understand that in the period Kabak was at the club he played in more of the games he was available than Phillips did in that same period?

• Like 3

Just now, Hack said:

Do you really think he would of played if he was not PL quality.  I know they had major defensive issues but he was picked, and played well.  My point here is he could be a cheaper and short term option.  Kabak had seemed to go off our radar.  This not a slight on Kabak, but you have not said the same about Phillips playing for Liverpool.  if his name were mentioned by the club or these pundits around, what would you say?

He was picked because they quite literally had no choice!

Just now, moore_94 said:

Premier League - Kabak 9/16 (Kabak available for 10), Phillips 11/16 (Phillips available for 13)

Do you not understand that in the period Kabak was at the club he played in more of the games he was available than Phillips did in that same period?

Your point is?  I have made my point very clear.

Just now, moore_94 said:

So who played more games ?

1 minute ago, Hack said:

Your point is?  I have made my point very clear.

Well you haven't because you are saying "Phillips played more" which he did. Because he was there all season.

Only fair way to look at it is when they are BOTH at the club and how much they played when available.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Most Scousers will tell you Kabak did quite well considering he never played with an established CB partner. Liverpools biggest problem during their slump was playing a make shift CB pairing which changed weekly and taking Fabinho out of midfield. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Well you haven't because you are saying "Phillips played more" which he did. Because he was there all season.

Only fair way to look at it is when they are BOTH at the club and how much they played when available.

I am only suggesting Phillips as a loan option to cover for the year that Wes is out. He will be a quality (as other may be) short term cover.  we as I have said probably need greater depth in central defense. Which may require more than one defender to come in. 1 on loan and 1 maybe permanent.  If we wanted Kabak as has been reported we would have made an offer, but as has been said before we didn't due to wages being an issue. this is not a discussion of Phillips is better than Kabak, but what we need and can afford.  Are you saying Phillips is not good enough to Cover for Wes?

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

Most Scousers will tell you Kabak did quite well considering he never played with an established CB partner. Liverpools biggest problem during their slump was playing a make shift CB pairing which changed weekly and taking Fabinho out of midfield. 

And I hope we don't fall into the same mistake with Ndidi.

• Like 1

Kabak seems like the obvious signing now. We know Schalke need rid, which means we’ll be able to get him for a reasonable transfer fee. With Fofana likely out for quite a while, having a Turkish CB to partner Soyuncu doesn’t seem like a particularly bad idea. He’s also far better than people think. 

I don’t understand why it’s in question that Kabak was a success after he was airdropped into Liverpool in the middle of the season. He was. Undoubtedly. Ask their fans if you didn’t watch any other premier league games than when they played us. It is no fault of his own they didn’t sign him as explained many times in this thread already. 

If anything, the speed with which he adapted to the PL and a new team was very impressive, and it’s exactly the same as what we’d be asking him to do at Leicester. At least he’d be alongside Cags here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

I don’t understand why it’s in question that Kabak was a success after he was airdropped into Liverpool in the middle of the season. He was. Undoubtedly. Ask their fans if you didn’t watch any other premier league games than when they played us. It is no fault of his own they didn’t sign him as explained many times in this thread already. 

If anything, the speed with which he adapted to the PL and a new team was very impressive, and it’s exactly the same as what we’d be asking him to do at Leicester. At least he’d be alongside Cags here. 

Because some of our fans saw him once and saw him crash into Alisson.

There's not much logic being applied here at all.

• Like 2

I don’t know how I feel about Kabak. I’m not convinced he fits the profile we need moving forward, I know we’re desperate for a CB right now but I’d much rather spend a bit more and go for Tarkowski. Will Kabak be anywhere near the level we need when all our options are fit? 

Still need that experienced head to replace Evans eventually. I feel like if we’re dipping into our pockets, we may as well go for someone tried, tested, and experienced in the prem. I thought Kabak was OK last year, but the idea of a Soyuncu Kabak pairing at the back worries me a bit. It feels quite mistake prone.

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

And I hope we don't fall into the same mistake with Ndidi.

We did a few occasions and was completely overran in midfield! will probably have to this weekend though until we get another CB in - at least Soumare adds some physicality to out midfield if played as a DM compared to Mendy with youri

2 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

I don’t know how I feel about Kabak. I’m not convinced he fits the profile we need moving forward, I know we’re desperate for a CB right now but I’d much rather spend a bit more and go for Tarkowski. Will Kabak be anywhere near the level we need when all our options are fit? 

Still need that experienced head to replace Evans eventually. I feel like if we’re dipping into our pockets, we may as well go for someone tried, tested, and experienced in the prem. I thought Kabak was OK last year, but the idea of a Soyuncu Kabak pairing at the back worries me a bit. It feels quite mistake prone.

Scares me less than our current options, plus we know that Burnley won't let Tarks go without a huge fee despite him only having with a year left on his contract and with a week to go before the start of the season.

Vestergaard I can't see either for the same reasons, especially after losing Ings suddenly yesterday, their fans would seething.

Only viable options are Kabak and/or Cahill in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Hack said:

I am only suggesting Phillips as a loan option to cover for the year that Wes is out. He will be a quality (as other may be) short term cover.  we as I have said probably need greater depth in central defense. Which may require more than one defender to come in. 1 on loan and 1 maybe permanent.  If we wanted Kabak as has been reported we would have made an offer, but as has been said before we didn't due to wages being an issue. this is not a discussion of Phillips is better than Kabak, but what we need and can afford.  Are you saying Phillips is not good enough to Cover for Wes?

He may well be decent cover for Fofana, but it is seemingly suggested Liverpool only want to sell him as there has been nothing about whether he is available for a loan, where as Kabak is available much cheaper (possibly close to a free transfer if true Schalke are willing to just cancel his contract), and in my opinion Kabak fits a better profile of a defender for our system in terms of ability on the ball than Phillips

Kabak also has a partnership with Soyuncu at International level which means it would be much easier for him to slot in next to him than Phillips

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stu said:

Scares me less than our current options, plus we know that Burnley won't let Tarks go without a huge fee despite him only having with a year left on his contract and with a week to go before the start of the season.

Vestergaard I can't see either for the same reasons, especially after losing Ings suddenly yesterday, their fans would seething.

All on the toilet duck tonight aren’t we.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stu said:

Agree with this. 

I’d like Tarks, but only because it seems we’ve been after him for a while and I trust that the recruitment team have seen something worth investing in. There is, however, no logic to agreeing to part with many pound notes at this point for a player we could agree terms with in six months time. 

Cahill and Kabak? Neither are ideal, but neither would break the bank. Crucially, though, both would improve the squad without Fofana and Evans available. So it’s a bit of a no-brainer if the wage demands aren’t too great.