Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ozan Kabak

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Kent-Fox said:

We will not buy another cb 

But I want us to. Fofana is out for likely the whole season at any realistic level. Evans is likely a busted flush now, leaving us with Soy, Vesty and Amartey. That ain’t getting us nowhere. 

You’re probably right though 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Still think we should get this lad in. Dunno if he’s been sold yet, but he’s solid and would partner Soy very well. 

Perhaps he should partner Amartey :P

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

But I want us to. Fofana is out for likely the whole season at any realistic level. Evans is likely a busted flush now, leaving us with Soy, Vesty and Amartey. That ain’t getting us nowhere. 

That's the ticket!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

So do I lol

Having looked into this a bit further, this morning, I think we should go for that young Yank Chris Richards on loan from Bayern. He looks ideal for our needs.

Completely agree with your assessment above. Ship off Benkovic (as much as I like him, clearly Brendan doesn't) Leaving us with Soyuncu, Ricahrds, Amartey and Vesty, with Evans to help when he can.

Job Done.

54 minutes ago, weller54 said:

In that case we're going to finish bottom half. And totally forget about doing well in Europe!..Our current options are scarily poor..as proven last night.

I will have £50 with you that we finish in the top half, without getting another CB.

46 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

So do I lol

Having looked into this a bit further, this morning, I think we should go for that young Yank Chris Richards on loan from Bayern. He looks ideal for our needs.

Completely agree with your assessment above. Ship off Benkovic (as much as I like him, clearly Brendan doesn't) Leaving us with Soyuncu, Ricahrds, Amartey and Vesty, with Evans to help when he can.

Job Done.

....just watched the YouTube reels of Richards!!!

He looks class, I know this is a players best bits but he looks intelligent uses the ball well, his range of passing especially long range is right up there and looks like a cross between Hamza and Fofana. He tackles like Hamza and you get the impression he might come out worse and his movement and willingness to advance the play is pure Fofana. What we need to know is his temperament and his ability to remain compose when all around him are having bad games and have lost belief in what they are doing. 

He looks a great "find" and we should be looking to pick up someone for the CB role irrespective of the date given for the return of Evans. The Right Winger is not coming in, we have messed that up again in this window, so spend any monies put aside to resolve the Backline issue.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

In that case we're going to finish bottom half. And totally forget about doing well in Europe!..Our current options are scarily poor..as proven last night.

Very over the top mate.. we will be back to Soy, Evans, Vesterguard and Amartey after the international break. We started last season with Soyuncu and Ndidi at the back and finished 5th.

As long as we now rotate Evans, instead of running him into the ground, he should hopefully be fine. 

16 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Very over the top mate.. we will be back to Soy, Evans, Vesterguard and Amartey after the international break. We started last season with Soyuncu and Ndidi at the back and finished 5th.

As long as we now rotate Evans, instead of running him into the ground, he should hopefully be fine. 

....it is not about running him into the ground, it is a problem with is body which recurs intermittently and is debilitating!!!

24 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Evans injury is an unknown quantity..at his age it could have big consequences. Vestergaard needs to convince and I'm not sure he's the answer to our CB problems!

We're incredibly vulnerable in the CB department... Amartey is a bombscare as well!!

I don't share your optimism I'm afraid.