Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Josh Knight

He had decent reviews there from what I've seen.

At 23, 24 this year, you'd like to think he'll be on the edge of the first team soon.

Saw him away at Sheffield United in the league cup the other year, not sure if it was his debut or not, but he looked okay then.

was told at the start of the season by BR he had no future here. i know someone close to him, so interesting to see if he's turned this round, but had been planning a future away from the club as far as I've been told.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I imagine what Wycombe were offering us is less than we think we would get at tribunal if he decides to leave in the summer. 

Would it even go to a tribunal or would he just leave on a free as  the lads 23 ? Genuine question 

I thought the tribunal only applied if the player has received a contract  offer from the owning club. If the buying club are offering a contract which the player accepts then the owning club are due a fee decided by the tribunal to compensate them for developing the player. It is in the interest of the owning club to make a decent contract offer as this will provide an indicator of the player's value.If they aren't  interested in offering the player a contract then why should the tribunal be involved? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Would it even go to a tribunal or would he just leave on a free as  the lads 23 ? Genuine question 

If we offer him a new deal, however unsatisfactory it is to him it would mean we were due compensation by another domestic club should they try and sign him permanently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I thought the tribunal only applied if the player has received a contract  offer from the owning club. If the buying club are offering a contract which the player accepts then the owning club are due a fee decided by the tribunal to compensate them for developing the player. It is in the interest of the owning club to make a decent contract offer as this will provide an indicator of the player's value.If they aren't  interested in offering the player a contract then why should the tribunal be involved? 

This was my sort of thinking I thought if we hadn’t offered him a contract and he’s been told he can leave I couldn’t see it going to a tribunal plus I thought at 23 he was too old for that any way but I have  just been told it up to  24 . I’m not fully up to speed on youth teams rules etc so was genuinely interested . 

Edited by baldeagle

5 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

This was my sort of thinking I thought if we hadn’t offered him a contract and he’s been told he can leave I couldn’t see it going to a tribunal plus I thought at 23 he was to old for that any way but been told it unto 24 . I’m not fully up to speed on youth teams rules etc so was genuinely interested 

Some years back tribunals were more of a thing(or it appeared that way) . I think there used to be a bit of "gaming", when  decent young players  from the football league clubs would be the subject of lowball offers by bigger clubs offering fees below market value . The tribunal system was intended to level up the playing field (to borrow a phrase)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bakey said:

I see he's started every game since match day 5 at CB.

They're rock bottom but does anyone know how he's actually playing?

Look at their results before and after he signed. He has been unreal for them. 

Many thought he was joining a team that were going to get smashed every week but since he arrived they have competed in every game. They will probably still go down because the gulf in class is vast but by all accounts he has been great for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

We have a year option on him at the end of the season. I suppose we will sign him for rhat year and then look to send it to auction for the best price we can get. Highly doubt we will even see him in a leicester shirt again. 

Unless something massive changes I think this is likely to be exactly what happens.

On 06/01/2021 at 14:22, urban.spaceman said:

Didn't he injure himself or am I thinking of someone else?

He's been injured before, in the u23s and at the Posh.

On 06/01/2021 at 14:25, Bakey said:

I see he's started every game since match day 5 at CB.

They're rock bottom but does anyone know how he's actually playing?

Their fans love him. Call him a "Ferrari of a centre back" which is funny since he'd been playing as a central midfielder for two season at Peterborough

So Josh and Admiral Muskwe will try to keep Wycombe up? Wycombe definitely need another striker. They looked a decent side but without a guaranteed goal scorer.  I hope Admiral fits the bill.