Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

First ever cricket game I attended today (Been Leicestershire before but it got rained off). 

Unbelievable, that’s all that needs to be said. Class day.

Hopefully encourage you to vist GR more often need all the supporters we can get

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Be classic England to get them 3/4 down which might have us given a chance had the likely target been higher.

Do the ECB still only have to pay refunds if the days ends before a certain period of time ?

I think if a ball is bowled, your ticket money is done. Certainly used to be that way.

• Like 1

Just now, Super_horns said:

Ah - be interesting to see how many have turned up !

I may be wrong, there's much better informed cricket people on here. I'm assuming if you can pay at the gate, ticket prices would have to be dramatically  reduced for anyone to bother after yesterdays showing. I have to confess, if I'd prepaid a ticket for today and had to drive much more than half an hour, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the England match on later. 

• Like 1

England were piss poor in the 2nd Test...but that shouldn't take anything away from this NZ side. There's a reason they qualified for the World Test Championship final and I think they'll absolutely muller India in English conditions with the bowling attack they have tbh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

England were piss poor in the 2nd Test...but that shouldn't take anything away from this NZ side. There's a reason they qualified for the World Test Championship final and I think they'll absolutely muller India in English conditions with the bowling attack they have tbh.

I do hope so. About time someone showed up the 'Big Three' farce we're shamefully complicit in. They thoroughly deserve to be the ones to do it.

19 hours ago, Corky said:

To be honest, you should only get a refund if the weather stops play, not one of the teams being shit.

19 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I think they do refund (or at least used to) if there was less than 15 overs and a partial refund if there was less than 30.  Obviously the this wouldn't be available for the 5th day.

It's a combination of this that is usually the case. (as in the weather stopping play, not because a team can't fulfil a whole day through their own incompetence!) 

54 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Don't understand why they didn't make a 3 match series or something to decide this test championship.

Draws are common in test cricket let alone in the English summer lol

Unsure why England was even chosen to begin with.