Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Love it when a player that needs a score digs a great one out, well played Duckett.

Separately I'm convinced one of these days a player is going to try one of those ramps/scoops and end up patting it straight into the keepers gloves, looking ridiculous in the process lol

Just now, ealingfox said:

Love it when a player that needs a score digs a great one out, well played Duckett.

Separately I'm convinced one of these days a player is going to try one of those ramps/scoops and end up patting it straight into the keepers gloves, looking ridiculous in the process lol

I'm sure this has happened already at some point lol balance of probability, really.

All the same, totally worth it.

22 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The cricket equivalent of passing around at the back and passing straight to the opposition forward 

32 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The cricket equivalent of passing around at the back and passing straight to the opposition forward 

I’d more say the cricket equivalent of what happened at Watford. One leads to a goal for us. One a goal against us. Risk and reward. 

55 minutes ago, trabuch said:

As a former bowler - this is a nightmare. How do you deal with batting like this? As an England cricket fan - it's glorious.

Must be so jading posting a score like that and then feeling pressure within 5 overs in the field.

Feel you just have to fight fire with fire and go hard for wickets all the time. Fire your bowlers up by showing you back them, even if England are smashing it to all parts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This England team is one of the best of all time imo. To go to India and do this to them, not even peak Windies or Aussies could do that. 

Still wouldn’t surprise me if we wake up tomorrow all out for below 300 lol

19 hours ago, Lionator said:

This England team is one of the best of all time imo. To go to India and do this to them, not even peak Windies or Aussies could do that. 

And this is why I can't be doing with takes like this. Pretty sure India and Australia will be happy to let us have moral victories and the odd dominant session whilst they get on with winning the actual matches and series.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

And this is why I can't be doing with takes like this. Pretty sure India and Australia will be happy to let us have moral victories and the odd dominant session whilst they get on with winning the actual matches and series.

There’s still a good chance we win this. India know they’ll need a lead of 350+ so the pressure is on them and we know that they crumble. 

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There’s still a good chance we win this. India know they’ll need a lead of 350+ so the pressure is on them and we know that they crumble. 

We really don't have a good chance, we  did have and good chance which we have thrown away.

We are well behind the game, we have slim chance of win, from this position.

We have to hope to bowl then out for around 150.

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This just feels like copium unfortunately. We've been gifted an unreal opportunity to get something from this series with the players they're missing and we're not getting near it at this rate.

Bowling lacks threat and key batters not contributing. 

• Like 1

You do have to take the rough with the smooth, when shots come off we all love it. But its also a bit of a cop out as well. 

Small adaptations when needed, like seeing off Bumrah. It's hard for it to consistently come off, not against the best teams anyway. 

But its the only way we can compete, we could play 'normally' and still get rolled over.