Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

On 28/03/2021 at 08:58, Stuntman_Mike said:

He was very hit and miss from what I remember. 

He seemed to be unplayable one moment and a complete donkey the next.

He was doing ok, but got a bad knee injury I think.

On 29/03/2021 at 13:37, LanguedocFox said:

I'm on a roll here :)

Kevin Pressman, who rivalled Douglas as a disastrous keeper. He also ruined my first night living in France.

We moved on 2 October 2004, and we stayed our first night with some English friends who had been living in the Languedoc for about ten years. We were having a late meal with them, with the telly on in the background (no sound, just pictures). I'm not sure why, because we were in the Second Division at the time, City v Preston was on Match of the Day.

I didn't know the score, so when Trevor Benjamin scored (seriously) after four minutes, I thought we were heading for a big victory (I know, I know). Then, on 39 minutes, the PNE keeper Andy Lonergan hoofed a long ball up field and it bounced once, about 30 yards out and went over the head of Pressman, who was standing somewhere around the penalty. He made a vain attempt to flap for the ball, but his feet didn't leave the ground and he landed flat on his back at more or less the same time as the ball bounced into our net. I shouted something like "You fvcking tw@t, Pressman", earning sour-faced looks from everyone, and a three-day penance from my wife.

It's here in all its glory.

We did sign some donkeys in the 2000s.

God that’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen. He looks like Vardy if Vardy had eaten Big Wes...

• 2 months later...

Billy Houghton

Left back was only with us 4/5 months at the start of the 1969 season.

I have no recollection of this guy whose name came up on an LCFC Programme postedon my Facebook page.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I was there for that. Under filled Walkers stadium and terrible football. Halcyon days. 

I had 2 STs that my son couldn’t always use and I couldn’t give it away they even had the chance to sit anywhere in the kop or part of the West Stand there were so many empty seats.

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

I had 2 STs that my son couldn’t always use and I couldn’t give it away they even had the chance to sit anywhere in the kop or part of the West Stand there were so many empty seats.

My old man and I went with a friend. He stopped going halfway through the season and gave his ticket away. Didn't go for 6 or 7 years and cited that season as the reason he went off football a bit. 

It was so bad. 

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

I had a season ticket for 3 consecutive years - and that was one of those years. Absolutely disgusting.

Will hopefully put that right if my application in the ballot is successful. 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

• 1 year later...
On 29/03/2021 at 13:37, LanguedocFox said:

I'm on a roll here :)

Kevin Pressman, who rivalled Douglas as a disastrous keeper. He also ruined my first night living in France.

We moved on 2 October 2004, and we stayed our first night with some English friends who had been living in the Languedoc for about ten years. We were having a late meal with them, with the telly on in the background (no sound, just pictures). I'm not sure why, because we were in the Second Division at the time, City v Preston was on Match of the Day.

I didn't know the score, so when Trevor Benjamin scored (seriously) after four minutes, I thought we were heading for a big victory (I know, I know). Then, on 39 minutes, the PNE keeper Andy Lonergan hoofed a long ball up field and it bounced once, about 30 yards out and went over the head of Pressman, who was standing somewhere around the penalty. He made a vain attempt to flap for the ball, but his feet didn't leave the ground and he landed flat on his back at more or less the same time as the ball bounced into our net. I shouted something like "You fvcking tw@t, Pressman", earning sour-faced looks from everyone, and a three-day penance from my wife.

It's here in all its glory.

We did sign some donkeys in the 2000s.

This was my wedding day 

8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Never played for us.

True. He was on our books though. Probably should have taken more care reading the title. Not sure how I can contribute though if I've forgotten them all 🤣