Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Josh Low, Kevin Ellison, Junior Lewis all surely worse than Etuhu.

I Know one of the players listed there and some of the stories I’ve heard about the club during his time there - Jesus Christ. No wonder the mess we got ourself in. 

Edited by TJB-fox

37 minutes ago, Corky said:

Anyone who forgot Craig Hignett can't have been at the Arsenal match in 2003. What a finish and what a noise!

Listen to that at 0:44: 

Remember Micky Adams' quote after the match saying Hignett was Arsenal's best player until he got the equaliser.

Doesn't show the terrible challenge by Ashley Cole that he got sent off for.

On 16/02/2021 at 19:19, Corky said:

Anyone who forgot Craig Hignett can't have been at the Arsenal match in 2003. What a finish and what a noise!

Didn't Cocu get sent off for Barcelona against us in a friendly after bringing Hignett down when he was through one on one?

• Like 1

On 16/02/2021 at 10:22, Raw Dykes said:

Craig Hignett? There's probably quite a few from that season that were only here briefly and don't really stick in the memory. Howey, Freund, Scimeca, Brooker, etc.

I remember watching a Micky Adams interview mid season that year where he was asked about all the free transfers and he said "well at the end of the day you get what you pay for", then we got relegated lol

• Haha 2

I've never noticed before, but in comparison to this game, these days the goals are set back more, closer to the advertising hoardings. At some point we lengthened the pitch?

10 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

I've never noticed before, but in comparison to this game, these days the goals are set back more, closer to the advertising hoardings. At some point we lengthened the pitch?

They may have moved the hoardings but we added artificial grass where the grey area behind the pitch is which makes it look different.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

They may have moved the hoardings but we added artificial grass where the grey area behind the pitch is which makes it look different.

I get what you're saying, and the blue area can be  misleading, but I still think they've extended the pitch length a little.  Which would make perfect sense when you have Vardy running in behind defences.

Screenshot_20210223-173840_Samsung Internet.jpg

Whilst checking on the on loan players I noticed a few names not yet mentioned

Jay Spearing

and

James Vaughan

both at Tranmere (was just seeing if Nugent was getting a game after I realised he’d moved on loan from Preston)

&

Greg Cunningham at Preston

he’s the 1 that had the nasty leg break v Hull. Fun fact I’ve actually got his Leicester shirt signed by most of the squad

Edit Just seen Spearing & Vaughan mentioned on this page ironically 🙄 You guys did the same as I think

Edited by BKLFox

• 3 weeks later...