Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Leicester 2 - 0 Chelsea Post Match Thread

58 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I think Maddison talked too much in his post match interview tonight. I love the kid but needs to stop giving away our tactics and how we change our game. He did this last season and we started to get found out a bit. Best approach is “40 points we do ok”. 

I read this in Nigel Pearson voice lol

When our fans are finally allowed back, I hope our fans give some of the players the reception they deserve. It will more than likely have been over 18 months since our fans have been to a game, and all of them, but especially the likes of Fofana, Justin, Vardy and Tielemans deserve all the plaudits, as it’s been a joy to watch them during these s***e times.

Edited by LCFCbwoi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

I think Maddison talked too much in his post match interview tonight. I love the kid but needs to stop giving away our tactics and how we change our game. He did this last season and we started to get found out a bit. Best approach is “40 points we do ok”. 

Got a point there about giving away tactics ... 

30 minutes ago, Fktf said:

There's a reason for that..

Obviously! :P

Rodgers knew he was a weak link and set up so that he would be causing harm to his own side with every forward run. 

Also allowed us to completely overrun Chelsea’s midfield. 

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

Did he? Anyone watching the game already  knew we did exactly what he described, well, everyone except Frank Lampard.:scarf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Vardy hasn’t scored a premier league goal from open play in 7 games btw, hopefully he can start finding the back of the net again soon because we’re going to need him

The poor bloke is knackered. He's got to look after 5 kids while his wife is off gallivanting on Dancing on Ice lol

• Haha 1

The guy interviewing Maddison did his best to ruin it - what a douche nozzle. 

We’ve sold a CB and FB the last 2 years for 130m and still have 3 players at each position better than the one we sold. Pretty incredible - but that’s how LCFC becomes a top 4 contender.

28 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

The guy interviewing Maddison did his best to ruin it - what a douche nozzle. 

We’ve sold a CB and FB the last 2 years for 130m and still have 3 players at each position better than the one we sold. Pretty incredible - but that’s how LCFC becomes a top 4 contender.

I don't think he did. He just let Maddison talk.

He asked a question and didn't need to say much else.

There were a couple of points where he tried to say something and Madders talked over him.

But as I've said before, a touchline reporter isn't the best journo. You shouldn't get spoken over.

(This is why I loved the Des Kelly interview where Klopp got stroppy. Des is an old school hack)

However, Geoff Shreeves didn't have to do much tonight, Madders just kept speaking. That's a reporters dream.

And there were plenty of quotable and newsworthy lines in there.

I did Sports Journalism at uni, but I'd be interested to know if @UpTheLeagueFoxthinks the same as me?

Edit...The most patronising part of the night was Martin Tyler saying we won't be at the top of the league for long and basically suggesting that we shouldn't be there. The bloke on co-comms, (was it Andy Hinchcliffe?) actually stuck up for us. Sorry for ruining the 'big 6' for you. And I'm not buying the Jamie Redknapp trying to sell Fofana line either. He was saying how good he was. We've seen players leave Man Utd for Real Madrid.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 3

Man of the match was a tough choice, but again I went with Ndidi, absolute solid in the middle and a great goal.

Lots of moaning Chelsea fans on the radio afterwards, but I thought they played well, we were looking leggy second half, but our ability to dig deep, intercept a pass, pass well and keep the ball moving eventually psychologically got to them. We play with a smile and a love of the game!

But what about JJ, at 23.37 next to the touchline - Bobby More or what. This lad must be the most happiest lad on planet Earth. Ricky's going to have to work damn hard to replace him. And wasn't it great seeing him again, crunching tackle early on and getting upfield, man he was my player of the season last year.

Anyone else noticing Vardy's frustration unable to get a goal in the last 2 games?

All in all, what a great time to be a City fan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fktf said:

There's a reason for that..

Yeah ... much of Chelsea’s adventurous runs and opportunities came from the right side. On the left side, they did advance, but it was so predictable. Pass pass pass, Chilwell, press press press, Chilwell back pass or slows down play. He did make a good pass into the penalty box though so he was not all bad.

Lovely stuff is all I've got to say.

Pretty on the eye, tactically spot on, everyone put in a shift.

Many other posters have mentioned but it's worth reiterating - not once was I worried we wouldn't see the game out - in fact 3-0 or 4-0 would not have flattered how good the guys were out there.

The funny thing is pundits are still waxing lyrical about the big teams we beat, and we seem to be (strangely) flying under the radar even in 1st 

6 hours ago, Poco said:

Brilliant throughout the team tonight. Subtle tactical tweak from Brendan has been interesting in the last few games - Maddison almost playing up front with Vardy at times (far more useful than collecting the ball off the CBs) and Wilf pushed further forward to win the ball earlier in the press.

On we go!

Good spot. This is working like a dream, the players with their back to him are doing the same thing they normally do, but Wilf can usually get around the side with his telescopic legs.

He's gone the full Kante really, it's like he's taking candy from a baby.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foxeyman said:

Just chatted with Ndidi (I'm Nigerian and he happens to be from my hometown back in Nigeria) on my whatsapp, the lad loves it here so much at Leicester guys. 

That's great to hear, I think I can speak for all the fans in saying that he is loved here, we know we are lucky to have him at Leicester. I listened to a great interview with him recently, when he talked about his childhood, his Dad being a military man, getting into football etc.

Seemed like a really cool guy, mature and intelligent. I reckon he will be successful after football, that degree is such a smart move.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Do opposition teams not have complete analysis technicians to work this out?

I'm fairly sure they could work out that Leicester rotated formation from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 in about 5 minutes. 

They could even read this forum and gain more insight than they did from Maddison's post-match. 

Edited by Danny Clender
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Do opposition teams not have complete analysis technicians to work this out?

I'm fairly sure they could work out that Leicester rotated formation from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 in about 5 minutes. 

They could even read this forum and gain more insight than they did from Maddison's post-match. 

not avin that :) 

• Haha 1