Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Leicester 2 - 0 Chelsea Post Match Thread

27 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We have form, as in won it before and finished in top six last season. Besides I wasn’t one of those claiming Southampton fans shouldn’t get excited, but yes 19 games in is way more games in than Southampton it is half of season. So quite different than a handful, when you have won it before people start to believe it can happen again. And it could, not saying it will, but it is far more likely than Southampton  

I agree with all of this, but who are we (as in our fans who are guilty of this) to mock Southampton fans when we could easily be mocked by Liverpool and Man City fans by that same logic? I don't see why some need to behave in such an arrogant way. So pardon me for pointing out that our fans are as guilty of endulging in what is most likely also a brief visit to the pinnacle.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

I love the fact that Chelsea spent a huge amount on very good players yet we win the game comfortably and very few people are surprised.

Of course it says plenty about their current situation but also ours.

This is a key thing at the moment for me. We're sat in a sweet spot where the media put no pressure on us because of the name of the club and nobody really takes us seriously as contenders. Long may it continue. Meanwhile we just go about our business.

Maddison did really well to keep us there aswell in his interview last night 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gordon the Great said:

Great call, have been thinking this for some time.....why not? really why not?

I wouldn’t want sharks nose put out. Not room for them both. And he’s french.

19 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I don't think I've ever seen a footballer be as insightful or intelligent, he could be a fantastic pundit if he ever wants the job

I was going to say pretty much the same. I've only just read the post match thread but watching that interview, he comes across as astute and ambitious and understands where he has work to do. I think that is partly down to Brendan as well as his own insight and taking on board what pundits say about him. He will be a regular England player without doubt.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Peterorange said:

Giroud! Quality player who must be livid that Werner and Abraham are getting selected ahead of him. Not going to happen I know but I can dream.

I'd love him here, He's exactly the type of striker we need. Can lead the line or play the support role. Great in the air and on the Ground. he'd be a great signing even for 6 Months.

23 hours ago, M0901 said:

Evans and Fofana were nothing short of exceptional tonight.

When you consider that last year's best rated CD Soyoncu is now fit and can't make the side and the same goes for Perrira our defence is the best in the league. Evans gets better with age and a novice 19yo who is truly amazing. Fofana playing well enough to get picked for the French national side. 

Can't afford to get in injured in this squad because you may not get back into the first team. 

• Thanks 1

On 20/01/2021 at 09:21, FoxesWalk said:

Does Ricardo take the Albrighton role now he is nearing fitness? IMO it’s the best way to squeeze our best players into the same side. But it’s also arguably our best XI regardless:

Schmeichel

Justin, Fofana, Evans, Castagne 

Ndidi

Ricardo, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes 

Vardy 

Soyuncu back in somehow? 

No. Ricardo is fighting Castagne and Justin for a spot. Albrighton is fighting hard to keep Under on thy bench 

On 20/01/2021 at 09:24, FoxesWalk said:

Love Marc, but he isn’t as good defensively or offensively as Ricardo. On that showing though it would be very harsh to drop him, I agree.

Sorry. I think you are incorrect. 

We controlled that from start to finish. we really seem to have stepped up a level the last few matches and there seems to be a new mood about us. You can see why we weren’t so hard to get Fofana, absolutely immense in everything he done, timing tackles, reading the ball and play and dominating his striker. Justin was Justin, as brilliant as we’re now expecting from him. 

Chelsea spent 240m in the summer and still start with a championship striker, and odio 

On 20/01/2021 at 00:00, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

fifth mate, ricardo came on. 

The difference was clear, when chilwell was attacking he either passed back or did a poor cross, JJ instead just cuts through them.  I also like the work rate of JJ, he will bust a gut to win the ball back when he can.

On 20/01/2021 at 00:09, Master Fox said:

I think Maddison talked too much in his post match interview tonight. I love the kid but needs to stop giving away our tactics and how we change our game. He did this last season and we started to get found out a bit. Best approach is “40 points we do ok”. 

Yeah I did cringe when he was been interviewed, just thinking "shut up".

Hope Brendan stops him been interviewed or at the very least tells him to give only the most basic answers.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Hope Brendan stops him been interviewed or at the very least tells him to give only the most basic answers.

Can’t tell if serious. 

25 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

What exactly did he give away that you think isn't obvious to opposition staff? That we changed our formation to a 4-4-2 when out of possession? That we had studied Chelsea on set pieces and worked on that move on the training ground?

The only really revealing thing was that Maddison actually noted what the pundits were saying about him after the Sheff Utd game. That doesn't surprise me given how much Maddison seems to like the attention and showing off - my only worry about this is that it might be a bit too easy to get into his head.

1 minute ago, shen said:

What exactly did he give away that you think isn't obvious to opposition staff? That we changed our formation to a 4-4-2 when out of possession? That we had studied Chelsea on set pieces and worked on that move on the training ground?

The only really revealing thing was that Maddison actually noted what the pundits were saying about him after the Sheff Utd game. That doesn't surprise me given how much Maddison seems to like the attention and showing off - my only worry about this is that it might be a bit too easy to get into his head.

He went on too long, everyone to their own I guess.  The first part was fine, but that should have been it.  

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He went on too long, everyone to their own I guess.  The first part was fine, but that should have been it.  

There's a reason staff are given media training, but these days we also have to acknowledge there is a lot of personal promotion and branding which is important in careers - like it or not. I think Maddison's enthusiastic and seemingly sincere comments are refreshing and different to the same old same old that we get from the careful types like Vardy, Evans, Justin, Tielemans, Morgan etc. It's really only Schmeichel and Maddison who will break the mould a bit (not too much).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

...Have you not seen Brendan's pre and post match interviews? Brendans been telling Sky plenty about our in-game tactics this season, did it before the Leeds game as I recall lol