Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Leicester 2 - 0 Chelsea Post Match Thread

4 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

The guy interviewing Maddison did his best to ruin it - what a douche nozzle. 

We’ve sold a CB and FB the last 2 years for 130m and still have 3 players at each position better than the one we sold. Pretty incredible - but that’s how LCFC becomes a top 4 contender.

Isn’t it great? I was crunching some numbers whilst on the lav the other day and by my reckoning out of the PROFITS of player sales since we won the league we now have better players in those positions (poss Mahrez excluding) have a £100 million training ground and around £70 million left over. Staggering.

6 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Of course. He always is.

But imagine if he starts scoring himself again and Maddison and Barnes continue their form... exciting 

Against Soton...he could of had 3/5....lastnight...others could/should of had 2-3....But make no mistake, it his Danger on potential runs ,that creats for others,

Maddison,Barnes,Tielemans firstly , then One hopes, N'didi,Albrighton,Justin or Castagna might Nip in.....

This best Array of goal potential,  since  our return to the PL....Just Need the CBs, to come in from the cold..!!

Our all round goal potential seems to be higher....Cut out Tielemans...you have Maddison, hold These Two quiet, you have Barnes penetrating runs..

Albrighton,Justin, any FB,  gives us, those break out & front foot penetrating drives.....but we still Need that Front man to draw out the space...

At present we have One of the best, but hes also unique in what he brings....!

9 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Love Marc, but he isn’t as good defensively or offensively as Ricardo. On that showing though it would be very harsh to drop him, I agree.

Rubbish, superb again tonight worked well with Maddison for the first goal, set up the second.  To think some people want Marc Albrighton dropped?  Keep Ricardo on the bench for now ease him in when needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Rubbish, superb again tonight worked well with Maddison for the first goal, set up the second.  To think some people want Marc Albrighton dropped?  Keep Ricardo on the bench for now ease him in when needed.

Go back to liverpool away and Marc looked like he was passed it .....but you have to give credit where it’s due and he has stepped it up since then. 

8 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Did we even get out of second gear 

I agree with this, 2nd half we were fairly pedestrian. It was a great win yesterday no doubt and not going to take away anything from that. But.... 

We were pedestrian because we could be. Chelsea did more or less nothing. Like Lampard said, Chelsea were walking most of the game. Hardly closed us down, no chasing down of balls, no closing in. They gave us plenty of time on the ball unlike Southampton the game before which we did slightly struggle in the first 20-30 mins to handle their press. This is where our true test lies. We know that with the ball and no press from the opposition we are amazing. Now we have to show against a high press and teams that work hard can we retain that beautiful football. Are we quick enough in the pass and thought process. I believe we are but now need to go and do it consistently. 

Top of the league! Unbelievable. Long may it continue 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Master Fox said:

I think Maddison talked too much in his post match interview tonight. I love the kid but needs to stop giving away our tactics and how we change our game. He did this last season and we started to get found out a bit. Best approach is “40 points we do ok”. 

What tactics did he give away? Noticing Chelsea switch off at corners and that we had worked on them in training?

Couldn't watch the game but sounded like a great performance. They really seem to have found another level in the last couple games - either that or it's all coming together at the moment.

Long way to go before you can start thinking of anything, but Rodgers in particular is really proving me wrong at the moment and I couldn't be happier or more relieved about that. I thought we'd done well to avoid a good portion of the top half until Christmas but we've continued playing our best games against the better sides, Anfield aside.

I'd still probably wait a while before giving it about Chilwell given what happened last season though...

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It doesn’t get much better than this as a City fan. Watching us beat Chelski’s billions, in second gear, was a joy to behold 

That's downplaying it a bit. We were running hard all game, to the point where we risked fading badly. Thankfully Chelsea didn't really believe they could stage a comeback by then. It looked comfortable, but only because everyone worked very hard and made good decisions.

9 hours ago, brookfox said:

Mount, Hudson Odoi + James England caps; 20. Maddison, Barnes + Justin England caps; 2.

Even the commentators kept on banging on about Mount through the game. All he did was get skinned and foul people time after time.