Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Leicester 2 - 0 Chelsea Post Match Thread

Just now, gurru991 said:

Vardy was a big cause of Maddisons goal . His run disrupted their defence and created the gap. No goal or assist but without him it doesnt happen. Even when not scoring he influences the game.

Of course. He always is.

But imagine if he starts scoring himself again and Maddison and Barnes continue their form... exciting 

10 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I like how Ricky’s not even looking at him 

I think whilst Chilwell comes across as a nice enough bloke, he wanted and probably pushed the Chelsea move. Doesn’t matter how nice you are if your forcing a move through away from the club and those team mates it feels like a bitter pill to swallow.

I’m sure the boys probably spoke to him inside the stadium, but as soon as you know a player wants out of your workplace then a massive element of respect will be lost.

I remember when Chilly scored a worldie against Watford after the lockdown, he just didn’t seem bothered, the Chelsea motion was already in place then it seems.

No major loss in the slightest.

Chilly’s bank balance will have grown but he’s missing out on something good here. He probably knows that too.

• Like 2

What a difference it is watching a team play a group of individuals. Most of us would of crawled on our knees for some of the names that they have. But that is all they are....just names.... and I wouldn't trade our team for any of them.

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Vardy was a big cause of Maddisons goal . His run disrupted their defence and created the gap. No goal or assist but without him it doesnt happen. Even when not scoring he influences the game.

He went down like Becky Vardy on ice 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Said it at the end of that Man Utd. game in the summer - to miss out in such an agonising, slow-motion car crash of a way was going to be the making or breaking of the lads. The signs this year really have been encouraging. It looks like that let-down matured a lot of our young lads and helped build rather than further shatter our mentality.

I'm still not sure we've completely lost our soft underbelly - those home losses early on stung, and it was the second round of games that ruined us last time - which are incoming after Brentford. But if we can keep up this rich vein of form, having navigated some tough, tough fixtures already, and get to that Liverpool game next month still in and around the top spot, I'll be quietly confident of the top four at least this time around... if not something even more special. :celebrate:

Last seasons collapse is the new Deeney Day.

Move on, learn and use it as motivation. 

• Like 2

We must be one of the luckiest fanbases in the world. 

Delightful from start to finish. If we won 4-0 it wouldn't have flattered us. 

Everyone was on it tonight. From the get go the workrate was immense. Incredible Vardy maybe was the weak link and yet we go top. We've had bigger wins than that but was as good a performance against an elite club outside of Man City in 2016.

Results like Fulham/Crystal Palace might be annoying but its games against the bigger clubs where we've been found wanting. I'll take the odd blip if we can establish ourselves against the Top 6.

Chelsea were a shambles. Would feel a bit sorry for Kante as his career could fizzle out there. That said for all the bitter taste of his departure N'Didi might just have surpassed him.

You'd really miss the King Power experience on night like this. 

Halfway there..:D :scarf:

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

Outclassed them everywhere. 

Rodgers gave Chelsea all of Chilwell’s side of the pitch and they couldn’t do a damn thing with it. 

Brendan had the perfect setup and the boys executed. Everyone involved in this game for us deserves so much credit and praise. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Just ****ing class. Whatever they go on and do for the rest of the season they all, and the manager, deserve huge credit for picking themselves back up after the end of last seasons meltdown. We’ve beaten Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City, drew with United and lost to Liverpool. ****ing staggering. What a city, what a club, what a team. 

It almost feels like last season's meltdown was the equivalent of that play off loss at Watford in 2013. On both occasions I think there was lots of soul searching and lessons learned by the management and squad, followed by a real determination to put things right next time around. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I think Maddison talked too much in his post match interview tonight. I love the kid but needs to stop giving away our tactics and how we change our game. He did this last season and we started to get found out a bit. Best approach is “40 points we do ok”. 

Thing is, Brendan does it too. The ways we approach games are laid out before we play, usually. And more often than not, it's been working for us. I think it just shows a quiet confidence to be able to be open with the fact that, yes, you ARE doing that planning for each game, and being able to explain exactly what that process was.

If anything I see it as a psychological upper-hand. You're showing your hand and challenging the opposition to stop it. Publicly showing that yes, you've done your homework and they had damn well better have done theirs.

He's a chip off the gaffer's block in that respect - he SOUNDED like Rodgers' player in that interview.

Fans of other teams are gonna listen to that and either love or hate it. You just know some are going to be so riled by the confidence on show. More power to Madders. lol

• Like 2

That's the best I can remember seeing us play without the ball. We were absolutely relentless. Justin and Castagne have to be two of the fittest players going, they don't ever stop sprinting.

Defending set pieces we looked a bit wobbly and I thought we got away with a couple but that's the only real complaint I can think of. Vardy wasn't really at it again but still played a few lovely passes and it's not such a problem now that we're coming up with goals from elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I think Maddison talked too much in his post match interview tonight. I love the kid but needs to stop giving away our tactics and how we change our game. He did this last season and we started to get found out a bit. Best approach is “40 points we do ok”. 

Maddison's interview was first class . He gave nothing away that  the other managers & pundits didn't already know. He came across as intelligent but humble and his comment that if you don't work you won't play was classic.  Other teams spend hour after hour watching video of the game & they can spot formation changes without Maddison talking about it 

Bloody brilliant watch, as comprehensive a win over a ‘big six’ side as you are likely to see, and we’ve had a few in the past year or two. I’m hoping the mercury print a retraction from the weekend about Ndidi never shooting from distance again :ph34r:, granted he can be wayward, but I can think of a couple of strikes from distance. Maddison and Fofana were immense, and the level of pressing and control we had over them is testament to the coaching staff and the whole team. We are a bloody good side. Chelsea have tried to do to much too quickly, a squad of individuals and not a team. Reminiscent of Emery’s Arsenal side and they got torn a new one when they visited us as well! Plenty to be optimistic about. We couldn’t do it again, could we...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Outclassed them everywhere. 

Rodgers gave Chelsea all of Chilwell’s side of the pitch and they couldn’t do a damn thing with it. 

Brendan had the perfect setup and the boys executed. Everyone involved in this game for us deserves so much credit and praise. 

There's a reason for that..