Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Leicester 2 - 0 Chelsea Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Anyone else listening to Radio Chelsea aka TalkShite this morning?  Are we top of the League or did I dream it last night?  Even heard one reference to Arsenal being a 'Top 6' Club.

Tuning into TalkSport and then getting annoyed about what you hear is like wandering up to the most obnoxious wind-up merchant you know in the local pub for a chat, then getting upset when he winds you up. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

No hard feelings for Chilwell at all, but I did enjoy how angry he got talking about getting up the pitch and then passing it backwards lol

Edited by ajthefox
Terrible grammar.
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Could be, I suppose it depends what time you tuned in - obviously it's quite a big story how poor Chelsea's recent form is vs how they're expected to do, so they're going to spend a lot of time talking about it, but they did spend a lot of time talking about us earlier this morning. TalkSport are definitely fairer than Sky in that respect

To be fair to sky a lot of the "old guard" are not going to change their ways. I genuinely sensed a bias in Tyler's commentary last night. But the likes of Neville, Carragher, Keane, Richards and Redknapp seem to be on the turn when it comes to talking us up.

The thing is we are still years behind where Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc are in terms of worldwide attraction. Popular news sells, its that simple. 

Pulling figures out of the air and using talksport as an example. If Chelsea have 1000000 and we have half that, talking about Chelsea is going to attract more listeners, its fact and something we need to get used to. Big if, but if we carry on the way we are in a few years we could be talked about just as much. The more we improve, the more we attract, the bigger we become, the more popular we become

'If' we win the league again in the not so distant future, the narrative will always be little old Leicester did it again. If we do it again after that, it won't be little old Leicester anymore, it'll be the new breed and so on. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

oieeaf4g5dc61.jpg

I know this is all good fun and that - but I can't help but remember when Saints were top and some on here had a go at their fans for being excited. Our fanbase is exactly the same lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

No hard feelings for Chilwell at all, but I did enjoy how angry he talking about getting up the pitch and then passing it backwards lol

We'd been saying it for a good 6months before he left.

He just needs confidence the right manager, which Lampard is not.

10 minutes ago, shen said:

I know this is all good fun and that - but I can't help but remember when Saints were top and some on here had a go at their fans for being excited. Our fanbase is exactly the same lol

Weren’t they top after like 7 games... and have they win the PL recently. Anyway there is a long way to go but 38 points from 19 is something to be a little excited about 

9 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

We'd been saying it for a good 6months before he left.

He just needs confidence the right manager, which Lampard is not.

What are you talking about? Many of us were saying that for much much longer than that. He and Ndidi (Ndidi is much better now) were mainly responsible for our sideway and backward passes and our inability to get the ball upfield when pressed. They, together with Maddison (when he was playing deeper; now much improved just behind Vardy) regularly disrupted the flow and stifled our plays. We were found out by opposition teams - key is just to press our left side and back four and we would go pass pass pass backward.

Chelsea fans are now just finding this out ...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Weren’t they top after like 7 games... and have they win the PL recently. Anyway there is a long way to go but 38 points from 19 is something to be a little excited about 

Yeah and we're top after 19 games (likely not for long). Still a helluva long way from ending there! How is that so much different?

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

There’s a very strong argument for the best ref and the best lino we’ve had this season  both being female.

I don't even think it's an argument. They've been far and away the best officials we've had not just this season, but for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah and we're top after 19 games (likely not for long). Still a helluva long way from ending there! How is that so much different?

We have form, as in won it before and finished in top six last season. Besides I wasn’t one of those claiming Southampton fans shouldn’t get excited, but yes 19 games in is way more games in than Southampton it is half of season. So quite different than a handful, when you have won it before people start to believe it can happen again. And it could, not saying it will, but it is far more likely than Southampton  

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

No hard feelings for Chilwell at all, but I did enjoy how angry he talking about getting up the pitch and then passing it backwards lol

'Whats happened to Ben Chilwell?'. Nothing mate, he's always played like that.