Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Florian Thauvin

59 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

And Eriksen!

Eriksen the serial loser at Spurs and past it in my opinion. I’d rather go for Max Meyer on a free if we’re looking to replace a squad player. I would go for Edouard this month though. Otherwise we could have a situation like we had at the back last season

Just now, Heymister2015 said:

Eriksen the serial loser at Spurs and past it in my opinion. I’d rather go for Max Meyer on a free if we’re looking to replace a squad player. I would go for Edouard this month though. Otherwise we could have a situation like we had at the back last season

Eriksen is proven at PL level, Meyer hasn’t cut it at a poor Palace team. Leaving finance to one side, it’s a no brainer between those two!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

You are surely not comparing Erikssen to Bennett are you. He was the main reason Spurs had any chance of catching us in 2015/6. Absolute quality and could make the difference between a successful conclusion to the season or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

You are surely not comparing Erikssen to Bennett are you. He was the main reason Spurs had any chance of catching us in 2015/6. Absolute quality and could make the difference between a successful conclusion to the season or not.

Clearly on about strikers if vardy gets injured. That’s why I’d prioritise Edouard. Otherwise we’ll have a weak frontline if vardy gets injuries. Going into midfield! Why would you replace a squad player with someone on so much money. There isn’t a spot for Eriksen in the first team

Edited by Heymister2015

2 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Get him in. I remember when journalists were criticizing the Newcastle players for looking unprofessional turning up to games in regular clothes so Thauvin rocked up in the below. 

X9rKzn6uEri8z23bpUmqNL-1200-80.jpg

GET. HIM. SIGNED. JON!

8 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Quality when? He hasn’t played well for about 3 seasons. 

So on a short term loan it is low risk. He comes here knowing he has a last chance to showcase his quality otherwise his career is going nowhere. I'd rather take a chance on a player who has proven quality, rather than a nobody like Bennett.

9 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

So on a short term loan it is low risk. He comes here knowing he has a last chance to showcase his quality otherwise his career is going nowhere. I'd rather take a chance on a player who has proven quality, rather than a nobody like Bennett.

Is Ryan Bennett even available?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Slates Christian Eriksen for not winning anything then proceeds to suggest signing max meyer, just released from a hefty contract at palace after barely playing. Lol

Simply because it’s in an area that doesn’t have an open slot. We just need back up. Why waste so much money! Proceeding to a player that was highly rated, in a poor team and negative manager.  Right fit, right manager and he could work as a back up. 

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Simply because it’s in an area that doesn’t have an open slot. We just need back up. Why waste so much money! Proceeding to a player that was highly rated, in a poor team and negative manager.  Right fit, right manager and he could work as a back up. 

Gets my vote over Eriksen too.  It was a real coup when Palace snapped up Meyer, but for reasons presumably unknown, it hasn’t worked out.

As Eriksen would want a guaranteed start and Meyer necessarily not; Meyer also fits our mould of ‘shaping a player with something to prove’.

13 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Why would you not say about cost being your main denominator in your original post then? 

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Why would you not say about cost being your main denominator in your original post then? 

Ultimately at a difficult time ££££ I’m always thinking preserving the club than wasting pointless pots of money on players that are too over the top for a back up position. Leicester have more sense. Meyer would want £40k a week and free. No way he’d expect that contract he had at palace, and to walk away from £170k a week contract shows he has hunger to get his career going again. 

Edited by Heymister2015

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Mayer has been dreadful for Palace........

Reminds me of Under. All the tricks, speed, and directness. Can he defend/press? Because for me this is whats keeping Under out of the team and Albrighton on.

And now I read Ricardo, Under and Albrighton are competing for Right Wingback? Will someone please tell me whats going on?