Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Florian Thauvin

23 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Thauvin is to one footed for me from what I've seen in his Video Clip.  He'd be found out quickly in the Premiership. Though granted it is a good left foot.

I think Under offers more with his trickery. Maybe we should wait until the Summer and see if we can do better..

Plenty of one foot players have done well in the PL, Robben, Mahrez etc

51 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Thauvin is to one footed for me from what I've seen in his Video Clip.  He'd be found out quickly in the Premiership. Though granted it is a good left foot.

I think Under offers more with his trickery. Maybe we should wait until the Summer and see if we can do better..

So was Ryan Giggs and he did alright...

Guest Hansifüx

I wouldn't be surprised if Gray was better than Thauvin. This club has weird expectations when it comes to wingers ... 

5 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Gray was better than Thauvin. This club has weird expectations when it comes to wingers ... 

Are you drunk and got the names the wrong way around? 

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Well ....... it’s only one step away from when all the Sporting players got attacked by the fans whilst training.

Strange there have been no solid speculation about him with any clubs.

He's a high quality right sided attacking player, he would fit here like a glove. It would be amazing for us to make a swoop on the final day for a player who will be worthless as a financial asset to Marseille by the end of today.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

Strange there have been no solid speculation about him with any clubs.

He's a high quality right sided attacking player, he would fit here like a glove. It would be amazing for us to make a swoop on the final day for a player who will be worthless as a financial asset to Marseille by the end of today.

The fact there's no rush for him suggests that he's possibly not quite as 'amazing' as you think. He's 28 (29 in June), been useless here already (albeit in a poor side when younger). Created trouble on two previous occasions to get a move and allegedly part of the disquiet at Marseille now. Yes, he's scored 6 goals in 20 games but even Slimani who everyone here slags off got 9 in 18 in a relegation threatened side. At nearly 29, arguably his last big contract, will he have the drive, ambition and caperbility to bust a gut and track back in the manner Rodgers demands? Just because he's free doesn't make him a bargain, better to pay and get a better option with longevity than import attitude and potentially a player whose head might go down after a handful of performances. 

I don't understand why we wouldn't do this deal. He's free, he's top quality with some premier league experience and he replaces Gray. Perfect deal if you ask me and he is also versatile playing on both wings and attacking midfield.

1 hour ago, Mash21 said:

I don't understand why we wouldn't do this deal. He's free, he's top quality with some premier league experience and he replaces Gray. Perfect deal if you ask me and he is also versatile playing on both wings and attacking midfield.

1. Top quality? There doesn't appear to be a queue of 'Top' clubs queuing up to buy him.

2. Free. No, not free, big wages. Better to pay a transfer fee than get a questionable nearly 29yr old.

3. Premiership experience. Yes, but he was utter garbage.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

1. Top quality? There doesn't appear to be a queue of 'Top' clubs queuing up to buy him.

2. Free. No, not free, big wages. Better to pay a transfer fee than get a questionable nearly 29yr old.

3. Premiership experience. Yes, but he was utter garbage.

You're not keen then?   

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

You're not keen then?   

😄 I don't quite get how he's suddenly gained almost superstar quality with some. After a poor spell with Newcastle he's had a very decent career in France and got a few caps for the national side. At nearly 29yrs there doesn't appear to have been much interest from bigger clubs in Europe though for some reason. The last two players of a similar age that came here, Slimani and Silva didn't exactly shine and I would suggest the former on paper had more going for him.  Being a winger, it might be a bit much at his age to suddenly adapt to our more physical and fast paced game and Rodgers system. Having said that I do agree with the poster who mentioned signing older players like Huth and Albrighton but I think their abilities in this country were a little more transparent. Just because he's on a free doesn't mean he'll be cheap either. Under, if deemed good enough, appears more likely to fit the mould. 

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

😄 I don't quite get how he's suddenly gained almost superstar quality with some. After a poor spell with Newcastle he's had a very decent career in France and got a few caps for the national side. At nearly 29yrs there doesn't appear to have been much interest from bigger clubs in Europe though for some reason. The last two players of a similar age that came here, Slimani and Silva didn't exactly shine and I would suggest the former on paper had more going for him.  Being a winger, it might be a bit much at his age to suddenly adapt to our more physical and fast paced game and Rodgers system. Having said that I do agree with the poster who mentioned signing older players like Huth and Albrighton but I think their abilities in this country were a little more transparent. Just because he's on a free doesn't mean he'll be cheap either. Under, if deemed good enough, appears more likely to fit the mould. 

I was being  :ph34r:. I agree with everything you say.  NO better than what we have.

• Like 1