Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Florian Thauvin

I can see this happening if Under goes back to Roma early for them to loan out elsewhere.

I do like the look of Under but it's looking increasingly like his time here isn't going to be so fruitful. Still, we're only half a season down and he's had to build Premier League sharpness and then contend with injury, so he could still come good when things get really busy and competitive when the Europa League starts back up again.

But if Under is going to go back to Roma this month (or even stay for the season but have very little chance of us making the deal permanent), Thauvin could be a great addition for the rest of the campaign.

• Like 1

€18 million being rumoured to buy now but a free agent at the end of the season, him or Ünder I’m guessing, can’t see us waiting to see if anyone else goes in for him when we know Roma want to use Ünder for another deal... 

Wasn't Gray touting himself to Marseille. Feels like there would be some way of coming to some sort of first dibs free transfer situation. Even if both spent the rest of the season on a paid loan at the respective clubs.

Why don't we just offer him a contract now and get him for free in June.

Keep under as is our right to the agreement no point spending more on a player that will be free in the summer.

If it was 2 or 3 million like otavo if spelt right I can understand but 18m is a joke and they will regret over pricing him in January 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Thauvin would be an excellent addition but not worth paying 18m euros when he could be free in the summer. He would improve the squad as think he is a better player than under, as much as I have enjoyed watching under play for us. 

Marseille were quoted 18m for milik and have just signed him on loan with a view to an 8m permanent in the summer, so I think they'll appreciate a bit of negotiation.

That said, I can't see it until the summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

€18 million being rumoured to buy now but a free agent at the end of the season, him or Ünder I’m guessing, can’t see us waiting to see if anyone else goes in for him when we know Roma want to use Ünder for another deal... 

They won't be getting anywhere near €18m for a player who leaves for free in a little over 5 months. 

He excels in a position that is our glaring weakest position and Under looks increasingly likely not to be that man. I'd love to get him in and if none of the elite clubs show an interest then we're as good as anyone to get him if we want him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Marseille were quoted 18m for milik and have just signed him on loan with a view to an 8m permanent in the summer, so I think they'll appreciate a bit of negotiation.

That said, I can't see it until the summer.

That can't be quite right.

Milik like Thauvin is OOC in the summer, the owning club have no right to demand a fee in the summer. It might have been a loan fee but €8m seems a lot especially for a club like Marseilles. 

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That can't be quite right.

Milik like Thauvin is OOC in the summer, the owning club have no right to demand a fee in the summer. It might have been a loan fee but €8m seems a lot especially for a club like Marseilles. 

I know I'm as confused as you but that's how they're reporting it. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I know that it has been mentioned before with other deals and probably is not feasible but... Could use Gray as part of the deal? 

We cant use Gray as part of any deal really. Gray can choose for himself where he wants to go and will probably sign a pre contract with a foreign team so he gets higher wages/sign on fee.