Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-3 LCFC - Post Match Thread

16 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Class told in the end, key was getting Tielemans and Maddison more into the game. And Brentford tired as well. 

Wondering whether Rodgers took off Under because he's thinking Barnes up front, with Maddison, Under and Albrighton supporting for the next match. 

Wouldn't mind seeing that

8 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Big Dan having a very friendly looking chat with Brentford's management after the match. Remember Fulham being linked with him a while ago but strange he's tight with their guys.

Anyway, we turned on second half. Brighton up next. Bit conflicted as I think our priorities have to lay elsewhere, save ourselves for the Premier & Europa and avoid burn out when the fixtures start to crunch in February. But it's a win, the squad played, no injuries and an away comeback win against an okish side. Fair play if we're assaulting all fronts, we've got a great squad, just hope we can keeping rolling with all these fixtures.

Maddison MotM. Youri, Under, Ricky :wub:, Soyuncu & Thomas all decent.

Big Dan probably spoke Danish with Frank........no big deal really. They know each of from the Danish league.

• Like 1

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Talk about an overreaction. You can't have started watching us until the Pearson days, and skipped past the Paulo Sousa era.

Agreed though, big step towards wembley

See my previous reply. I've sat through some right dross in the past. I was exaggerating somewhat for affect but I think some people are forgetting that we should have been at least 2 down to Brentford's youth team by half time 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, yes, onwards and upwards. Fingers crossed we'll be allowed inside the stadiums by Wembley. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Think some of on here need to remember the game is over 90 mins not 45 mins as some really sad comments on the match thread. Some players need game time some needed a rest think we ticked all boxes today and onto the next round we go with a winnable tie in the next round

]

A lot of fans on here are reactive, they just respond to what’s happening whether it’s good or bad and are easily swayed! Comments about players starting should be judged AFTER the match, and games themselves should be judged AFTER it’s over.

Sure, we’re allowed opinions on the game itself, but to call out players in the manner I’ve seen is quite surprising to say the least. Should’ve seen the vile comments about Maddison a few weeks back...

• Like 2

Just now, BigGibbo said:

See my previous reply. I've sat through some right dross in the past. I was exaggerating somewhat for affect but I think some people are forgetting that we should have been at least 2 down to Brentford's youth team by half time 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, yes, onwards and upwards. Fingers crossed we'll be allowed inside the stadiums by Wembley. 

Or perhaps 2 goals up by the time they score, you could look at it that way. We were a bit soft 1st half, but you could see the result coming once Brendan got into them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

If we are going to hammer certain players let’s at least try to be objective. Armarty was fundamentally better second half where lesser characters might have completely imploded. Rodgers didn’t hook him but probably gave him a pep talk and he improved. Whilst Mendy and Thomas were clearly not as good as their first team counterparts they are squad plays and they likewise improved second half.

We truly have some pathetic clowns on here that want to turn on the team or certain players for the slightest thing. We have a squad a bloody good squad and like all squads some players are better than others.

I only go for the players that aren't good enough and let us down when given the chance (Amartey, Gray, Iheanacho need moving on). Never said anything about Thomas as he's still learning and Mendy was fine bar being shite at defending corners but as a dwarf he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the 6 yard area anyway so that's on the management. 

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Good performance in the end. Only negative for me was keeping Tielemans and Maddison on the pitch for the full 90. Youri rarely gets a rest!

Can't remember if it was on here or if it was Rodgers but a while ago he said he prefers it because it keeps him in form. Having said that, it we were playing a team lower than the Championship he may not have started. 

I think Rodgers clearly sees how valuable he is to the side and how he makes us tick in the majority of games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Or perhaps 2 goals up by the time they score, you could look at it that way. We were a bit soft 1st half, but you could see the result coming once Brendan got into them. 

Yea, they were there for the taking all the way that much was obvious. We were just impotent until Brendan put a rocket up them and they went for it. 

• Like 1

Terrific second half. Tielemans and Maddison bossed the midfield and set up so many attacks with their skill and craft.

This team has so much quality in all areas, I believe we are serious contenders in all three competitions (though I’d happily take just one trophy!)

Our one Achilles heel is corners. At both ends, but especially defending them. Unless we fix this, it could cost us big time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, M0901 said:

A lot of fans on here are reactive, they just respond to what’s happening whether it’s good or bad and are easily swayed! Comments about players starting should be judged AFTER the match, and games themselves should be judged AFTER it’s over.

Sure, we’re allowed opinions on the game itself, but to call out players in the manner I’ve seen is quite surprising to say the least. Should’ve seen the vile comments about Maddison a few weeks back...

People are reacting on here how they would if they were allowed inside the stadiums. Admittedly anyone slating Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, etc is a dribbler, but calling out dog sh!t is a part of watching football. 🤷‍♂️

Professional second half. Pretty much controlled the game with Mads pulling the strings. Under put a marker down which is great to see. Lovely little back heel by Thomas near the end, pity Nacho couldn't get on the end of it. Is it me or is Nacho slow? I'm not having a pop and I'm not comparing him to Vardy. Just in general. He seems labored when trying to get up to speed. Everton on Wednesday which I feel is the more important game but it's a great sign that we can navigate these cup games professionally that in the past might have tripped us up.  

I must admit that I did n't like the team when announced , too many changes although I agreed with Under, Ward, Ricardo ,Soyuncu who all had pretty good games, Soyuncu particularly although his heading at one point was poor. Keep practicing but credit for improving so much. Defensive set up from which they got their goal was poor and happened again later. Mendy who generally had a good game is too short to be defending in the centre of the goal at corners which was obviouly worrying ,I think it was Amartey,before the corner came in, by luck or judgement  aimed at Mendy. Anyway that's where it landed . Mendy had he been 3 inches taller would probably have got an effective challenge in which probably would have prevented the goal. 

Definite improvement in the quality of Brendan's half time talk judged by what happened.

Barnes not quite as effective as usual especially first half but he made the 3rd goal, an assist plus. 

Perez confirmed my opinion he,s just about worthy of being a squad player, pressed slighty more effectively than usual, but  jogs to challenge, Vardy usually sprints. Its just the difference between a token challenge and an enraged wasp.

Iheanacho also pressed more than I've seen him do before but never seems to sprint as a result he always arrives too late to make more than a token challenge . He received a couple of good balls for a guy of his height , not chances , but balls he should have got his head on. needless to say he did n't. Only explanation is lack of effort.

Once BR further strengthens the squad IMO Perez and Iheanacho will be too low in standard to remain and might as well go now while they retain some value. They are never going to be good enough for where i think we are heading. Nothing relevant to their football but I've never seen either of them smile, Perez in particular looks a miserable so -and -so. Great result I think Brighton might be easier than Blackpool might have been.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't remember if it was on here or if it was Rodgers but a while ago he said he prefers it because it keeps him in form. Having said that, it we were playing a team lower than the Championship he may not have started. 

I think Rodgers clearly sees how valuable he is to the side and how he makes us tick in the majority of games. 

Yeah he said he's a rhythm player, and to be fair this season Tielemans has been outstanding and for me our player of the season. I suppose that at his age he can also play every game. But I care about the person behind the player too, and look at players like Rooney whose form dipped so badly due to having started off so early. The current Liverpool collapse is also IMO due to 3-4 years of playing a crazy pressing style taking it's toll.

Last season when people talked about Leicester potentially breaking the top 6/4 at the start of the season the only way I could have seen that happening was for Youri to have a blinder of a season. Crazily enough we almost got top 4 with being kind of average. This season he has become the player we thought we had when he first came here on loan and wow, just wow! He might even be good enough to win us the league, that's how well he is playing right now. That's why having him play in Cup games irks me a little.

But I can't fault Rodgers at all really! Brilliant coach and just enjoy these times as a Leicester fan! Watching us play is unreal, we are so slick at times.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Good performance in the end. Only negative for me was keeping Tielemans and Maddison on the pitch for the full 90. Youri rarely gets a rest!

Not too worried about Youri, ran that game at walking pace the last half hour

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

People are reacting on here how they would if they were allowed inside the stadiums. Admittedly anyone slating Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, etc is a dribbler, but calling out dog sh!t is a part of watching football. 🤷‍♂️

Not necessarily, it’s different when you’re typing something as you have time to evaluate what you’re saying, different to actually seeing it in the stadium