Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-3 LCFC - Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He definitely didn’t watch any games under Megson then lol

I was actually a season ticket holder for the championship relegation season and a couple either side of it. 😂 

It was mild hyperbole but the half was really f@cking bad. 

• Haha 1

We weren’t great first half but not nearly as bad as some were making out, gotta cut the team some slack especially as that entire back four have come in without playing too much football recently and probably not once all together in the same defence... as others have said you always felt that we’d come back into the game and go on to win it. The best thing about watching us at the moment is that we always look dangerous going forward and that hasn’t always been the case in the past. So many players in great form at the moment and we have to take advantage of that whilst it lasts. I also feel that Brendan is managing the rotation of players superbly, it’s a delicate balancing act between giving first team players a bit of a rest and ensuring squad players have minutes under their belt if and when called upon... 💙

Just now, Col city fan said:

He’s classy even off the field though mate isn’t he.

He’ll end up at Barcelona or summat, no doubt 

You could say the same for the likes of Soyunchu, Fofana, Ricardo & Castagne IMO mate.

Can't believe what talent we have in this squad atm. If we can keep hold of them all, I think we'll win something this season or next.

• Like 1

Big Dan having a very friendly looking chat with Brentford's management after the match. Remember Fulham being linked with him a while ago but strange he's tight with their guys.

Anyway, we turned on second half. Brighton up next. Bit conflicted as I think our priorities have to lay elsewhere, save ourselves for the Premier & Europa and avoid burn out when the fixtures start to crunch in February. But it's a win, the squad played, no injuries and an away comeback win against an okish side. Fair play if we're assaulting all fronts, we've got a great squad, just hope we can keeping rolling with all these fixtures.

Maddison MotM. Youri, Under, Ricky :wub:, Soyuncu & Thomas all decent.

Edited by Jaspa

Just now, Jaspa said:

Big Dan having a very friendly looking chat with Brentford's management after the match. Remember Fulham being linked with him a while ago but strange he's tight with their guys.

Anyway, we turned on second half. Brighton up next. Bit conflicted as I think our priorities have to lay elsewhere, save ourselves for the Premier & Europa and avoid burn out when the fixtures start to crunch in February. But it's a win, the squad played, no injuries and a away comeback win against an okish side. Fair play if we're assaulting all fronts, we've got a great squad, just hope we can keeping rolling with all these fixtures.

Maddison MotM. Youri, Under, Soyuncu & Thomas all decent.

Probably knows them from his time in Denmark??

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Anyway, we turned on second half. Brighton up next. Bit conflicted as I think our priorities have to lay elsewhere, save ourselves for the Premier & Europa and avoid burn out when the fixtures start to crunch in February. But it's a win, the squad played, no injuries and a away comeback win against an okish side. Fair play if we're assaulting all fronts, we've got a great squad, just hope we can keeping rolling with all these fixtures.

Maddison MotM. Youri, Under, Soyuncu & Thomas all decent.

Brighton have far bigger reasons than us to field a weakened side.

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Big Dan having a very friendly looking chat with Brentford's management after the match

I was thinking there was some kind of Danish link there given Frank's nationality and Amartey being at Copenhagen before. 

There's no strolling football in the FA Cup - irrespective of the level of opposition, these sides are so stoked and up for it against the bigger sides - particularly Brentford, an ambitious club, optimistic on and off the field and pushing for promotion. Credit to them.

Lucky to go in at half time only a goal down given the leisurely football we were playing. By then it was obvious that we needed to up the intensity to PL level instead of viewing this a training session or for some, a day off. Props to our key players who orchestrated this. Ünder looked good throughout and deserved the goal that stamped the intent on the second half. An exquisite ball for Maddison's goal. Our potency on the left increased as Thomas found his feet and combined superbly with Barnes, whilst the combination of Ricardo/Castagne on the right with Cengiz looks really promising. A nice quandary to have - because we are in possession of some very talented full backs right now, all of them fit and right now, JJ is one of the first on the teamsheet for me. Conversely, up top, in the absence of JV we have a dearth of talent. I think although not his natural position, Barnes could fill it in the short term, Perez, to a lesser extent - but what message does that send to Iheanacho? As far as I'm concerned he's had his chances. It's always difficult coming in from the sidelines if you aren't starting. Let's see what he does this week against Everton because I'm sure he'll start. After all, even Musa managed to score at Goodison. 

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think both Maddison and Tielemans just upped a gear straight after half time. 
They are both superb footballers and Brentford hadn’t a clue how to manage them 

rodgers got stuck into them at half time and they turned up the gears

credit is due

Edited by twister

16 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Worst first half of football I've ever seen. One of the better second halves this season. Classic Leicester. 

Still stand by Amartey needing to be moved on with Iheanacho and Gray.

Onwards to Wembley. :scarf:

Talk about an overreaction. You can't have started watching us until the Pearson days, and skipped past the Paulo Sousa era.

Agreed though, big step towards wembley

• Haha 1