Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Striker

Why haven't we signed a replacement striker by now. An established team like us.

I'm frustrated on two fronts

1) Why has it taken so long to get a replacement given vardy's age and with 2 years contract left. Nacho's contract is up next summer and I think it highly unlikely that he'll remain here.

2)  What do people think about how long we take and how much it might cost for a main striker and back up striker? I say backup as nacho will be off next summer. I know people on here are referencing another DM, another defender, a right winger which will cost say the same as under whether he fails or not. 

We have had a lot off of the books lately and will have more this summer and next. Then there's covid added in for good measure.

Thoughts on a postcard 

I've said this several times. Our fans will expect nothing less than a world class striker to come in for Vardy when he retired. But until then, you won't find a too striker who will be willing to come in and sit in the bench for the next 18 months or so. 

We won't bring in another top striker until it's clear that Vardy won't be playing as much

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Why haven't we signed a replacement striker by now. An established team like us.

I'm frustrated on two fronts

1) Why has it taken so long to get a replacement given vardy's age and with 2 years contract left. Nacho's contract is up next summer and I think it highly unlikely that he'll remain here.

2)  What do people think about how long we take and how much it might cost for a main striker and back up striker? I say backup as nacho will be off next summer. I know people on here are referencing another DM, another defender, a right winger which will cost say the same as under whether he fails or not. 

We have had a lot off of the books lately and will have more this summer and next. Then there's covid added in for good measure.

Thoughts on a postcard 

Well that ain’t happening, like ever.  lol

• Haha 1

We are not gonna find a good striker and ask him to be a backup.

We are looking for someone to replace Vardy, so that’s scoring 15+ league goals a season, and that type of player won’t sit on a bench until Vardy retires.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

I've said this several times. Our fans will expect nothing less than a world class striker to come in for Vardy when he retired. But until then, you won't find a too striker who will be willing to come in and sit in the bench for the next 18 months or so. 

We won't bring in another top striker until it's clear that Vardy won't be playing as much

We just need “a” striker, nevermind a world-class one. 

• Like 1

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

Amazes me how obvious it is that this is the case but people seem to think we can just go and get someone like Wilson or Ings to sit on our bench and get maybe 10 games a season until Vardy finally goes off a cliff

Just need to look at the issues Spurs have had trying to find a backup to Kane, only now does that Vinicius actually look alright as a backup

• Like 1

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

But Vardy isnt playing. My anger is that away at leeds vards both stretched them and made winning comfortable. Are you saying it's acceptable to for us who are a big club now who also get ridiculed all over punditry that we cant win without vardy. Theres obviously a problem that needs dealing with and I'm concerned as a city fan.

• Like 2

Too late now. Any signing this window would represent a panic buy and the selling team would have us by the bollards Dawn. It's a shame because we need someone and it would give us a lift, but I don't think anyone saw Kele and Ayoze being quite this useless when called upon.

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Even Wolves got a Brazilian striker on loan till the end of the season and would have scored 2 if it wasn't for the heroic s of the Palace keeper yesterday

So this wonderful Brazilian striker didn’t score, or does nearly count now?   

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Even Wolves got a Brazilian striker on loan till the end of the season and would have scored 2 if it wasn't for the heroic s of the Palace keeper yesterday

Completely different situation. He knows he'll probably be the main man. We can't offer that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Who knew that he would be able to come in and start pretty much every game because Jimenez is out for pretty much the rest of the season

What striker is going to want to come here when they know they will start probably 2 games and then Vardy is back

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

You can get players in who understand their role and make an impact/can fill in when required. Cavani at Manchester United for example whom everyone was laughing at when it happened. Now it looks inspired. 

Who is Cavani behind? Seems to be starting most games