Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

He was an effective stopper but after that his game was very limited today. Usually passed responsibility back to Evans or Soyuncu to do the more risky passes when as a central midfielder you’d expect him to be better at taking the responsibility himself. I thought it put more pressure on Tielemans and Wolves were able to manage our midfield better knowing that realistically only Tielemans was a threat. I prefer Mendy as back up because he offers more help going forward than Choudhury.  I assume Hamza playing again was a bit of man management by BR to reintegrate him after he was on his way in transfer deadline day. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Could have said the same about Ndidi a few seasons ago when his passing was pretty average.

Hamza is still young and will improve on the ball :thumbup:

"Pretty average" would be putting it kindly. lol

Whatever Brendan did to Ndidi's passing should be bottled and sold.

Anyway, thought Hamza put in a decent shift today.

Between him and JJ, they kept Traore mostly quiet in the final quarter.

• Like 1

No one was on their top form today and he perform as well as anyone as for his passing maybe he’s been instructed to keep it simple and safe and leave it to the more establish players to do the positive stuff.

A pretty dour team performance.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thought he passed the ball fine today. 

He did his job in the side. No problem for me. 

He passed the ball fine because 99% of his passes were safe passes back to Evans or Soyuncu. There weren’t any positive passes that could’ve helped unlock a 5 man defence. 

• Like 2

Just now, funkyrobot said:

He passed the ball fine because 99% of his passes were safe passes back to Evans or Soyuncu. There weren’t any positive passes that could’ve helped unlock a 5 man defence. 

So what? It's not his role to unlock a 5-man defence lol lol

Such a weird stick to beat him with. 

If he gave the ball away a lot with his safe passes I'd be worried. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

There weren’t any positive passes that could’ve helped unlock a 5 man defence. 

I doubt think that’s his prime role that’s up to James and Youri and they didn’t do it that well today.

• Like 1

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Better that than to lose the ball trying to force something that he's not technically equipped for.

Every player has a primary role on the team/field, and best to keep the ball for others to create. 

• Like 1

Positionally great today, gets so much unwarranted abuse for being a headless chicken who runs around chasing the ball but he was very good at being in the right place to cut out their attacks. I think a lot of people get their opinions on him based off of what they see on here rather than watching actual matches, the myth of him having low footballing iq and only working in low blocks needs to stop.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shane said:

Could have said the same about Ndidi a few seasons ago when his passing was pretty average.

Hamza is still young and will improve on the ball :thumbup:

He's 23, Wilf 24.  This is his game.  I commend his service at the Club, but we should be honest about his limitations.

• Like 1

I really don’t rate him but bar a few mistakes and constantly passing backwards he was ok, nothing  more nothing less . If we really want to challenge and stay in the top 4 we need players that can come in and be more than ok . That’s the difference between us and the big clubs , I know we can’t afford to to have superstars on the bench but we need better options. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So what? It's not his role to unlock a 5-man defence lol lol

Such a weird stick to beat him with. 

If he gave the ball away a lot with his safe passes I'd be worried. 

If an Nuno doesn't have to glance at Hamza, he can focus on locking down Youri and Maddison, which he did today. 

If Hamza cannot offer anything forward, perhaps he should switch to the back?

He did okay, negative on the ball and positionally all over the shop but made a couple of good tackles towards the end. He's not good enough long term and I think this will be his last season with us as even a back-up. I'm still not sure what kind of CM he is, I guess box-to-box but he's not good enough at either end of the pitch.

Justin man of the match for doing an excellent job on Traore. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hamza has done perfectly fine today and on Wednesday against Fulham. As a back up player. 

Like I said, done his job. 

Hes done fine by mediocre standards. He by no means let us down today but he isn't top half material. With players like that we will finish about 10th which is fine if that's where we want to target. 

• Like 2

He played ok today did what he does well, however as I said in the match thread he was boring and plays like a crab 

sideways and backwards.

Just because I said he was boring doesn’t mean I don’t like him, and in response to one fool on this site, it is nothing to do with him being home grown.

I just think he lacks something that Ndidi and  to a lower extent Mendy brings to the team.

Edited by Lesterlad
Error
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Some people on here are talking like mendy and wilf are consistently breaking the lines with their passes lol

Comparably, they are. By key passes, progressive passes, dribbles those two (though far behind our attacking players) are over the horizon from Hamza.