Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

Before tonight's game, I would have rather Choudhury started than Mendy.  I my opinion hasn't changed.

He did a lot well tonight.  When he lunged fro the centre circle to the defensive D , it was a bit worrying though.  Perhaps his legs had gone as he was a long way from both ball and player.

He started confidently.  I am wondering if there is a stamina issue.

• Thanks 2

Mendy is a calmer player. Choudhury can have a bit of rush of blood to the head and mistimes tackles (did it a bit today).

I'm willing to put much of what Choudhury did today down to rustiness, but having said that he did position himself well slightly inside of Justin to cover and get tackles in. 

I'd still rather have Mendy, in all honesty. Not a slant on Choudhury. I just think Mendy is a better player. If we want to be aggressive and physical (which isn't our usual style) then Choudhury plays all day.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Mendy is also a "headless chicken" type of player. His positioning sometimes is awful. Often doesn't get on the right side of the player. Also what really annoys me about Mendy is that he always passes either sideways or back even when he really doesn't have to. It's very frustrating when he breaks up our forward play. 

You say that but actually of our 3 defensive mids (Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza) Mendy is the most progressive passer of the 3

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Mendy is also a "headless chicken" type of player. His positioning sometimes is awful. Often doesn't get on the right side of the player. Also what really annoys me about Mendy is that he always passes either sideways or back even when he really doesn't have to. It's very frustrating when he breaks up our forward play. 

Totally agree re his passing. He's painfully lateral. Wilf always looks forward now. But Mendy 9/10 will always shuffle it sideways. 

He was not fully match fit, made some sloppy passes in the second and was rightfully subbed.

My worry is that players will target him because of his reputation and refs may assume the worst.

He proved his more than capable tonight. We looked better with him in the team.

Just now, moore_94 said:

You say that but actually of our 3 defensive mids (Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza) he is the most progressive passer of the 3

What? Just what? Mendy is a more progressive passer than Ndidi? I suppose Pérez is a better striker than Vardy? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Smart move from BR to include Hamza from the start imo. There are some big, powerful midfielders in the Fulham squad - the likes of RLC and Anguissa are big ****ers and can play a bit as well. Mendy might well have struggled with that but thought Hamza handled his role well and gave a good account of himself and battled well for us.

The nature of the opposition was relevant to the decision......anguissa was v good at our place 

I thought he was, as is usually the case, a liability. His positioning is just insanely bad. The reverse Ndidi. Never where you want him to be. He strolls everywhere and is immediately behind play the moment the opposition get the ball. Want him to succssd but he's not too half prem quality.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hejammy said:

He's just a very safe player and I've come to expect nothing more or nothing less, and I don't mind that. People who expect him to run with the ball more or make a run in behind to get up the pitch are just setting themselves up for disappointment. His job is quite simply to try and win the ball back, and when he gets it, lay it off or give it to another player and let them do the creative riskier stuff. 

And I don't mind that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The nature of the opposition was relevant to the decision......anguissa was v good at our place 

I agree - in the reverse fixture we got overrun in midfield and Lookman, Cavaleiro and Decordova-Reid were running riot in behind the wing backs. It wasn't pretty. We were much better set up tonight to stop a similar game pattern and their key players I thought. Credit BR and co.

Edited by LCCFox96