Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

29 minutes ago, martyn said:

Was decent today, but nothing more. But that was probably good enough to be about our best player on the day alongside Justin. Did very well to help snuff out Traore in the 2nd half.

You could tell he was absolutely committed to not making mistakes, and that resulted in him being a bit too safe and slow with his distribution at times. There were a couple of times he could set up a counter but took 3 or 4 touches before releasing it. But that's be my only complaint with him today.

Spot on, did nothing wrong, just seemed scared to carry the ball or play it first time. Just seems to be lacking confidence ever since Klopp and Bruce publicly had a go at him for the challenges on Salah and Ritchie 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And guess what, he's done that job amicably. 

amicably - in a friendly and peaceable manner.

I think you're in search of:

admirably - in a way that arouses or deserves respect and approval.

Though, if you are commenting on his lack of red cards, then I apologize, he's been quite amicable!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d love a squad where we had Wilf and an equally good understudy, but that’s a very big ask.

I think Hamza was superb in the tackle today and positionally he did a great job covering JJ as Traore grew into the game early in the 2nd half.

Starting to look like a very safe pair of hands and a player who can provide a balance to our more creative players.

Our problem today was more the lack of penetration off the right wing. 

Really pleased with Hamza though - very solid performance and I think Rodgers can develop his forward passing and encourage him to drive forward.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Collymore said:

Awful when he gets plenty of the ball and plays really boring negative passes. 

Awesome when he's let loose on their key players. 

He does the same things as Mendy in that role Collymore. Clearly that's what Rodgers has asked him to do. Both can't hold a candle to Wilf. 

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

I’ve criticised him a lot this year and don’t think he’s good enough, however I thought he was really good today and one of our best players. Really protected the back 4 and his passing was better. Couple of silly errors but when your not playing regularly they will happen. Hopefully he kicks on and gains some more confidence from that performance. 

• Like 2

I don't get this dichotomy (polychotomy) that permeates this forum at times and probably sport overall, so my fault I expect. Hamza isn't Ndidi, isn't Mendy. We compare them all but really each has their skills and strengths and weaknesses. Ndidi is the best overall I think it's fair to say, though his passing and shooting isn't as great as it could/should be for him to be in the ultra elite. Mendy recycles the ball well and though not the physically strongest, does that well and has been a bonus. But he works hard. Hamza is physical. Could inprove his passing and workrate but for me, if he is on his game, adds that physical dimension well. They all don our shirt and if picked, I'll support them as objectively as possible. No shit Sherlock, I expect. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Defensively he done well today especially second Half. However he offers nothing going forward and that's what effected us most today. He never played one forward pass in the game.

It's as if he's afraid to play a forward pass thru fear.

We really missed Wilf  pace and that's the challenge to find someone with pace and can pass forward.

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

Lad did well. Pleased we kept him ahead of signing a second rate championship midfielder.

But less pleased he kept out a player who has performed so well when called upon in that position this season. Mendy just offers so much more and moves the ball forward. 

Hamza played well enough today so I can't criticise him; I just feel like we missed what Mendy could have offered instead. As soon as I saw him starting over Mendy, I knew we weren't winning that game. 

Edited by ousefox

30 minutes ago, ousefox said:

But less pleased he kept out a player who has performed so well when called upon in that position this season. Mendy just offers so much more and moves the ball forward. 

Hamza played well enough today so I can't criticise him; I just feel like we missed what Mendy could have offered instead. As soon as I saw him starting over Mendy, I knew we weren't winning that game. 

Did you think the same on Wednesday then as well? 

Very basic way of thinking to believe that one player means we won't win a game :dunno:

1 hour ago, ousefox said:

if he had come in and played like a lemon, I’d agree with you, but he didn’t. It’s quite the luxury having two players able to come in and do well... We’ll have the same problem with our full backs when Castagne is back and fully fit but that’s a good problem to have not a bad one.

Mendy is no mug but I think Rodgers probably was wary of the threat the wolves midfield can potentially make so wanted a bit more steel in the middle..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Did okay but for me he's some way behind Mendy.

It is difficult with Mendy, because he is a really clever little player and he gives it everything, but he can get physically overpowered. When we lose Wilf the difference in physicality when replaced by Mendy is huge.

Hamza is probably better defensively, but Mendy is far better on the ball and does a great job moving the ball quickly.

If Hamza can add drive and forward passing to his game I think we’ll have a real player on our hands.

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Defensively he done well today especially second Half. However he offers nothing going forward and that's what effected us most today. He never played one forward pass in the game.

It's as if he's afraid to play a forward pass thru fear.

We really missed Wilf  pace and that's the challenge to find someone with pace and can pass forward.

There’s not a lot more he could of done, Wolves low block made us play sideways.

If Rodgers had played Under then things might have been different as we would then have 2 wingers who can breakdown the Wolves defence.

In the circumstances he played very well.

Hamza has grown on me over the last year but he’s either been told to not be too expansive with his passing or moving forward or he’s not got the confidence to do it.

Tackling and tracking runners is his strength and I enjoy watching this side of his game but as a youngish lad I want him to be pushing Wilf for a start, or at least making more appearances and if he can’t make it here then look to try and be more of a first teamer elsewhere.