Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

Mendy is the better technical player and he'll play the ball further forwards.

But our team lacks height, physicality and athleticism in midfield. Hamza offers all three. As long as he times his tackles well it's all good.

• Like 3

Thought he had a good game, excellent tackle  on adama at the end. Think he has adapted his game as before he was a walking red card. Think he should get a bit of credit, not a starter but definitely a decent squad player. Again with some of our players the stick he gets on here is incredible.

• Like 1

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

So mediocre, he fine in a mediocre mid table team. Just not good enough if aiming top 6. He's not a bad ball winner but his passing and touch are atrocious. Everytime in forward position, he dithering or passes back. People blinkered because from the academy. Mendy 10 times the player.  

He played good today you can say that. Doesn’t mean he’s the solution long term..

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

So mediocre, he fine in a mediocre mid table team. Just not good enough if aiming top 6. He's not a bad ball winner but his passing and touch are atrocious. Everytime in forward position, he dithering or passes back. People blinkered because from the academy. Mendy 10 times the player.  

I dont Mendy is “10 times the player” but I do agree with the rest.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thought he passed the ball fine today. 

He did his job in the side. No problem for me. 

Sideways and backwards yes, I didn't see him make a decent forward pass. So many times he got it on the edge of the box and went backwards. He wasn't bad he's just not good enough. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Sideways and backwards yes, I didn't see him make a decent forward pass. So many times he got it on the edge of the box and went backwards. He wasn't bad he's just not good enough. 

No one else would have done better. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

But wilf is the top 6 defensive midfielder. Any other we will have won’t be as. Both aren’t bad but just not wilf.

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

He's not a bad ball winner but his passing and touch are atrocious. 

Could have said the same about Ndidi a few seasons ago when his passing was pretty average.

Hamza is still young and will improve on the ball :thumbup:

• Like 1

His job is to protect the back 4 and it’s very hard to forward pass when the oppo park the bus.

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

He released Barnes down the left wing twice in the 1st half with great forward passes, was MOTM for me today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

No one else would have done better. 

Thats a problem we have. No one good enough. If we claim to be a top 10 side we need better backup. I feel Mendy is better all round.

2 minutes ago, teblin said:

But wilf is the top 6 defensive midfielder. Any other we will have won’t be as. Both aren’t bad but just not wilf.

Mendy and Hamza mixed together might make a reasonable player.