Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Choudhury

Guest bss9401

Welcome back Hamza. He was a star last night has had a good recent revival. 

I am super keen to see him develop and succeed with us and I believe that he could if he keeps his head down and retains focus during games.

I would have been gutted if he had returned to form in a black and white shirt.

Hamza is a bit limited, but my god is he good at his strengths. Like someone said that game was made for him last night to come on, provide plenty of energy and dish out a few retribution’s. 

Also agree he’s better a bit further forward than Ndidi’s role - he’s nothing like Praet at all, but if you can get him using his energy higher up the pitch then he can be effective as last night showed.

31 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Hamza is a bit limited, but my god is he good at his strengths. Like someone said that game was made for him last night to come on, provide plenty of energy and dish out a few retribution’s. 

Also agree he’s better a bit further forward than Ndidi’s role - he’s nothing like Praet at all, but if you can get him using his energy higher up the pitch then he can be effective as last night showed.

calmed everyone day late on and i like him as he is old school in a modern game no wonder vards loves him

Hamza has looked good since the transfer deadline.

Ok, he's not going to be an important peice in the jigsaw when it comes to playing Rodgers style of passing football, but he's proved his value when it comes to games like that last night when you need a bit of steel and combativeness in the midfield. 

33 minutes ago, Claridge said:

i must be missing something? moronic tackle in Europe, could of got himself sent off. Complete liability and no where near good enough at anything really,for a prem player

I think you are. The ref was allowing a high degree of physicality that most other officials would not have permitted, given what he was deeming acceptable Hamza was exactly what we needed because we were basically being kicked off the park in the 2nd half. If you think that tackle made him a liability, I'll direct your attention to the rugby tackle on Maddison that didn't get punished, the only other time I've seen something like that on a football field was when our future prime minister got rolled out for a 5 minute cameo in soccer aid! 

• Like 1

I still remain convinced that Hamza needs to decide what sort of midfielder he wants to be. I reckon he's got more than just someone who runs about and sticks hard tackles in.

If he had more confidence to drive forward and carry the ball I think he's got the potential to develop into a box to box midfielder. If he continues as someone who sits in front of the back four putting crunching tackles in I don't reckon he'll ever be more than average. 

I hope he stays and develops and we're not left wondering in the same way we were with Demarai Gray. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Agree with this.  His forward-going potential is better than he is often given credit for.  He's gone through a period where he's been given little opportunity with pitch-time, but has come back with a bang and shown his value as a member of the squad.  I hope he is trusted a bit more in the remaining matches as there are areas where Rodgers might still improve him and he could become an even more valuable asset.

Did well when he came on but I guess I’d expect my midfield of Maddison Tielemans Ndidi to take control of the game and really dominate the ball. Shouldn’t be relying on hamza to come on and run around and dive into a few challenges to get a foothold in the game 

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

The way he tackles and gets stuck in and his engine to get at players... If Brendan doesn't coach Hamza into a pseudo Steven Gerrard B2B midfielder then I really don't know what his role would be. 

I want to believe that's what BR has planned for him to be. He definitely has the potential to be one. Not sure he'll reach Gerard's level though.

2 hours ago, nwl fox said:

I think you are. The ref was allowing a high degree of physicality that most other officials would not have permitted, given what he was deeming acceptable Hamza was exactly what we needed because we were basically being kicked off the park in the 2nd half. If you think that tackle made him a liability, I'll direct your attention to the rugby tackle on Maddison that didn't get punished, the only other time I've seen something like that on a football field was when our future prime minister got rolled out for a 5 minute cameo in soccer aid! 

Exactly, a ref who didnt seem to know what he was doing,means any player with half a brain doesnt fly into a tackle in a non threatening area. Can not see any future at the club for himif we are to really establish ourselves as a top 6 club, i wouldnt of thought Rodgers does either if the Newcastle rumours are anything to go by