Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Just now, David Hankey said:

I wondered how long it would be before Klopp started moaning. Apparently, he's frustrated by Foxes "offside equaliser". How often are opposing Clubs at Anfield just as frustrated by their antics?

They had a lot go their way the last couple of seasons, funny how when such close decisions start going against them, they can’t handle it. Besides they got away with the Peno so that went for them lol 

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Thankfully we were sharp at the back and while Liverpool had a lot of the ball... you could argue we actually had the better chances first half. Once we realised they are turd at the back though we were far more positive and torn them a new one 

Why did it take us so long to realise when it's been clear in their last few games? 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Exactly. If thats a stonewall penalty then the games gone non contact and we should of had 45. 

To be fair it looked like Salah had his foot kicked and if that had been any of our players I would have wanted the pen. The fact he's gone down like he's been shot is why I don't think it was given.

• Like 1

Ok... How did that happen today???  Is it just me or does anyone else feel as though we always have at least 2 players every match who performs poorly, so we are getting results with just 9 men? Some games it is more than 2.  The back four were immense ( again ) today, but why do they continue to give fans a heart attack EVERY time we try to play out of defence?  Is it only me who thinks that Madison and Tielemans give the ball away far too often ( L'pool 1st goal - Tielemans ) ?  neither puts in a decent corner either..... and yet we keep getting the results!  How can we beat Liverpool after being 1-0 down and I still feel as though we have so much more to offer.  We rae on a good run of RESULTS, but not on a good run of FORM, in my opinion.   Hey, 2nd in the league.... Amaze-balls! :-) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

To be fair it looked like Salah had his foot kicked and if that had been any of our players I would have wanted the pen. The fact he's gone down like he's been shot is why I don't think it was given.

Did he? If there was even contact its like the slightest brushing of a toe with a toe. Needs booking for that.

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

Thought we were bobbins for the most part but this is a massive win!

Was a classic nightmare how off we were but turned into a wet dream at the end!

considering they had a week off hardly a surprise

would of taken a flukey draw a win is great

• Like 1

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

He dived last week against man City and 'won' a penalty after his arm was touched in that match.

5 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Yes he was really looking for it and had he gone down with forward momentum i think he'd get the pen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Their press was so effective because so much of our possession was on the touchlines.  We were defending deep and wide to stifle Mane and Salah, instead of pressing high.  So over and over, we regained possession in our own half near the touchlines -- the ideal place to apply a counterpress, no?  It seemed we simply didn’t contest central midfield until they tired.

Edited by turtmcfly
Idiot

Amazing result. Game for the majority seemed to be going the same way as the last few scouse encounters with us having no answer to Liverpools ferocious press. There was a moment in the second half that Evan's was closed down in the time it took for him to raise his head to look for a pass! Clearly our tactic of passing it round the back needs to be abandoned against them as unlike against other teams it leads to constant danger. Fantastic finish to the game though. A huge 3 points for us and an even bigger blow mentally for Liverpool.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I don't think it was ever a penalty. The view from the corner flag showed it was more Salah's foot to Ricardo's rather than the other way around, And the ref was in a great position to see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I just went back & read a few comments around the 45 page mark of the game day thread. Makes for hilarious reading !

The section where Perez comes on is the funniest. Apparently Rodgers doesn't have a clue. 

We drew to wolves, lost just one in 10 and people were saying we would struggle for top 4. This is FT afterall 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

As for ‘sloppiest all season’, I can’t think of a game where we struggled more to get out of our defensive third from giving the ball away. Can you name one? 

You are defining your own terms of this exchange by solely attributing 'sloppiness' to being confined to our defensive third.  That's as much Liverpool's press though in addition to Brendan's strategy of sitting in and waiting for the counter. Much like the away game to Arsenal, he knew that our time would come and space would open up as Liverpool's intense styles of football forced errors. Risky, but it worked. A high press today would have been suicidal without the pace of Fofana and Justin and with Ricardo on his wrong side. Sloppiness does not simply equate to being pinned back in our own half or Liverpool's excellence at winning the ball back. Sloppiness manifests itself all over the park. Our front three were always going to ask questions on the counter and get in behind - which they did. Against the run of play, Vardy was unlucky not to have bagged two or three in the first half. He looked as sharp as he's been since last year. Yes, we were forced back into our defensive third for much of the game, perhaps as you say more than any other encounter this season, but that doesn't mean that it was out sloppiest performance. West Ham or Fulham at home were far, far worse. 

• Like 3