Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Coalman said:

We WERE poor today!  Goodness how many times we gave away possession.  How many passes were awful, even Tielemans pass gave the ball away to give L'pool their 1st goal.  Madisons free kick was poor , but slipped in, then we had a keeper mistake.... we did play badly, notwithstanding that, the back 4 were immense, they had to be!  Why do we act like world beaters and try to pass the ball out from the back??  Is it Heart-attack season?!  

I thought at 37 minutes (having sorted out my BT sport feed after 35 minutes ) we were playing better than I'd seen us for 4/5 matches. Thieleman's "pass "had little  to do with Liverpool's goal . Technically its true (I'll take your word it was Tielemans). Liverpool's goal to me was due to Fimino and Salah's technical skills and vision in Firmino's  case with his back to goal. I was n't too worried as we passed the ball out as usually we cleared it eventually before L'pool had time to endanger our goal. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

I didn't mean in terms only of Barnes but how English players are criticised much less.

It's typical twitter bullshit but there is some truth in it. 

Ah, yeah that's definitely true. No argument there. 

I was ranting the other day about Grealish. It's ****ing shameful how much the press celebrate the fact he's the "most fouled" player in the league like it proves he'd technically brilliant. He just dives every time anyone's near him and gets away with it without being crucified because he's English. 

• Like 3

"15 v 11 again.

What's even the point. I'd love it if Klopp just said it like it was and pulled them team off, said "**** your league" and then instigated going to a European Super-League.

I was always against it, but it's clear Liverpool have to leave the Premier League."

:crylaugh:

• Haha 1

Feel a bit sorry for Klopp right now - his mother passed away this week and he could not attend her funeral. He’s grieving.

Am sure the Liverpool players were fired up to try to get him a result - seems like it, they outplayed us for long periods - but so pleased we finally got one over Liverpool. They’ll talk about the VAR drama and Allison mistake of course, but we showed a brilliant reaction to going behind and that should be credited more than it has been in the media.

• Like 3

Massive result for us. No doubt Liverpool were in control for most of the game until the final 15mins when they totally collapsed and we punished it ruthlessly. They almost conceded 4 in 7mins but for an outstanding double save from Alisson.

Before then we defended pretty well under a lot of a pressure and had to work extremely hard to get a foothold in the game as Liverpool hassled us and closed the space down really well in the first 35mins or so. We had enough chances before the free kick to score at least 1 too. Well worth the win and a huge shot in the arm for the Top 4 race. Ndidi was magnificent today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peterorange said:

This. One team affects how the other team plays. They have quality players who dont give you a moment on the ball. They were not league champions last year by accident. But we dug in and rode the storm and actually gave them very little, and had the better chances. It took one moment of genius to actually get a goal against us. Just because we weren't pinging it around like Brazil doesn't mean we played badly. It is just a different way of playing. 

BR knows we can’t toe to toe with Liverpool in some sort of Rocky slugfest. He had a clear game plan and it was to be expected that we would be in defensive mode for the first 60-70 minutes. Liverpool would expected exactly this type of game. 

Obviously BR would hope we would nick a goal or two. For the last 20 he would put two up top and give it a good go with a tiring team and make no mistake, Liverpool’s unbelievable work rate would take its toll. Indeed, last 10 minutes Liverpool never show any real pace and barely threatened.

We made mistakes for sure, wayward passes, but to a man the lads worked their socks off. Obviously Ndidi was monster and Barnes came good in the second half. A fabulous win against a team who probably consider themselves in the top three in the world. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's still bringing up the "not a natural finisher" crap about Vardy from a few years ago.

I'm sure plenty of "natural finishers" would kill for his record.

Owen couldn't shine Vardy's boots.

So many boxes ticked today. 

We showed great resilience and mental strength. 

Our record against the top sides is excellent. Rodgers deserves credit for changing the tactics as we were getting bullied in central midfield but moving to a diamond meant we had more bodies in the middle of the park. 

Vardy's goal will give his confidence a huge boost, you could tell in his body language he was so much more like his aggressive self. 

We seem to get stronger the longer the game goes on, which shows the strong fitness levels of the team.  

59 minutes ago, browniefox said:

If that was Vardy and he got a red you'd be livid, it wasn't even a foul, he got to the ball at the same time as Dan. 

Looked like Mane lunged on the edge of our box and caught Dan’s ankle, but camera angles make it impossible to be certain 

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Definitely not up to the speed of the Premier League, he was robbed a number of times by Ndidi and others. 

Been a big disappointment for Liverpool, I’m sure they would have expected a lot more... he does seem positive though with always giving the thumbs up to everything...