Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The software they use is calibrated to make sure that the lines drawn are all at ninety degrees to the touch line 

This might be true. However, does it look like it to you?  Because of the images angle, it’s difficult to tell much either way. It still requires too much interpretation in my opinion. Still, it is what it is and we won, so fuch it. 

Incidentally the Liverpool forums are an utter joy. Serious meltdowns going on. One guy was even suggesting Klopp was two more losses away from the sack - wasn’t sure if he was serious. My life 🤣

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

What a turn around I've gone from wanting to slit my wrists to shouting joyously at the telly.

I take back all my negativity from the match day thread. 

The weekend has been saved!

My Toaster is totally confused...kitchen-bathroom-kitchen-bathroom, & like Under..Not thrown in once..!!

3 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

I see many of the usual cynics being strangely harsh on Amartey today lol

There are a few who are visibly disappointed we turned it around because they were really looking forward to having a go at Rodgers for being an arrogant negative bottler, and then they had that chance snatched away. Next best thing is to bang on about how lucky we were and pick on Amartey I suppose

• Like 4

Just now, Guest said:

There are a few who are visibly disappointed we turned it around because they were really looking forward to having a go at Rodgers for being an arrogant negative bottler, and then they had that chance snatched away. Next best thing is to bang on about how lucky we were and pick on Amartey I suppose

Yep unfortunately like Pearson there are those that seem to have an agenda against Rodgers despite the teams success... it is weird 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blarmy said:

I really think people are going overboard about how badly we played. It’s Liverpool and they were going for it - but we contained them nicely and they didn’t create much. We hit the bar before scoring a perfectly good equalizer and then they fell apart.  That’s how I saw it.

We looked a bit lethargic and kept giving the ball away but that’s because they were pressing so hard.  They are the champions - we were never going to be able to play our way for the whole match.

Felt the same way too - we had a lot of decent chances first half, and we should know more than anyone that you don't need lots of possession to be dangerous. 

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

Most impressive thing today for me was our response after going 1 nil down, this time last year we probably would of crumbled horribly

Absolutely, which is why I feel we aren’t going to crumble like last season... we cope well when things seemingly go against us and have the belief we can still get something 

22 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Think there needs to be a change to the offside rule. Perhaps only off if there is clear daylight between the last defender and attacker.

It should be the Feet that determines if someone is off or onside. As you can only pivot so far around your feet without falling over. In this way the Var lines would clearly clarify the situation.

When in doubt let the Goals stand. In favor of attacking play, As the game is ultimately about Goals.

Just now, Bazly said:

I binned out when it was 0-1 and took my penance in the freezing cold. I think I need to do that more often, though that's not going to be easy in the Summer. Maybe I need to buy a large walk in freezer just to do my penance in. Its one crazy game.

We will do a go fund me for you, to ensure you get that freezer installed 😉

7 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I'm starting a petition:-

Dear Match Of The Day, please accompany replays of the collision leading to our second goal with circus music and a big cartoon "Doiiiiing" sound effect.

Its all going off about the first goal collision to. I read a bit of the Liverpool forums and they went ballistic over Barnes diving. Reckon he has been taking lessons from Mane and finishing classes from Salah. There is just no differentiation left any more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Do you really think we deserved nothing up to that point? We had 3 or 4 gift edged chances vardy should have netted, 1 hitting the bar, I thought it was fairly even 

To me, the way we played today was reminiscent of our title winning season, defended soundly and destroy when going forward. 

Show up, compete, wait for the opposition to implode, pounce on it. Even more satisfying that it was Liverpool doing the imploding.  Back line hung in there all day. Midfield struggled to keep the ball up until just about the time Liverpool fell apart.  Strange match in that we could have 5 or 6 goals yet got outplayed for about 75 minutes.  Of course we did dominate the final 15.  What a game.

• Like 1