Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Think most of the offside complaints stem from this image. Which does appear odd. 

the blue line seems way behind Liverpool’s last player (Firmino’s foot)

unless the blue line is something else? Because the green line looks level with Firmino anyhow, so Dan is onside

E81E8D70-2E70-425B-88A5-40B0D28A96F4.jpeg

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Think most of the offside complaints stem from this image. Which does appear odd. 

unless the blue line is something else? Because the green line looks level with Firmino anyhow, so Dan is onside

His foot isn't side on, his toes are under the green. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The thing is. Owen has praised Kane for doing the same thing on multiple occasions and pointing to that being a reason that Kane IS a natural finisher. 

The guy seems a bit of an idiot haha. Actually seems to be a more modern strikers way of finishing: Kane, Vardy, Aguero, Mane all tend to put their boot through it. Salah maybe more in the finesse model but all capable of either...and all natural finishers of course.

19 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well I like to ignore last season, because I feel we are stronger and just better all around. The wins against the so called top six prove it. We belong here, we are on 46 points with 14 to play... to match last seasons total we would well need to go on a similar run of relegation form and I can’t see that happening. 75 pts should be a nice target from here 

Yes ,last season is totally irrelevant, its passed. We also are far stronger and better all round. BR ain't perfect but he's very good and even more important lucky. Bejasus he was lucky today, but he nearly made a mistake the team did n't. The Irish are usually smart and often lucky. I hope you're right about the 75 points. That would almost guarantee ECL football in 2021 ,our most important target in my view.  An FA Cup win would mean little, but to me would mean as much as for the other oldies who remember 1963 . 1969 was a bit easier to bear but being a football fan at all means you have to endure quite a bit of pain..

48 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

The guy seems a bit of an idiot haha. Actually seems to be a more modern strikers way of finishing: Kane, Vardy, Aguero, Mane all tend to put their boot through it. Salah maybe more in the finesse model but all capable of either...and all natural finishers of course.

He's an odd bloke really. I tend to find its better to pay him no attention no matter who, or what, he's on about lol

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The green line is surely from Amartey's knee or shirt sleeve as it goes up to that point,  I presume the blue line is were  Firminos foot ends, which is obscured by the green line, If the blue line is nearer the goal surely that means it's correctly awarded as a goal.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The bloody big club bias strikes again

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

His foot isn't side on, his toes are under the green. 

That angle is utter bobbins anyway. Unless you’re side on at a solid 90 degrees it’s all a bit pointless even with the coloured lines. That image to me is seriously unclear. We could be onside or offside. VAR should be cutting the guesswork out, not adding to it. 

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

That angle is utter bobbins anyway. Unless you’re side on at a solid 90 degrees it’s all a bit pointless even with the coloured lines. That image to me is seriously unclear. We could be onside or offside. VAR should be cutting the guesswork out, not adding to it. 

The software they use is calibrated to make sure that the lines drawn are all at ninety degrees to the touch line 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I liked this from the Blue Moon forum:

I don’t even care that Leicester are our actual title challengers, this is just too funny to give a shit.

Theyve always been arrogant toss pots on there. 

I know some real level headed Man City fans but majority on there are proper clowns. 

Edited by Ashley
  • Thanks 1

Ndidi was absolutely incredible and is the reason we got anything out of that game, let alone 3 points.

For as much as Liverpool carried the play, in the end they needed a ridiculous play to score a goal and other than the post I don't recall them going very close?  Could be forgetting, but I thought we had the better chances.

Another example of our mental strength.  We battle for 70 minutes, get undone by some ridiculousness and go behind.  We have a pen taken away.  Vardy misses that chance to make it 3.  We stuck with it and got the result.  Very positive.

And man, the Liverpool melts are delicious.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Let's be honest, vast majority of us wrote that off as offside as soon as we saw the replay. I know I did. 

I didn’t, if amartey didn’t touch the ball, the only way it could be offside is if he was in the goalies eyeline, which he wasn’t because amartey was to the right of the goalie and the shot was from the left.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I didn’t, if amartey didn’t touch the ball, the only way it could be offside is if he was in the goalies eyeline, which he wasn’t because amartey was to the right of the goalie and the shot was from the left.

Goal either way because he isn’t offside, var checked it because they felt he was impeding with the play which he was if going for it puts the defenders off 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

32 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We’re just bloody lucky that Firmino has size 15 feet 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The blue line is covering the other half of Firmino’s foot, clearly on

Problem with the offside rule is that it wasn't made for a VAR world. Being a mm off or onside isn't in the spirit of the original rule. Needs a rethink...or just trash VAR but we know that isn't happening.

And in a non-VAR world we'd have had a pen anyway.