Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Thought the officiating today was top notch. Was thinking that even if we had not won. Was amazed at how he was letting the game flow and seemed hardly there.. Probably the best piece of officiating all season for me.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Klopp arguing that the free kick for the first goal wasn’t even a foul because Barnes “jumps” shows him for the shit bag he is. Can’t stand how he is always  trying to bad rep opposition players. 

This is Liverpool, we talk more shit.

Don't worry about it. They still don't think they lost the War.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

He jumps to try and get over the leg. What should he do? Just stop and let Liverpool have the ball. The entitlement of them is what makes it all feel so good to be fair.

Saw a Liverpool based journalist on Twitter say that the offside decision was a reason to scrap VAR, completely oblivious to the fact we’d have had a penalty without VAR.

Even the commentators who were up Liverpool’s backside had no doubt it was a foul 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

People need some perspective talking about how poor it was before the last 15. It was a struggle but it wasn't that bad, I just think we're a side sometimes can look like that when things aren't going great within a game. 

This. One team affects how the other team plays. They have quality players who dont give you a moment on the ball. They were not league champions last year by accident. But we dug in and rode the storm and actually gave them very little, and had the better chances. It took one moment of genius to actually get a goal against us. Just because we weren't pinging it around like Brazil doesn't mean we played badly. It is just a different way of playing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peterorange said:

This. One team affects how the other team plays. They have quality players who dont give you a moment on the ball. They were not league champions last year by accident. But we dug in and rode the storm and actually gave them very little, and had the better chances. It took one moment of genius to actually get a goal against us. Just because we weren't pinging it around like Brazil doesn't mean we played badly. It is just a different way of playing. 

We WERE poor today!  Goodness how many times we gave away possession.  How many passes were awful, even Tielemans pass gave the ball away to give L'pool their 1st goal.  Madisons free kick was poor , but slipped in, then we had a keeper mistake.... we did play badly, notwithstanding that, the back 4 were immense, they had to be!  Why do we act like world beaters and try to pass the ball out from the back??  Is it Heart-attack season?!  

Just now, bovril said:

There's an element of truth in some of what they are saying. 

I agree, he was 'brushed' a few times, fell down  and was awarded free kicks.... BUT, Hey!!  Every other team does it... that sort  of behaviour is part of football now, ... pity really.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Are you shitting me? He's seriously repeated that!? 

I thought he'd have had the good sense to keep his head down and pretend he never said that. 

I've not checked this so it's an educated guess more than a fact but I'm pretty confident that if you went away and dug around for the stats, Vardy's conversion rate would be better than Owen's. 

He's literally got one of the best conversion rates of shots to goals in top flight football. He also gets himself in an incredible amount of goal scoring positions, so whether Owen meant finishing technique or his movement to sniff out chances, he's wrong in both cases. 

It's honestly one of the most shamefully, offensively, moronically wrong things a professional "pundit" has ever said about us or one of our players. 

Owen and Wright were going on about it. I couldn't believe it. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

There's an element of truth in some of what they are saying. 

Not really. I'm one of the first to call out our own players for diving. I hate simulation, I really do, it's one of my biggest pet hates in football. 

But Barnes is pretty damn honest as a footballer. In the instance today he's moving at a reasonable amount of speed and gets tackled by two players at once. You don't expect him to go lurching forward from that? 

I do think they got unlucky, I think we got away with one with Ricky on Salah in the first half but he still went down like a ballerina with two left feet and an inner ear infection. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The excuses and victim mentality coming out of Liverpool right now is Glorius. 

Salah should of had a 'stonewall' penalty first half. The ref cheated giving Barnes the foul. VAR cheated for giving the goal. There is a global conspiracy by fifa and the referees to rob Liverpool of glory. 

Right now?

They've always been full of excuses and had a victim mentality, always have, always will.

It is glorious!

• Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

Not really. I'm one of the first to call out our own players for diving. I hate simulation, I really do, it's one of my biggest pet hates in football. 

But Barnes is pretty damn honest as a footballer. In the instance today he's moving at a reasonable amount of speed and gets tackled by two players at once. You don't expect him to go lurching forward from that? 

I do think they got unlucky, I think we got away with one with Ricky on Salah in the first half but he still went down like a ballerina with two left feet and an inner ear infection. 

I didn't mean in terms only of Barnes but how English players are criticised much less.

It's typical twitter bullshit but there is some truth in it.