Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Just now, Spudulike said:

A Liverpool fan lives over the road from me. The lad and me were flicking the V's during the match but I don't think he saw. I'm waiting for him to put the bins out and I'll be out for a chat. 

lol

As it is a cold day make sure you put on  hat, scarf, flag, posters, and badges to keep you warm

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

Such a massive result! Absolutely huge to have turned that around and have a 6 point gap to Liverpool 

I do hope BR doesn’t allow that 7 minute spell to paper over the fact that the first 60 odd minutes were the sloppiest we’ve been all season. Youri, Kevin and Amartey were particularly bad. Got away with it so won’t complain, but it can’t become the norm

Amartey did admirably well, Youri played that ball over the top that created our second and Albrighton was anonymous. We weren't at are best, but it wasn't by any means the "sloppiest we've been all season". Liverpool were very strong in possession, held their shape, and pinned us back with the high press. We pulled the pin and they simply fell apart. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Wow. Couldn't follow the game live, that is an outstanding result.  Haven't seen any highlights but I take it there was no free kick, one of our goals was offside and Liverpool deserved to win? 

Everything Klopp said post match 😂😂

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Wow. Couldn't follow the game live, that is an outstanding result.  Haven't seen any highlights but I take it there was no free kick, one of our goals was offside and Liverpool deserved to win? 

Var have just reviewed the match and declared that result was invalid due to fraudulent goals. A rally has been called for by all Liverpool fans, Klopp, BT, McMannaannanman and Sky in an attempt to "stop the steal".

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

So Perez comes on and we score 3 goals. That's all I'm saying!!🤔🤔

Straight from the gaffer's mouth:

"We had a plan if we were behind, the shape we would go into, and the players worked it brilliantly. So yeah, really happy. We went to two up front with a diamond structure, so when the game broke down for them, we had the space to go and exploit."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You're not far off lol

Liverpool had about 80% of the game. We had few good chances in first half which Vardy should have despatched.

Klopp moaned about VAR. Amartey was onside for the Maddison goal. VAR saved them conceding a penalty. Then we went in to attack mode and countered when they tried to chase the winner.

Ndidi absolutely top clas. Schmeichel, Soyuncu were quality. Ricardo deputised well at left-back. Amartey the same at RB. Sloppy on the ball due to Liverpool's high and energetic press. Alisson with another blunder for our 2nd.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The comedy way they fell apart shows we should have attacked them earlier. They are poor behind. We shouldn't paper over our first 60 minutes. Too slow, too much respect. But great character in the end. Get in. 

Difficult to attack them in your own half of the pitch.  They were all over us.

• Like 1

As a Leicester fan down the years (with the exception of a couple obvious seasons), it has happened on countless occasions where we’ve played big teams and come away from games wondering how on earth we’ve lost. Every time we went to the emirates or White Hart Lane, etc etc.

How nice is it to be on the winning side of a game that really could’ve gone either way. We hung in there brilliantly. 

• Like 2

On 07/02/2021 at 16:28, Kendal Fox said:

If you look at it from the perspective of 4 points from 2 consecutive away games then normally you'd be happy with that. But as the title race was still an outside chance before today's result nothing less than 3 points would have sufficed.

Though it's now simply a fight to stay in the top 4 (unless the 2 Manchester teams drop points fairly soon), think if we beat Liverpool it could do a lot of good for the team psychologically. We'll see I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As lacklustre as it seemed for 75 minutes, let's hope that was the tonic we needed from a psychological perspective, probably missing since we won the league. This might have been the corner turned.

Edited by Kendal Fox

10 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Amartey did admirably well, Youri played that ball over the top that created our second and Albrighton was anonymous. We weren't at are best, but it wasn't by any means the "sloppiest we've been all season". Liverpool were very strong in possession, held their shape, and pinned us back with the high press. We pulled the pin and they simply fell apart. 

Agree to disagree I’m afraid. Amartey did well enough given his time out, but it doesn’t detract from him giving the ball away cheaply. Also not denying that Youri had a hand in the second goal but it wasn’t his best performance. 

If you watch it back you’ll see what I mean I think. Some of that has to be credit to Liverpool’s pressing but a lot of the times we were playing ourselves into trouble 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Adster said:

One would argue, what does "better football" merit though? Who cares about that?

Am I seeing things? Didn't we play a similar set up at Man City. Vardy almost scored a couple of more in the 1st on the counter. Do our supporters actually watch matches. For me we executed the game plan to perfection. The only thing we didn't do was score first. And lets face it Salah's goal was class nobody was stopping that. Thought we were great from whistle to whistle.