Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

In 2015-6 we often won games whilst having far less possession than opponents. Today mirrored that; Liverpool had far more possession but City had the best chances. Apart from the goal, Schmeicel hardly and a meaningful save to make ( there was a superb save from an offside position). Vardy's goal could have been his hat trick goal with the chances he had first half. As it happens he so nearly got a second, but for the superb save save from Allison at 2-1 

What an enjoyable game! As has been said before Ndidi was superb throughout, he is an incredibly good player that I just hope we can keep.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Not sure what coverage you get over there but we had Ian Wright and Michael Owen, and the post match was all about how this affects Liverpool. Barely acknowledged our win or our position in the table, prospects or anything.

Pretty similar, I'd say.

Not quite sure how McManaman gives MOTM to Barnes. Did he watch the game? We had to defend like dogs in that first half; the Liverpool press was relentless.

To get anything out of that game, the MOTM has to come from the defenders. I'd have Ndidi for his overall play, and his effectiveness at defending corners. Ricardo and Soyoncu weren't far behind him.

Honestly at half time I'd have bitten your hand off for 0-0 as the final score.

Really needed that pick me up; can enjoy the rest of the weekend, and hopefully see some results go our way.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Blaming VAR. 

On about touching the ball? Amartey doesn't so is his moaning irrelevant? 

Amartey was absolutely fantastic today. All of our defenders were to be honest. So solid, seemed like he was all over my screen when we were defending.

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Not sure what coverage you get over there but we had Ian Wright and Michael Owen, and the post match was all about how this affects Liverpool. Barely acknowledged our win or our position in the table, prospects or anything.

It was piss poor considering one of those teams had just gone 2nd in the Premier League.

• Like 3

Didn’t think evans would last the game when seen him limping about. Wilf is just unreal hope we get champs league so we have a better chance of keeping him for longer.Barnes got better as the game went on and was a nice finish from him. And my stream lasted pretty much all game 😂

Such a massive result! Absolutely huge to have turned that around and have a 6 point gap to Liverpool 

I do hope BR doesn’t allow that 7 minute spell to paper over the fact that the first 60 odd minutes were the sloppiest we’ve been all season. Youri, Kevin and Amartey were particularly bad. Got away with it so won’t complain, but it can’t become the norm

Ndidi is my man of the match. What a player. We're a different team with him in our midfield.

Vardy didn't actually play well but his pace and his intelligent runs means even on an off day, he is still dangerous. And Harvey...oh Harvey. Thrilled to bits with him.

Second!!!!