Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thoughts?

If we're all honest with ourselves, and Liverpool fans too, that's a free-kick 100% of the time for a late tackle on the defender. Gets given pretty much all of the time in any other scenario or match.

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

Ndidi was immense, some of his tackles were mind-blowing. 

I was unsure about Ricky on the left and first 5 or 10 minutes he was worrying, but then got the measure of it (and Salah) for the rest of the game. He looked brilliant and could easily play there is Castagne prefers the right. 

Vardy got in some good positions, could have had three or four on another day with so many different chances - a header, a chip, a smash and a close range snatch. 

Soyuncu looked very good, Amartey pretty steady and Evans battled well to complete that second half. 

1 minute ago, Goober said:

They were the better side for the majority let's be real.

We created some big chances first half but they were playing the better football up until the equaliser

One would argue, what does "better football" merit though? Who cares about that?

Hats off to the team. They played their asses off. Make no mistake about it Liverpool brought their 'A" game  to the King Power. Looked like a well oiled machine in the first half as we defended our asses off. Looked like more of the same until the goal but credit to us we kept working. After our first just kept shouting at the tv to work harder and go for it. Unbelievable the mentality and drive of this club and how its building stronger and stronger. Going to take me awhile to come down from this high. Europa League Knockout Thursday :scarf:

LOVE IT!.....we torched em.

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Apprently.... according to Klopp. We were dominated. 

Now seriously dominated? Have all the possession you want. You had more corners. What else did you do? Firmino assist was filth but come on.... 😳

Klopp is a bad loser, but he is right on that IMO. I am loving the result, but every time we play Liverpool, their pressing game against us is INSANE. Against other teams it sometimes has bad days but against us for whatever reason, their pressing game is always first class. The first half we could not get out, and though by the end of the half we appeared to stabilise, in the second half they picked up right from where they left up and squeezed us even tighter.

I would agree that defensively they did not cause us a ton of problems, with Soyuncu and Ricardo brilliant at the back, with Evans and Amartey also doing a shift. Wilfred Ndidi also blatantly won us that game with a performance that makes peak Kante look poor by comparison.

For me this game reminded me a lot of when we capitulated against Bournemouth last season. We dominate the game and had it under control and then threw it away. For me Liverpool lost that game rather than us winning it, but who cares!? We have an injury ravaged squad too so will take that any day of the week.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

They were the better side for the majority let's be real.

We created some big chances first half but they were playing the better football up until the equaliser

6 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

We were dominated. Then we won. I’m still amazed we got anything out of that game. They imploded then overreached and we picked them off. 

Better side? Does possession make you a better side? 

We had the better chances up to the goal. Trent then hits the crossbar from a deflected free kick. Other than that what did they do? ..

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

One would argue, what does "better football" merit though? Who cares about that?

Definitely not me, but I think if they'd blown the whistle on 75 minutes we'd have had zero complaints.

Any side who collapses like that though deserves **** all

Still not sure what happened there!

Thought Liverpool where much the better team for most of the game and i was disappointed in the way we played. We seemed to lack confidence and going forward was very poor...or so it seemed during the emotional roller coaster that is watching it in real time. However, when you look at the chances and not just the possession I feel a different picture emerges and one that provides evidence that, where it matters, the game was much more of a level affair.

As we well know, possession alone doesn't win games or leagues

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1

Just now, Ashley said:

Better side? Does possession make you a better side? 

We had the better chances up to the goal. Trent then hits the crossbar from a deflected free kick. Other than that what did they do? ..

We couldn't string a pass together for much of it. Salah and Mane got in behind us a couple of times and should've definitely got shots away.

Not complaining, just think they were far more 'on it' than us until their heads fell off

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

I see no reason to train this week! Now for me would be the time to rest the team and report back Wednesday. Your not going to get fitter from training until the trip to Prague. Rest would be handy 

Sort of agree . I thought there was quite a lot of evidence today they've been practicing headers but I 've seen that before occasionally and been wrong. Those that are fit should still be practising them. Ndidi ,Evans, Soyuncu and Vardy could be let off as a reward, they and probably a few I've forgotten are already reasonably good but are needed to help the others (and further improve themselves ).While I agree with BR's philosophy that the ball should be got onto the ground asap its to realise that in very important sections of play (corners and other set pieces) the ball pracically must be in the air. Then of course the other team will put it into the air of course , either deliberately or because they can't help it either. Cloughie , a good header in his playing career put it best as so often . He said something like " If you were meant to play it up there lad, God would have put grass up there.". But he knew you could n't ignore the ball being in the air.