Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

46 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm loving the result. But aside from the magic 10 mins. I thought we were shocking. The poorest we've been with possession for ages. If Wilf wasn't in pure beast mode and pool wasteful we'd have been up the creek. Funny old game.

Agreed and yet we still had a further 4 good Vardy chances. I feel we've been really struggling to raise our performance levels and it's understandable but Wednesdays last min winner and that 7 minutes of madness will probably kick start us on adrenaline alone. Its hugely needed and we are owed it.

Our stats against the so called big six are impressive this season, last season these were the games we couldn’t win. Massive improvement and it cements us in the top 4.

While the collapse last season was disappointing we also had a terrible record in these games. Different Leicester this season, stronger. 

2 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Agree to disagree I’m afraid. Amartey did well enough given his time out, but it doesn’t detract from him giving the ball away cheaply. Also not denying that Youri had a hand in the second goal but it wasn’t his best performance. 

If you watch it back you’ll see what I mean I think. Some of that has to be credit to Liverpool’s pressing but a lot of the times we were playing ourselves into trouble 

We were very nervous in the first half and looked to be paying them too much respect but given the players we have out, all can be forgiven, that win should give us huge belief, I'm more worried about the chances vardy missed 

By and large I thought we matched Liverpool throughout, it’s just the passing in our final third was poor for the first 75 odd mins and that pushed us back about 20 yards. They sat a little deeper after taking the lead, as is inevitable, plus took Jones off and there was a bit more time for the passes. Just being better with the ball meant the game was played further up the pitch and brought the bits of luck we created for ourselves. 

Thought Harvey was the worst culprit for losing the ball at times in the first 75 mins, but that’s obviously why you have to have him on the pitch. He and Vardy make things happen.

Even more funny that Liverpool moan about a marginal VAR call and don’t mention the one that went their way literally seconds beforehand. They reminded us of us against Bournemouth last year but with 11-men on the pitch still.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, daverollo said:

On the shithousery scale that's a solid 7/10

For 75 mins it felt like we defended well but our passing in the top 3rd of the pitch was piss poor.  But looking back, how many saves did Kasper have to make? Hardly any, we also had the more clear cut chances in the first half.

Great character from the lads to keep going.

N'Diddi - immense

Evans and Cags - Outstanding

Big Dan - FFS his distribution and decision making :jawdrop:

Riccardo - starting to regain his match sharpness and can't wait to see more driving forward from him

Youri - solid if unspectacular, put in a lot of yards

Kev - was he playing?

Madders - piss poor first half, got better as the game went on

Barnes - got better when he had more space later on, great composure for the goal

Vards - similar to Riccardo, looks like he's having to rebuild his match sharpness, but a great distraction to allow others to grab some space

COYB!!!

Basically this, Liverpool weren't great, a rare moment of quality to score. After which we played them off the park. Before that we defended well, attacked badly. But still looked dangerous on the rare occasions we got close to the goal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We were very nervous in the first half and looked to be paying them too much respect but given the players we have out, all can be forgiven, that win should give us huge belief, I'm more worried about the chances vardy missed 

Vardy got his goal, I’m sure that will ignite him again 

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Our stats against the so called big six are impressive this season, last season these were the games we couldn’t win. Massive improvement and it cements us in the top 4.

While the collapse last season was disappointing we also had a terrible record in these games. Different Leicester this season, stronger. 

It's unbelievable that's 5 wins and a draw out of 7 games so far this season against the supposed big 6. Obscene.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

Ndidi was immense, some of his tackles were mind-blowing. 

I was unsure about Ricky on the left and first 5 or 10 minutes he was worrying, but then got the measure of it (and Salah) for the rest of the game. He looked brilliant and could easily play there is Castagne prefers the right. 

Vardy got in some good positions, could have had three or four on another day with so many different chances - a header, a chip, a smash and a close range snatch. 

Soyuncu looked very good, Amartey pretty steady and Evans battled well to complete that second half. 

I swear Ndidi has some kind of suction on the bottom of his feet to allow him to tackle the ball and control it. His skill level with the ball at his feet compared to when Rodgers first came is world class. I've never seen a player like him and keeps on getting better.

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

My Leicester shirt was in the dirty wash as I'd worn it for a few days and it smelt of b.o. 

On 70 minutes I thought this won't do I'll put the stinking rag on. We scored 3 goals in 7 minutes after that. 

Coincidence? No. I won us that game today. 

And who told you to wear it, at that exact point??? 

A77E09C8-577B-42B8-AFCD-5B982200F828.jpeg.2e01b2a83246d442aa2df65a0f9e5ea7.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

They are so salty, which is a shame. This lack of recognition of their own faults is not a good look.

That tackle by Mane on Dan could easily have been a red.

To be fair I think everyone is getting fed up of hearing their Injury lists, excuses, etc etc etc, and probably enjoy watching bitter post match interviews from Klopp when they loose, its wrong, but they do bring it on themselves.

• Like 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

I hope so, he's getting in those positions, he just needs to set his radar up, we've been here before, the legend, the beast has still got it I'm sure 

We absolutely have. Go back through his droughts and its usually a gift of a goal that kickstarts him. Palace at home last season when he was stuck on 99 PL goals being one off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

They are so salty, which is a shame. This lack of recognition of their own faults is not a good look.

That tackle by Mane on Dan could easily have been a red.

If that was Vardy and he got a red you'd be livid, it wasn't even a foul, he got to the ball at the same time as Dan. 

We’ve beaten Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and now Liverpool this season.

Just Man United to complete the set.

if it doesn’t happen in the league, then I’m sure we’d happily settle for knocking them out of the FA Cup. And, who knows, maybe the Europa League too.

Bring it on.

• Like 2