Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJim1987

Villa away pre match thread

I think this might be one of those games when Madders gets shunted to the right and Albrighton makes way for Hamza who plays alongside Wilf to give Youri a bit more space. Nothing to base this on, just a hunch. A lot depends on Riccy's fitness.

• Sad 1

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

I can see iheanacho starting this one now with him being suspended for the 2nd leg

Don't think that would be a bad option to be honest. Vardy looked a bit rusty again tonight, have him in reserve against Villa and hopefully he gets a good week's training and comes back sharper for the second leg.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I think this might be one of those games when Madders gets shunted to the right and Albrighton makes way for Hamza who plays alongside Wilf to give Youri a bit more space. Nothing to base this on, just a hunch. A lot depends on Riccy's fitness.

Albrighton will play 1 million per cent seeing as we will be up against Grealish who plays on the left. Especially as Ricardo will play who is an attacking full back. I'd like to see Ndidi and Vardy rested, as Kelechi and Hamza or Mendy are more than capable of standing in. The real worry is we don't have any deputy for Barnes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Albrighton will play 1 million per cent seeing as we will be up against Grealish who plays on the left. Especially as Ricardo will play who is an attacking full back. I'd like to see Ndidi and Vardy rested, as Kelechi and Hamza or Mendy are more than capable of standing in. The real worry is we don't have any deputy for Barnes. 

You're probably right. I just wonder if Hamza might have the legs to man mark Grealish, not sure Kevin does. That said, that's requires Hamza to be extremely disciplined, Grealish isn't exactly famous for staying on his feet and Hamza isn't exactly famed for his reliability either.

• Like 1

Amartey has done ok but him up against Grealish worries me and looks a penalty waiting to happen. Ricardo at right back.

Not sure whether Castagne comes straight back in or whether Thomas plays left back. Thomas did ok and does work well with Barnes going forward. 

No way he doesn't start Vardy I don't think, even if he has to play next week too. 

18 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

You're probably right. I just wonder if Hamza might have the legs to man mark Grealish, not sure Kevin does. That said, that's requires Hamza to be extremely disciplined, Grealish isn't exactly famous for staying on his feet and Hamza isn't exactly famed for his reliability either.

Well Grealish comes inside a lot so I agree maybe Hamza or Mendy will have to watch him aswell as Albrighton. The way their players tonight  screamed whenever someone breathed near them made Grealish look like an honest pro. 

24 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Amartey has done ok but him up against Grealish worries me and looks a penalty waiting to happen. Ricardo at right back.

Not sure whether Castagne comes straight back in or whether Thomas plays left back. Thomas did ok and does work well with Barnes going forward. 

No way he doesn't start Vardy I don't think, even if he has to play next week too. 

Did absolutely fine against Mane and was strong when we beat Man City 5 - 2. But, I do agree, Ricardo and Castange should be right and left back respectively on Sunday.

Edited by MGLCFC

34 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

We certainly won’t man-mark 

Just now, Paddy. said:

I think we might look to stop Grealish.

We will yep but not through man-marking. Will be the Albrighton and Ricardo on the wing and then passing him onto Wilf in the middle when he comes inside. Clear communication and organisation needed

• Like 1