Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJim1987

Villa away pre match thread

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

I literally cannot catch a break with this fvcking game this year lol brought him in last week as Soucek got a red card. Soucek gets overturned and now I’ve got an injured Grealish in there. 

We go again next season!

Did you pick a lot of our players too, are all of our injuries your fault 🤣

1 hour ago, KFS said:

I literally cannot catch a break with this fvcking game this year lol brought him in last week as Soucek got a red card. Soucek gets overturned and now I’ve got an injured Grealish in there. 

We go again next season!

I just go for each week transfer in whoever Leicester’s opposition best player for that week, usually guarantees that they won’t score, or assist and increase there likely hood of a red card, own goal or conceding a penalty.

This week in comes Martinez and Grealish 

Fancy us to scrape a 1-0 if we don't concede something stupid early-doors in this one.

One positive i took from the crappy game in Prague is that we actually looked assured defending corners. I think I can remember one misplaced header from Sima but otherwise we dealt with everything. Not counting any chickens but it does feel like we're starting to improve our defence from set pieces - dunno if that's due to Soyuncu being back in, because he was my MOTM on Thursday.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Iheanacho will start this won't he? With him being out Thursday I can see it. He's got a good record against Villa as well.

That would seem to make the most sense, since the alternative is not just for JV to start three matches in 7 days but it leaves us with no options for Praha if Vardy is unable to go.  I'm sure BR is loathe to rest Vardy in a league game against a rival for position but I'm not sure he has much choice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He gives his full back very little cover or protection. You can use to your advantage. This is totally why I find Maddison comparisons unfair because they play different roles within their team 

This! :appl:

Edited by NaijaFox

10 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Well players definitely do have them / are allowed them Patrick Bamford has said a few times he captains himself in certain games. 

The above though would be easy enough to find out as pretty sure you can search players name. 

I swear I’ve read somewhere that Vards captains himself every week as well. Why wouldn’t you got to back yourself. 

On would Grealish get in the Leicester team for me yes although I’ve not seen him or Barnes play on the right and if it was as well as keeping Maddison on the team then it feels very much round peg square hole.

On Grealish staying at Villa it’s his boy hood club. Say what you want about him but he’s been loyal to them and you’ve got to respect that. Who wouldn’t want to play for their boyhood club. That said I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves unless Villa get European football just not sure where he’d go. Think he’s best on the left but in order to move to a “Sky Top 6” team or us he’s competing with Sterling, Rashford, Son, Pulisic, Mané, Aubamayang and Barnes. So can’t really see any of those sides coming in with bids in the region of what Villa would be after in order to get him.

3 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Fancy us to scrape a 1-0 if we don't concede something stupid early-doors in this one.

One positive i took from the crappy game in Prague is that we actually looked assured defending corners. I think I can remember one misplaced header from Sima but otherwise we dealt with everything. Not counting any chickens but it does feel like we're starting to improve our defence from set pieces - dunno if that's due to Soyuncu being back in, because he was my MOTM on Thursday.

Also, for the latter part of the game we had Choudhury on for Maddison which would have improved our physicality at corners.  But I agree that Soyuncu was immense.

Edited by deep blue

12 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Not even willing to get my hopes up that Grealish might be out 

Me neither. I am waiting for 'Shaun from Bartley Green' to confirm on Twitter.

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

That would seem to make the most sense, since the alternative is not just for JV to start three matches in 7 days but it leaves us with no options for Praha if Vardy is unable to go.  I'm sure BR is loathe to rest Vardy in a league game against a rival for position but I'm not sure he has much choice.

I'm wondering if Vardy will start each game but only play 60 minutes in each ie the equivalent of 2 full games.

I forgot how much this lot piss me off, they are a good side and yet their antics rile me no end. Early goal please and then take them apart, love seeing that look of Dean Smith as if he's realised he's not put his bins out and got to wait another 2 weeks.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I forgot how much this lot piss me off, they are a good side and yet their antics rile me no end. Early goal please and then take them apart, love seeing that look of Dean Smith as if he's realised he's not put his bins out and got to wait another 2 weeks.

I find them much less annoying now they're half decent. Going out to those dogshit bins in the league cup made me seethe for weeks.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I think the return of Wilf has had a big part to play in the improvement in our set piece defending. He is excellent at clearing headers from corners as evidenced on Thursday night in Prague.

56 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

I think the return of Wilf has had a big part to play in the improvement in our set piece defending. He is excellent at clearing headers from corners as evidenced on Thursday night in Prague.

Alongside Soyuncu as well - gone under the radar how few goals we’ve conceded since he’s been fully back 

• Like 2