Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJim1987

Villa away pre match thread

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s his overly erotic lips, feel like I want to cut them off with a pair of scissors- but maybe that’s just me. :dunno:

Hahah!

If we're talking erotic parts, for me it's that sweet bubble butt and his post man calf muscles. The next week is gonna test the blood pressure of our unhealthier fans. Prague, Villa and Prague again. The amount of diving and play acting is gonna be obscene.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hahah!

If we're talking erotic parts, for me it's that sweet bubble butt and his post man calf muscles. The next week is gonna test the blood pressure of our unhealthier fans. Prague, Villa and Prague again. The amount of diving and play acting is gonna be obscene.

Feel like I will cope with Prague II better, as was unprepared yesterday so was constantly outraged by their acting and the referee’s susceptibility to it.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Feel like I will cope with Prague II better, as was unprepared yesterday so was constantly outraged by their acting and the referee’s susceptibility to it.

To be honest, I found the diving funny, it was the referee buying it that made my blood boil. I'm not sure there's anything that can prepare you for that lol

Don't agree with resting Wilf or Vardy for this. I'd also get Timmy back in at LB and play Ric at RB. We need to field the strongest available team for this as it will be a tough game and a win here would be a huge step towards securing top 6 at least.

Villa have a very decent starting XI but their overall squad isn't as strong. If Cash is out, I wonder who they'll play at RB up against Barnes? Hopefully we can exploit that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Don't agree with resting Wilf or Vardy for this. I'd also get Timmy back in at LB and play Ric at RB. We need to field the strongest available team for this as it will be a tough game and a win here would be a huge step towards securing top 6 at least.

Villa have a very decent starting XI but their overall squad isn't as strong. If Cash is out, I wonder who they'll play at RB up against Barnes? Hopefully we can exploit that.

Based on Vardy's last 2 games it would be fair, he's contributed very little in the past few months.  We're gonna need him for at least 90 minutes on Thursday due to Nacho's suspension so it seems stupid to start him against Villa.

I don't think Wilf needs resting though, he's a fit lad and hasn't played much footie this season.

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It makes me laugh on Sky Sports News they have the tab of 'most fouls won' as if it is something to be championed. 

Grealish is on 100 which is nearly double the next person on the list, so we need to be careful of his bullshit tactics again.

What gets me is that the whole country knows that he is a cheating, diving git. The whole country that is except the roughly 20 people who referee Premier League matches

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Down to the bare bones again, but an interesting choice is there for Rodgers: if we double up on Grealish, which two play wide right? It was Ricardo and Albrighton (his job was to stop the supply lines to Grealish) in March. Same again? Or Amartey and Ricardo? Or...?

I suspect a large part of the reason for taking Albrighton off early is to ensure he's ready and raring to go on Sunday. I'll be surprised if it's not Ricardo and Albrighton.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Albrighton will play 1 million per cent seeing as we will be up against Grealish who plays on the left. Especially as Ricardo will play who is an attacking full back. I'd like to see Ndidi and Vardy rested, as Kelechi and Hamza or Mendy are more than capable of standing in. The real worry is we don't have any deputy for Barnes. 

...what if we were to switch Ünder to the left hand side!!!

Curbing the need to cut inside and shoot may be a strategy required to allow him to focus as a team player.

It would also be a curve ball for Villa to deal with.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what if we were to switch Ünder to the left hand side!!!

Curbing the need to cut inside and shoot may be a strategy required to allow him to focus as a team player.

It would also be a curve ball for Villa to deal with.

Doubt we are going to take one of our best players this season out of his most effective position to accomodate Under

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Doubt we are going to take one of our best players this season out of his most effective position to accomodate Under

Weird obsession isn't it. Someone wanted to play him in front of Ricardo and ask Ricardo to play like Simpson to mean Under had less defensive responsibilities. Yep let's ask tbe best right back in the league to cull his attacking instincts to accommodate an average winger.

• Sad 1

I understand the logic of not playing Vardy in this one, and there is probably a small argument that Iheanacho is in better form but for me Vardy plays in this, he's our best striker and away from home is a big threat and can cause Mings trouble again. 

If we have to leave him on the bench for the Slavia game, and play without a traditional striker, so be it. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...original question was that we do not have cover for Barnes!!!

I wouldn't even bother trying him on the left, if it was something that we would even consider doing we probably would have done it by now

19 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

So what do we think the team will be for this one? 

Kasper

Thomas

Soyuncu

Evans

Ricardo

Mendy

Hamza

Barnes

Maddison

Albrighton 

Kelechi

I would go with that, but maybe a little bolder in having Under for Albrighton.  My reasoning is that Ricardo is solid and, together with Mendy and Hamza, there is plenty to cope with the Villa threats, and sometimes it's good to put in attacking threats/outlets of your own that the opposition have to worry about rather than overworrying about theirs.

It's pointless, but a bit of a diversion, to guess the starting 11.  We all know that whatever Brendon comes up with it will be different, and will temporarily disappoint.

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

For me we have to start Iheanacho. If he isn't available for the 2nd leg then we need a well rested Vardy for Slavia. No reason why we cant beat Villa with Iheanacho playing. Get Hamza or Mendy involved also. 

Problem with Mendy is how much it weakens us at set pieces.

• Like 3