Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJim1987

Villa away pre match thread

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Anyone who says they wouldn't have Grealish in our starting eleven is stupid or lying.

Where does he play for Villa? Wide left? Barnes all day for me.

Grealish form has dropped off recently but as a non Grealish fan I gotta admit a few weeks ago he looked unplayable. He’s dropped off a bit since so hopefully we can keep him quiet on Sunday.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Where does he play for Villa? Wide left? Barnes all day for me.

Grealish form has dropped off recently but as a non Grealish fan I gotta admit a few weeks ago he looked unplayable. He’s dropped off a bit since so hopefully we can keep him quiet on Sunday.

TBF, Dean Smith has run him into the ground. Everything goes through Grealish and they recently had to make up their postponed games.

Apparently the Grealish injury rumours are further compelled by the fact both Villa players and staff have transferred him out of their FPL yesterday and today! We will see I guess!

I do think they would keep it quiet if he was.

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

Grealish = probably the brightest spark in a team of ordinary players but as we all know one man doesn't make a team, unless you know the incomparable 'Roy of the Rovers'!!

If he were that special he'd wouldn't still be at Vanilla or perhaps he prefers being perceived as a big fish in a small pond.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Grealish = probably the brightest spark in a team of ordinary players but as we all know one man doesn't make a team, unless you know the incomparable 'Roy of the Rovers'!!

If he were that special he'd wouldn't still be at Vanilla or perhaps he prefers being perceived as a big fish in a small pond.

Could say the same about Vardy! If he's so good, why is he still at Leicester. Sometimes players have a good fit with a club. For the record, I don't think Grealish will be at Villa after the Summer.

There’s a point about Grealish’s defensive work (or lack of). 

Villa like to give him a free role. It can be a big problem from them when he’s playing left wing. It was one of the reasons we had a lot of success in our league games against them last season. The League Cup semis - they fluked a win at Villa Park and where they did play well in the first leg he played up front. 

He gives his full back very little cover or protection. You can use to your advantage. This is totally why I find Maddison comparisons unfair because they play different roles within their team 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is probably bollocks. I struggle to know how pl players can have a fantasy team when they give stuff away like this.

IMG-20210219-WA0012.jpg

Well players definitely do have them / are allowed them Patrick Bamford has said a few times he captains himself in certain games. 

The above though would be easy enough to find out as pretty sure you can search players name. 

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Barnes

Reading some posts on here, apparently you missed Jack Grealish off your front 3 should be Barnes, Vardy, Grealish 

20 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Could say the same about Vardy! If he's so good, why is he still at Leicester. Sometimes players have a good fit with a club. For the record, I don't think Grealish will be at Villa after the Summer.

Why the comparison with Vardy? You'll recall Jamie came to us and the EPL late in his career, has done wonders and is completely happy with his lot. I expect Vardy will eventually retire at Leicester as he realises what this Club has done for him and for what he has achieved here.

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Why the comparison with Vardy? You'll recall Jamie came to us and the EPL late in his career, has done wonders and is completely happy with his lot. I expect Vardy will eventually retire at Leicester as he realises what this Club has done for him and for what he has achieved here.

Just saying that because Grealish is special to Villa, like Vardy is to us, it doesn't mean he should want to move on. Personally I think Grealish is an outstanding footballer, not a vey nice personality, and will play for a big club in the not too distant future,

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Oh come on. Like others had said he is one of the best players in the league this season. 

He would 100% walk into our team in the place or Perez or Maddison. Him Barnes and Vardy are an unreal front 3. 

Tielemans, ndidi, Maddison 

Grelish Vardy Barnes 

Is a front 6 that would challenge the top top teams. 

We're 3rd in the league. How many top top teams are there?

Ridiculous how people are calling for players to be rested. We are in a scrap for Top 4/6, full strength. Vardy has been off form so Iheanacho not a bad alternative but on the contra, Vardy needs to find that spark again.

Schmeichel

Castagne

Evans

Soyuncu

Amartey

Ndidi

Barnes

Maddison

Tielemans

Ricardo

Iheanacho (or Vardy)

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is probably bollocks. I struggle to know how pl players can have a fantasy team when they give stuff away like this.

IMG-20210219-WA0012.jpg

I literally cannot catch a break with this fvcking game this year lol brought him in last week as Soucek got a red card. Soucek gets overturned and now I’ve got an injured Grealish in there. 

We go again next season!