Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJim1987

Villa away pre match thread

Will Castagne be fit enough to start? He'll definitely get minutes in either way.

Unless we're playing Barnes up front at some point, I'd be tempted to give Iheanacho at least 60 minutes against Villa, we can't expect Vardy to play 60 minutes here and then the full 90 in midweek.

Kasper

Castagne/Thomas

Evans

Cags

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielemans

Barnes

Maddison

Albrighton

Iheanacho

No reason we can't beat these, if we do it'll put a huge gap between us and 6th/7th place. I'd like to give Choudhury a run out, but think he's perhaps better suited to play next week against the Czech farmers.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

Will be interesting who plays which side between Ricky and Castagne assuming both play. Think Rodgers has spoken previously of utilising Castagne’s running power to match the effect Barnes has for us on the left hand side. Think Ricardo did alright at LB against Liverpool and not sure Castagne has looked as good at LB, has looked better on the overlap where he can go on the outside and get crosses in. Although he often plays on the left for Belgium so who knows. As others have said would go: 

Schmeichel

Castagne - Evans - Söyüncü - Ricardo 

Albrighton - Ndidi - Tielemans - Barnes

Maddison 

Vardy

Wouldn’t be opposed to see Kelechi start to give Vards a bit of a rest given he can’t play in the midweek second leg, but think Vardy will likely play both, just hope he can get through unscathed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Will Castagne be fit enough to start? He'll definitely get minutes in either way.

Unless we're playing Barnes up front at some point, I'd be tempted to give Iheanacho at least 60 minutes against Villa, we can't expect Vardy to play 60 minutes here and then the full 90 in midweek.

Kasper

Castagne/Thomas

Evans

Cags

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielemans

Barnes

Maddison

Albrighton

Iheanacho

No reason we can't beat these, if we do it'll put a huge gap between us and 6th/7th place. I'd like to give Choudhury a run out, but think he's perhaps better suited to play next week against the Czech farmers.

This is the team I'd go with.. Don't think vardys 100%

Gonna be a tough game against a well rested villa team. 1-0 win will do

33 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Repeat of last season please

Oh yes please, or the home league game where Barnes was unbelievable. 

I think there's an element of the game where Vardy and Iheanacho together could be the key to taking the game away from Villa.

Kasper 

Ricardo  Evans  Soyuncu Castagne

Ndidi Tielmans 

Maddison 

Under            Barnes    
                   Nacho 

I don’t think he’ll start Vardy. With nacho being suspended for mid-week. Prob bring Vardy on for the last half hour. 

• Like 1

I'm quite confident. They've been dreadful recently, all their decent players have been absolutely run down by Smith, zero rotation. We have injuries and haven't exactly played pretty but we've grinded out results. Barnes will take a shit all over whoever they play at right back. Ricardo will embarrass Grealish as revenge for the ACL. 

• Like 1

With no JJ, Fofana, Praet, Perez the team is pretty much picking itself at the moment, assuming there were no fresh injuries in Prague.

With little to no preparation time following the away trip, could be tough and fatigue could set in. They edged past us in a drab game which could have gone either way earlier in the season but we were without Vardy, Ndidi, Maddison and Ricardo amongst others that day.

I’m going for us to get an early goal, stay in second gear and win 2-0, with people on FT complaining about a boring second half performance where we let them come on to us.

11 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Schmeichel 

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

As Vardy might be needed for the full 90 (or 120) against Slavia Prague, I'd start Iheanacho over Vardy with Vardy coming on for 30 if needed here. Otherwise, this is the line up I'd go for.

The game against them earlier in the season was very competitive. Villa probably shaded it though I felt they were a bit lucky to win. We played pretty poorly through the game though. 

It was notable in that first match that Castagne was assigned Grealish to "look after" and the two had an epic duel, with Tim putting in some tasty challenges. If both Castagne and Ricardo start this one, I think it will really help us out in containing him. Ndidi can deal with Barkley I would hope. But I am worried that the games are coming thick and fast now without that much time to rest in between games. It probably won't be such a problem for this game, but I can see it catching up with us in a few weeks time.

I'll go for a narrow win for us, but Villa have improved massively since last year and have had our number the last few times we've played them. I felt first half we were good against Slavia but really felt our missing fullbacks who usually contribute so much to our forward play. That will likely not be the case in this one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

. Thomas did ok and does work well with Barnes going forward.

You're right about the interchange with Barnes - very quick stuff, and it looks like a natural understanding. He did better than ok - looked every bit the first team player against a sly bunch of ********. I suspect he has much more confidence in himself than Chilly did. Another diamond unearthed from the developees.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I swear people seem more Obsessed about Grealish than they did about is coming up against Mane and Salah lol

It’s his overly erotic lips, feel like I want to cut them off with a pair of scissors- but maybe that’s just me. :dunno:

• Haha 2