Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

It's quite simple, if you sign an extended contract raising your wages to one of the highest at the club, be prepared to honour it, otherwise don't sign then moan about not being released. To disrespect the club that gave him a platform, to disrespect us fans that cheered him on. I'd have still had him back till he started slagging us off to the press, there's no way if want him back at Leicester now, not that he'd ever come back, I think he hates us. I have to admit, I really wanted him to fail, he didn't though, I'm surprised man city are getting rid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's quite simple, if you sign an extended contract raising your wages to one of the highest at the club, be prepared to honour it, otherwise don't sign then moan about not being released. To disrespect the club that gave him a platform, to disrespect us fans that cheered him on. I'd have still had him back till he started slagging us off to the press, there's no way if want him back at Leicester now, not that he'd ever come back, I think he hates us. I have to admit, I really wanted him to fail, he didn't though, I'm surprised man city are getting rid. 

if asking for a transfer before your contract is up is “disrespecting the club”, 99% of players in the Premier League are “disrespecting their club”. He’s mardy and he moans and he’s tiresome but you need to twist things to claim his transfer request and childish behaviour was “disrespect”.

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think any player who won the title with is, and specifically who played a major role, is automatically a legend here. Mahrez has weakened that status slightly with a few comments, but also still says nice things too. Kante says nothing, ever, so have no idea if he birches about the club in private. As for how they left, I think it was inevitable that both would go eventually, but lets not pretend one did it better than the other, if anything Kante was just a but smarter. Mahrez might have thrown a strop, but he did hang around willingly for at least the season after the title, seemingly prepared to see where things might go. Kante didn't throw a strop, because he insisted on a release clause and pissed off at the first opportunity to play for the club that finished 10th and pick up a bigger pay packet. He wasn't prepared to hang around and see where the club might go the following year, so I'm not sure why he's always painted as the angel to Mahrez's devil in these comparisons.

Kante knew his quality, he was already going places, he reportedly never wanted to come to us, but did, gave his best, won the league, and left for the club he always wanted to join. He always seems to pay his respects when he comes to the KP and never has anything bad to say about us, that's the difference between himself and mahrez who is the complete opposite 

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Kante knew his quality, he was already going places, he reportedly never wanted to come to us, but did, gave his best, won the league, and left for the club he always wanted to join. He always seems to pay his respects when he comes to the KP and never has anything bad to say about us, that's the difference between himself and mahrez who is the complete opposite 

If Kante knew his quality he'd have got the move a year later, and could have still had the CL campaign with us. He might have always wanted to join Chelsea, but he had to come here first to achieve that. Essentially he would be nothing without a club like us taking a chance on him. So how about respecting that, not insisting on a release clause on signing and giving at least one more season whilst the club competed at the highest level. They are both as good and as bad as each other.

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Any player who tries to bring the club down does not deserve to be referred to as a club legend imo. 

Even after he got his move, he still went on to slag us off to the press because we would release him from his contract that he signed.

How did he try to "bring the club down"? 

That phrase brings to mind what the little f***er Dennis Wise was trying to do when he sued us when we were on our knees and very nearly succeeded.

Marhrez's antics were unseemly and left a bitter taste in the mouth, but I think trying to bring us down is a bit of an exaggeration. 

Just now, Facecloth said:

If Kante knew his quality he'd have got the move a year later, and could have still had the CL campaign with us. He might have always wanted to join Chelsea, but he had to come here first to achieve that. Essentially he would be nothing without a club like us taking a chance on him. So how about respecting that, not insisting on a release clause on signing and giving at least one more season whilst the club competed at the highest level. They are both as good and as bad as each other.

I think he was going to Marseille which if I remember correct it was reported as his 1st preference. If anyone other than Chelsea came in for him, he may have stayed but the club he supported, he's not going to pass that up, and for him it was the right move, as he had another PL winners medal.

We can't blame players for leaving for bigger clubs, but the least they can do is respect us. 

4 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

How did he try to "bring the club down"? 

That phrase brings to mind what the little f***er Dennis Wise was trying to do when he sued us when we were on our knees and very nearly succeeded.

Marhrez's antics were unseemly and left a bitter taste in the mouth, but I think trying to bring us down is a bit of an exaggeration. 

He slagged the club off to the press, claiming we're like a prison holding him back etc he brought shame to the owners that treated him so well, he said not allowing him to join Arsenal has held his development up.

Publicly saying these things, more than once I'd add, could make other targets think twice about joining us or signing a contract.

I remember when he came to us trying stopovers and constantly losing the ball, his development with us has been top notch

Edited by splinterdream

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think he was going to Marseille which if I remember correct it was reported as his 1st preference. If anyone other than Chelsea came in for him, he may have stayed but the club he supported, he's not going to pass that up, and for him it was the right move, as he had another PL winners medal.

We can't blame players for leaving for bigger clubs, but the least they can do is respect us. 

Don't really care who he supported. We were champions and in the champions league, they finished 10th. If he was so sure if his ability like you say he was, he'd have been confident of getting that move a year later and could have stayed a year longer with the team that took the chance on him. He insisted on a release clause to firstly get out ASAP and **** us over on the transfer fee, because if he was so sure of his ability, and wanted to join a big club like Chelsea he'll have known he could be pulling in a seriously huge transfer fee. Its nice he's come to watch us a few times, and hasn't bad mouthed us (he never really speaks to the press anyway) but let's not pretend he didn't come here with the intent to get out ASAP for as little as possible.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Don't really care who he supported. We were champions and in the champions league, they finished 10th. If he was so sure if his ability like you say he was, he'd have been confident of getting that move a year later and could have stayed a year longer with the team that took the chance on him. He insisted on a release clause to firstly get out ASAP and **** us over on the transfer fee, because if he was so sure of his ability, and wanted to join a big club like Chelsea he'll have known he could be pulling in a seriously huge transfer fee. Its nice he's come to watch us a few times, and hasn't bad mouthed us (he never really speaks to the press anyway) but let's not pretend he didn't come here with the intent to get out ASAP for as little as possible.

Course he did, we were a stepping stone, don't think he'd have ever dreamed we'd win the league, same as we couldn't have ever dreamed Kante could be so good otherwise we'd never have agreed to £30m buy out clause. After winning the league, I was as disappointed as the rest we still weren't seen as an attractive club to join, that's why we struggled to sign talent to push on, this is the reason we've built the training facility. I think if kante had have won the league with us this season, he still would have joined a Chelsea finishing 10th, nothing would have stopped him

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Course he did, we were a stepping stone, don't think he'd have ever dreamed we'd win the league, same as we couldn't have ever dreamed Kante could be so good otherwise we'd never have agreed to £30m buy out clause. After winning the league, I was as disappointed as the rest we still weren't seen as an attractive club to join, that's why we struggled to sign talent to push on, this is the reason we've built the training facility. I think if kante had have won the league with us this season, he still would have joined a Chelsea finishing 10th, nothing would have stopped him

But we did win the league. 

I still don't see why his attitude towards us is celebrated and Mahrez is criticised. They're either both twat or neither is.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He slagged the club off to the press, claiming we're like a prison holding him back etc he brought shame to the owners that treated him so well, he said not allowing him to join Arsenal has held his development up.

Publicly saying these things, more than once I'd add, could make other targets think twice about joining us or signing a contract.

I remember when he came to us trying stopovers and constantly losing the ball, his development with us has been top notch

Yeah, that's the same interview that gets rehashed every year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The Colgate Kid made a snidey comment in his post match interview about that's why he came here (Chelsea). Fair enough, it worked out for him. It worked out well for us as well. 

If its any consolation mascherano said the same after he left Liverpool and I imagine fofana probably said something similar after the fa cup.

You can't win them all.

Chelsea fans not the brightest bunch are they?

Giving stick that Chilwell got a medal but getting wound up when you point out he lost the biggest game of his career in his own words :whistle:

Argue your case with him, I didn't come up with that quote lol

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

There is always 2 sides of the story...

Even our backroom management, can Promise many things & not deliver....

So without knowing the Full story, stroppy, mardy outbursts,I can let them ride...

So I Dong  take, far Location interviews, that seriously...!

No problem with that, it's not 1967.

For what it's worth, I agree with you. We'll never know the total truth of the situation. Didn't do himself any favours right enough.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, splinterdream said:

New contracts aren’t signed to be honoured these days, it’s for the selling club to maximise the sale. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

New contracts aren’t signed to be honoured these days, it’s for the selling club to maximise the sale. 

The power is indeed with the player, after all, who wants an unhappy player, but a contract is a contract and if you sign it, you have to make sure the power resides with yourself and not the club. Look at the Kane situation, some pundits are suggesting Levy may not let Kane go for another year  as he's on a 3 year contract, this is where youri has been very clever and put himself in a position to be in some control. Owners are always going to try to persuade their best players to play for one more year and make leaving more difficult with a longer contract.

4 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Whilst I agree with you. It's harsh judging anyone against Kante, in a footballing or general sense. How many players would do this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45551585

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Whilst I agree with you. It's harsh judging anyone against Kante, in a footballing or general sense. How many players would do this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45551585

He's just a beautiful human who is very blessed with footballing talent.

The last line of that story is perfect...

A Chelsea spokesman confirmed the story and added with a smile: "That's typical N'Golo"

55 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s football isn’t it. Players come and go. Dunno why people get so bothered by it all. If we’d signed a player from a club we were playing in a final and he’d just scored what he thought was a late equaliser and didn’t celebrate, I’d be fuming. 

Agree, it was getting ridiculous the other season when a player (can’t remember his name) didn’t celebrate a goal he scored against a team he spent three months on loan at. GTF scored and celebrated against Huddersfield the year we went up, they didn’t mind and still gave him a round of applause. If you score celebrate, so what if a few of the precious little souls society now breeds don’t like it.

Bit different if you run behind the goal with your tongue hanging out giving it the willy puller sign mind. lol 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Agree, it was getting ridiculous the other season when a player (can’t remember his name) didn’t celebrate a goal he scored against a team he spent three months on loan at. GTF scored and celebrated against Huddersfield the year we went up, they didn’t mind and still gave him a round of applause. If you score celebrate, so what if a few of the precious little souls society now breeds don’t like it.

Bit different if you run behind the goal with your tongue hanging out giving it the willy puller sign mind. lol 

The irony of it all is Chilwell was getting booed whenever he touched the ball, but that was fine. The minute he celebrates. Outrage. Can’t make it up. 

• Like 3