Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Reported signing shows Leicester more serious club than Tottenham

Following the Tottenham loss to Aston Villa yesterday, things continued to get worse as a reported transfer for Leicester City shows they are more serious than the Spurs are. If the rumors are true and Boubacary Soumaré is going from Lille to Leicester City for just €23m we see just how much Leicester City has passed Tottenham by as a club.

https://hotspurhq.com/2021/05/20/leicester-serious-club-tottenham/

How does the author know that Tottenham ever had any interest in this player? Probably never was an option to join Spurs so wasn't a matter of him choosing City over them. Probably still struggling to understand how good players now have other options rather than the dirty ESL clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

How does the author know that Tottenham ever had any interest in this player? Probably never was an option to join Spurs so wasn't a matter of him choosing City over them. Probably still struggling to understand how good players now have other options rather than the dirty ESL clubs. 

I'm fairly confident that there isn't many players who wouldn't want to play for Leicester right now. Our stock has risen, and our reputation is the envy of most other clubs. Combine that with the training ground, and our upwards trajectory. We're probably one of the most desirable clubs to play for in the world for players that aren't already household names.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Might be one for the unpopular opinions thread but if he enjoys it and its not doing anyone any harm then fair play to him.

Quite agree, as long as no-one is hurt and it does not affect his football, who cares.

The backpack though, that’s a UN scale issue

• Haha 2

Looks I feel like Jason Cundy has a point. We need to figure out what we are. Either we want to be judged and treated as one of the big heads, or not. For the record, I disagree with Andy, I don't think you can call us a failure, but he is right that it has to be analysed and questions asked.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers has stated what the clubs aim is and should be. If other people want to bleat on about whether we’ve replaced Arsenal or Spurs in the big six they can, but I don’t think anyone here has ever said we are a top 4 team, our goal is disrupting the top 6 as and where we can. Mission accomplished.

68 out 71 weeks in the top 4. Yrs we have disrupted the top 6 but it's so disappointing that we won't make it two years in a row. Overall it's been a successful season though.

16 hours ago, 4everfox said:

I'm fairly confident that there isn't many players who wouldn't want to play for Leicester right now. Our stock has risen, and our reputation is the envy of most other clubs. Combine that with the training ground, and our upwards trajectory. We're probably one of the most desirable clubs to play for in the world for players that aren't already household names.

I also bet those scenes from the FA Cup final were broadcast around the world and would have really appealed to any player watching them. It was telling for me that even on other fan forums, the overwhelming response to our victory was positive, with pretty much everyone saying how amazing it was when Top came out and seeing him and the players celebrate the trophy win together. That's the spirit of football and there would be very few people that wouldn't want to be part of that, especially among younger players that we tend to go for. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koke said:

68 out 71 weeks in the top 4. Yrs we have disrupted the top 6 but it's so disappointing that we won't make it two years in a row. Overall it's been a successful season though.

Would be disappointing for sure, if we beat Spurs we could miss out on 69 points which would be harsh, as most seasons that would be enough. I would say that is still a great season even if it is only good enough for 5th

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

Looks I feel like Jason Cundy has a point. We need to figure out what we are. Either we want to be judged and treated as one of the big heads, or not. For the record, I disagree with Andy, I don't think you can call us a failure, but he is right that it has to be analysed and questions asked.

Loosest possible usage of the word “debate” there.

More talk of fvcking cats than football.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

Bit early to hoist the white flag, 90 minutes is a long time in football.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Koke said:

...Could we not wait until we’ve definitely not finished in the top four? lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Funniest comment by him so far...

"Not saying they haven't done well but If they had Vardy out all season they'd be a lot lower down that table."

Where do you start with that one?

I imagine his point is that Jiminez, their main striker, has been out for the majority of the season and they, Wolves, have suffered. Jiminez was their main man for the last few years, Vardy ours, we've been fortunate that Nacho stepped up when Vardy's goals dried up but it was Vardy's goals that fired us up the league while Jiminez was having his skull stuck back together. 

12 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I imagine his point is that Jiminez, their main striker, has been out for the majority of the season and they, Wolves, have suffered. Jiminez was their main man for the last few years, Vardy ours, we've been fortunate that Nacho stepped up when Vardy's goals dried up but it was Vardy's goals that fired us up the league while Jiminez was having his skull stuck back together. 

Yes, I realise that, but he clearly has no idea how badly we've been affected by injuries this seasons as it is, and Vardy hasn't been scoring for months on end.

Just average luck injury-wise and I think we'd have sewn up top 4 weeks ago.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

If we finish on 66, 67 or 69 points we've improved on last season. I'm no great fan of how we've played and believe if we played next season the way we ended this season that we'd struggle to hit 50 points.

We've made progress on last season though. If we improve the squad and stop having to rely on low end players like Hamza, Amartey, Perez and Albrighton then there's no reason we can't go and hit 70-75 pts next season.

To put a label on us, I'd say we're a club that strives to improve every year and aside from one freak season where we had the best midfielder in the world playing for us, we've done that. 

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1