Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Premier League Young Player of the season and no Fofana. Rashford, Saka and Miesler are though …..

Saw that - what a joke.

On 31/05/2021 at 12:46, fuchsntf said:

Sorry mate, normally on your wave-length.....

but you Dont Finish Top 4, Coming from 9th, reach FA.cup final, & win the CL,

against the so called best Team in Europe to boot..and playing good successfull, entertaining football,without earning it..

No matter how much One might hate a club....one still has to give due respect....

You see opposition fans always Think the guy on the street could do better,...but thats why they will always stay the guy on the street.

This forum, does go OTT on Opp teams, ex-players, before & After Departure & carry on the envy, month even years after..

We try & sell ourselves has the club with humble ideas ,thoughts & fans...

but we cant half be cynical & bitchy towards opposition success & achievements....

We might hate any Superleague-antics, or wide Financial discrepencies,but  those clubs still have squad and players who Play & present

some Great football with players individual memories & performances...

The crux of anything Super League or Financial abuse  both clubs are guilty unmoral partners, ...Chelsea proved in football there never will be favourites...

thats something for the Asian & European betting/favourite offering media, & naive fans to argue over.....!!

Because of historlnics, both clubs have Left a bad Taste & smell Trail behind them, which will be hard to forget....but They still have individual players,

that can Show, & Perform at a quality , class & intrigue , that shows why we follow "This onfield Game of football",

Though the Noise can be horrendous, with smoke & Mirrors being distracting, even off putting....

I still follow & Love the game of football where 22 blokes, rich or poor Kick a  Blob-thing around any odd or beautiful piece of ground called a pitch..

Over any long season...a diverse or only 2-3 group of blokes will deservidely be winners....Luck & fortune might be a small part,but mostly it will be  their

Skill, quality 

I don't believe we're not on the same wavelength, and I regret that my words cause you to think that. 

I'll present my case for the defence at some point. I just would not like you to feel that I'd allow my footballing prejudices to outweigh my objectivity about the game.

As a summation I have to applaud your post. Exceptionally eloquent - even for you :appl:.

Guest Cujek
7 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

We’re big in Leicestershire.. who’d of thought ey? 

We haven't always been...

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

We haven't always been...

You're right. Growing up I remember in primary school I was 1 of 2 Leicester fans and was much the same in secondary school and college. Now in my sons class the overwhelming majority are Leicester fans. Great to see and perhaps we really do need that stadium expansion in a few years time! 

Edited by hejammy

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

You're right. Growing up I remember in primary school I was 1 of 2 Leicester fans and was much the same in secondary school and college. Now in my sons class the overwhelming majority are Leicester fans. Great to see and perhaps we really do need that stadium expansion in a few years time! 

Big in Nottingham too. I grew up there and it was always kids with Bryan Roy and Collymoore shirts - it isn't anymore. Being the current most successful club in the Midlands gives us an advantage over the London and Manchester clubs imo.

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Big in Nottingham too. I grew up there and it was always kids with Bryan Roy and Collymoore shirts - it isn't anymore. Being the current most successful club in the Midlands gives us an advantage over the London and Manchester clubs imo.

Do you mean Leicester are big in Nottingham? 

Seen a few comments like that lately including this one under Rob Tanners tweet 

And saw another from a Forest fan recently saying something similar, interested to see how it plays out in future if we do significantly expand our fan base beyond Leicestershire.

1 minute ago, Yes said:

And saw another from a Forest fan recently saying something similar, interested to see how it plays out in future if we do significantly expand our fan base beyond Leicestershire.

Yeah

4 hours ago, hejammy said:

Exactly. Growing up in the 2000s I was one of only two Leicester fans in my year of about 200 people in a school in Leicester. It was predominantly all Man Utd and Liverpool with a scattering of arsenal and Chelsea fans. The stadium expansion is crucial to cement the currents generations support for life. They’ll be tens of thousands of kids who would love to go to a game and it’s currently so inaccessible for them that the parents who won’t be bothered aren’t going to be buying memberships and stuff to make it happen. A stadium expansion will be big not just for now but for the next 50 years regardless of what level the club is playing at in that time.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Yes said:

Fawaz Day and the Brian Clough Trophy not enough to keep the kids interested?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Yes said:

Screenshot_20210515-215524_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a6c088edaf3d7d54f43853117731c604.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

Screenshot_20210515-215524_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a6c088edaf3d7d54f43853117731c604.jpg

That’s the one, don’t know how true it is but if so  great for us and for them potentially losing some of your support to a local team, rival or not, is a bit embarrassing.