Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think all this chilwell talk is starting to get a bit weird

Agreed. Not sure why people are so bothered about him. He’s a normal decent lad, his comments in the media about us were hardly the worst. Move onnnnnnn

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We should sign Trincao just to watch him destroy Chilwell and watch him ask kept to take throw ins for him.

I'm not sure he can be 'destroyed' any more. He hobbled Mahrez during the CL final. Really got stuck into him.

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

I'm not sure he can be 'destroyed' any more. He hobbled Mahrez during the CL final. Really got stuck into him.

Let’s face it when you are a defender who plays in such a defensive system like Tuchel does than it makes you look better defensively because it’s so tight back there and it is easier to defend.

The system played looked to me to be very similar to the way we played during our winning league season. Man City should have changed their tactics but persisted in there tippy tappy football and created one shot on target. Shocking really but that’s how defensive Chelsea were and caught Man City on the break countless times.

Mahrez is good but whenever he faced Chillwell he was on the corner of the box and when he drove inside there was loads of Chelsea bodies in front! Don’t think I saw him one on one with him for the entire game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Let’s face it when you are a defender who plays in such a defensive system like Tuchel does than it makes you look better defensively because it’s so tight back there and it is easier to defend.

The system played looked to me to be very similar to the way we played during our winning league season. Man City should have changed their tactics but persisted in there tippy tappy football and created one shot on target. Shocking really but that’s how defensive Chelsea were and caught Man City on the break countless times.

Mahrez is good but whenever he faced Chillwell he was on the corner of the box and when he drove inside there was loads of Chelsea bodies in front! Don’t think I saw him one on one with him for the entire game.

The two games back in '19, against Liverpool and Man City, when Chilwell was targeted as a potential vulnerability showed Rodger's lack of tactical awareness.

Tuchel had to supplement his left-hand flank defence against the Manchester attack - if he'd done his research on Mahrez and Chilly 'duels' then he'd have observed that particular débâcle two seasons ago.

Psychologically, Chilly would have benefited from knowing he was going to be supported. His forte is getting forward - he's not the complete wing-back Kyle Walker is. Ruediger behind you is a pretty reassuring figure.

But he was trying to rough up Mahrez as well. Perhaps Tuchel had spotted some reluctance by Mahrez to go in where it hurts and told the Chelsea defence (and others) to 'work' on him.

Tuchel certainly did one on us in the return game after the Cup.

He uses fast darting runs to take out midfield defences - he has the players to do it. Pull in a bloke or woman off the street and put them in charge of Chelsea and the team would function well!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's have it right, Chilwell is a little pecker. Him and his representatives have been nothing but a pain in the arse, caused no end of bother the year Liverpool wanted him when he'd barely played for us yet. His comments about being desperate to beat us, is a little provocative and there's evidently some fire there from his departure.

What I dislike the most is, he has clearly improved massively this last year. I don't believe technically he is that switched on and therefore I think he's been playing within himself with us rather than he's been coached wonderfully this past year with better players and that's why he's now a respectable PL player. His attitude and professionalism last season was very suspect and I look forward to us ruining many a season of his again in the future.

You mean when he put in abject performances before being dropped to help his new club reach the top four, he's a proper bender worse than Mattock

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

You mean when he put in abject performances before being dropped to help his new club reach the top four, he's a proper bender worse than Mattock

Yeah - he was actually trying to miss when he scored at Watford ..............

the kid was injured  ..... and we were playing him with a foot injury. He knew he was likely to go to Chelsea and we were still asking him to potentially risk that move by playing on. I’m not surprised it got to the point that he couldn’t (wouldn’t) continue.  His contract at Chelsea (which he would have known) is worth 25m more over the next five years than we would be prepared to pay him. And we needed the money to invest in players so were content to sell (despite the rhetoric). 

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Jesus Christ lads we sound like the worst type of scouse moaners lol His heart wasn't in it last year, we did them in the FA Cup final this year. We’ve had any catharsis we may have needed, we’re not missing him or any worse a team now he’s gone. Do we need to obsessively go on about him? 

Apparently ......

I sort of get the upset with some posters. After all, this wasn’t the usual career player (like a tielemans or a Kante), he had been here since a twelve y o and people obvs think he should show more loyalty as a consequence. However, players aren’t usually fans - (Harvey and hamza are) and will do what’s best for their future and their pockets 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Apparently ......

I sort of get the upset with some posters. After all, this wasn’t the usual career player (like a tielemans or a Kante), he had been here since a twelve y o and people obvs think he should show more loyalty as a consequence. However, players aren’t usually fans - (Harvey and hamza are) and will do what’s best for their future and their pockets 

I appreciate that to some extent... but this isn’t Hamza, KDH, Barnes etc. who are all local Leicestershire lads... bloke was from Milton Keynes.

I think people look back to Andy King as he was our only successful academy graduate for a good period of time and his unusual loyalty to the club despite being from Barnstaple and assume every player coming out the academy will be as loyal and appreciative, when in reality he’s an outlier for not just us but football as a whole. 

Lad was a decent player for us for 3 seasons, and we made £45 million out of him. I’d say we got a decent return out of him.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Apparently ......

And young Luke. 

• Like 4

Chilwell had a few decent games for us. We made a good amount of money out of him and have just beaten him and his team in an FA Cup final, the first win in our history. The look on his face was one for the ages when the own goal was disallowed, especially given that he was the one who was offside.

That is the end of the conversation regarding Chilwell as far as I'm concerned, apart from when we have played Chelsea again.

• Like 2

Pull in a bloke or woman off the street and put them in charge of Chelsea and the team would function well!

They did that with Lampard, didn't go too well...

Seriously though, agreed with the rest of your post, Tuchel does seem very astute and it does seem, in hindsight, that he did a number on both Mahrez and Man City. It's the oldest trick in the book with wingers though isn't it? Get stuck into them because they don't like it up them. Doesn't always work, some used it to their advantage, Ronaldo being a prime example when he was on the wing and got refs onside. Ronaldo is a tough cookie though, Mahrez doesn't seem to have that inner steel. 

The two games back in '19, against Liverpool and Man City, when Chilwell was targeted as a potential vulnerability showed Rodger's lack of tactical awareness.

Tuchel had to supplement his left-hand flank defence against the Manchester attack - if he'd done his research on Mahrez and Chilly 'duels' then he'd have observed that particular débâcle two seasons ago.

Psychologically, Chilly would have benefited from knowing he was going to be supported. His forte is getting forward - he's not the complete wing-back Kyle Walker is. Ruediger behind you is a pretty reassuring figure.

But he was trying to rough up Mahrez as well. Perhaps Tuchel had spotted some reluctance by Mahrez to go in where it hurts and told the Chelsea defence (and others) to 'work' on him.

Tuchel certainly did one on us in the return game after the Cup.

He uses fast darting runs to take out midfield defences - he has the players to do it. Pull in a bloke or woman off the street and put them in charge of Chelsea and the team would function well!

Sorry mate, normally on your wave-length.....

but you Dont Finish Top 4, Coming from 9th, reach FA.cup final, & win the CL,

against the so called best Team in Europe to boot..and playing good successfull, entertaining football,without earning it..

No matter how much One might hate a club....one still has to give due respect....

You see opposition fans always Think the guy on the street could do better,...but thats why they will always stay the guy on the street.

This forum, does go OTT on Opp teams, ex-players, before & After Departure & carry on the envy, month even years after..

We try & sell ourselves has the club with humble ideas ,thoughts & fans...

but we cant half be cynical & bitchy towards opposition success & achievements....

We might hate any Superleague-antics, or wide Financial discrepencies,but  those clubs still have squad and players who Play & present

some Great football with players individual memories & performances...

The crux of anything Super League or Financial abuse  both clubs are guilty unmoral partners, ...Chelsea proved in football there never will be favourites...

thats something for the Asian & European betting/favourite offering media, & naive fans to argue over.....!!

Because of historlnics, both clubs have Left a bad Taste & smell Trail behind them, which will be hard to forget....but They still have individual players,

that can Show, & Perform at a quality , class & intrigue , that shows why we follow "This onfield Game of football",

Though the Noise can be horrendous, with smoke & Mirrors being distracting, even off putting....

I still follow & Love the game of football where 22 blokes, rich or poor Kick a  Blob-thing around any odd or beautiful piece of ground called a pitch..

Over any long season...a diverse or only 2-3 group of blokes will deservidely be winners....Luck & fortune might be a small part,but mostly it will be  their

Skill, quality & mental aptitude over /during the whole  season, that will win the day....

Discrediting, demeaning those achievements have their own origins..!!

I thought that the Wayne Rooney comments on Vardy were potentially an olive branch. 

Wayne and Jamie obviously know each other off the pitch and it must have been difficult with that rumbling in the back ground. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

FA cup team of the season. 4 LCFC players :D

No way should Eamonn Holmes be on the left wing. As for Abraham, that immediately stood out as a mistake, as two other posters have mentioned already.

In this FA cup, Iheanacho should have been the first name down, then you fill in the 10 others.

I'd argue Schmeichel should be in too after his heroics in the final, it's not like he made mistakes in other games.