Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

The irony of it all is Chilwell was getting booed whenever he touched the ball, but that was fine. The minute he celebrates. Outrage. Can’t make it up. 

True, I’m sure this is why you’ll often see a fan laughing amongst the raging fans when Vardy is rustling them after scoring, their probably thinking “we’ve been dishing it out, fair play to him”.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

The irony of it all is Chilwell was getting booed whenever he touched the ball, but that was fine. The minute he celebrates. Outrage. Can’t make it up. 

Yeah, I didn’t understand the outrage. Forget the booing but fans getting angry that a player who thought he’d scored the last minute equaliser in the FA cup final, being played in front of fans for the first time in ages, can’t control his emotions. I nearly threw the remote at my six month old tv and I’m mid 30s! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah, I didn’t understand the outrage. Forget the booing but fans getting angry that a player who thought he’d scored the last minute equaliser in the FA cup final, being played in front of fans for the first time in ages, can’t control his emotions. I nearly threw the remote at my six month old tv and I’m mid 30s! 

I'm glad you finished that last sentence!

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Bert said:

It's the politics of offence, I'm sad to say.

1 minute ago, lcfc81 said:

I think with chillwell, releasing interviews along the lines that losing to lcfc was the low point of the season (and not other things such as the manager who brought you getting sacked etc) and that the fa cup final being the biggest game of the season for you (even though you are in the champions League final!) comes across as deliberately antagonistic. It is an odd thing to say and was going to illicit a reaction from some. Why he didn't roll out the usual old lines I don't know. 

I genuinely believe he’s really quite thick

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

I was also interested in the apparent dislike of Ricardo towards him. I was surprised by that. 

Yeah that was quite odd. Ricky is quite passionate generally, but I've not seen him like that before. I'm guessing it was in part because Chilly went down like he was sniped 😅

• Like 4

I think there's an element of him trying to cultivate favour with the Chelsea fans as I get the impression he wasn't universally liked or welcomed by them and this was him showing that he was a 'true Chelsea' player/fan and he'd left LCFC behind.

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

True, I’m sure this is why you’ll often see a fan laughing amongst the raging fans when Vardy is rustling them after scoring, their probably thinking “we’ve been dishing it out, fair play to him”.

Difference is Chilwell didn't score! :crylaugh:

Listen i'm somewhere inbetween, we booed Chilwell, he gave it us back only to find out he didn't actually get a goal but Chilwell caused the 'hate' if it really must be called that, he acted like a dick and is still acting like a dick, he caused the scuffle at Stamford Bridge - Amartey had his part to play in 'disrespecting' Chelsea with his antics after the final but equally Chilwell disrespected us by acting like he did before the final, in the lead up to the final, in the final and the league game at Stamford Bridge.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Difference is Chilwell didn't score! :crylaugh:

Listen i'm somewhere inbetween, we booed Chilwell, he gave it us back only to find out he didn't actually get a goal but Chilwell caused the 'hate' if it really must be called that, he acted like a dick and is still acting like a dick, he caused the scuffle at Stamford Bridge - Amartey had his part to play in 'disrespecting' Chelsea with his antics after the final but equally Chilwell disrespected us by acting like he did before the final, in the lead up to the final, in the final and the league game at Stamford Bridge.

I also think you can only answer the questions you’re asked. It’s not like he’s gone out and said I want you to ask me these questions so I can be disrespectful. I don’t think you can also expect him to say “well I’m not that bothered if we don’t win as it’s against my old club”. Some players are different when they go back to old clubs respect wise but you can bet your life they wanna win for the team they’re playing for now more than anything. 

• Like 1

As much as it hurts I have to admit Chilly did well yesterday against Riyad forcing him inside into traffic.

How the hell did Rudiger gat away with common assault  again though Whatever else nice to see 3 of our old boys possible best 3 on the pitch in a CL final.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I think there's an element of him trying to cultivate favour with the Chelsea fans as I get the impression he wasn't universally liked or welcomed by them and this was him showing that he was a 'true Chelsea' player/fan and he'd left LCFC behind.

He was ridiculed online before and after signing due to how much he cost. Then threw in some poor performances which didn't help at all 

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Was it the celebration or was it everything he's said since leaving though? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

There is also times where you use tact, guile and diplomacy.

I’m purely bringing up the ‘he disrespected us’ point because Chelsea were crying Amartey disrespecting them. Whilst we’re at it and Chelsea wanna talk about disrespect don’t forget Chelsea, along with another 5 greedy English clubs disrespected the rest of the Premier League and the whole of English football.

Listen it doesn’t really bother me personally, I love it when Vardy winds opposition up and I love shithousery, there needs to be more of it IMO.

However my opinion of Chilwell isn’t much different to when he was here, he’s a **** and wasn’t that arsed about playing for us, more interested in being a pretty boy, I have a similar opinion of Maddison and one or two others, not particularly likeable or relatable players or people. This is what I speak of when I say we currently have and had one or two very unlikable players in our team and not in a good way.

If you believe what people say Kante never wanted to be here but he got his head down, was brilliant for us, left after a year and people still respect him highly. There’s a reason for that. Classy guy.

All I will say is Chilwell got in our players (and fans) heads, Ricardo more than most, he was after him as soon as his got on the pitch (at Stamford Bridge) and then it all kicked off.

I can't believe chilwell is intelligent enough to do anything.  The kid has joined a club and massively improved his attacking capabilities.  He has no interest in us.

I think we over play it and make it an issue,.if Ricardo did that then it is a stupid thing to do.

5 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Was it the celebration or was it everything he's said since leaving though? 

What’s he actually said that’s been out of order? That he wants to beat us? 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

There is also times where you use tact, guile and diplomacy.

I’m purely bringing up the ‘he disrespected us’ point because Chelsea were crying Amartey disrespecting them. Whilst we’re at it and Chelsea wanna talk about disrespect don’t forget Chelsea, along with another 5 greedy English clubs disrespected the rest of the Premier League and the whole of English football.

Listen it doesn’t really bother me personally, I love it when Vardy winds opposition up and I love shithousery, there needs to be more of it IMO.

However my opinion of Chilwell isn’t much different to when he was here, he’s a **** and wasn’t that arsed about playing for us, more interested in being a pretty boy, I have a similar opinion of Maddison and one or two others, not particularly likeable or relatable players or people. This is what I speak of when I say we currently have and had one or two very unlikable players in our team and not in a good way.

If you believe what people say Kante never wanted to be here but he got his head down, was brilliant for us, left after a year and people still respect him highly. There’s a reason for that. Classy guy.

All I will say is Chilwell got in our players (and fans) heads, Ricardo more than most, he was after him as soon as his got on the pitch (at Stamford Bridge) and then it all kicked off.

Yet people were absolutely delighted that Ricardo was giving just as much back? You can’t have it both ways. I’m not even all that sure he’s disrespected us? He’s never actually said a bad word about the club, from what I can gather. 

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Probably his Thiago silva comments 

Wow. If people think that’s disrespectful then I’m baffled. Conversations happen like that all the time, crazy to think the player knows what his own future holds eh? 

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wow. If people think that’s disrespectful then I’m baffled. Conversations happen like that all the time, crazy to think the player knows what his own future holds eh? 

It’s totally disgusting. I’d have sacked him on the spot. 

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

It’s totally disgusting. I’d have sacked him on the spot. 

Wow we’d have no players left, along with plenty of other clubs lol 

• Haha 1