Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

3 hours ago, Manini said:

Say what you want about Cov and their fans right, at least they acknowledge the rivalry. The “we’re not even rivals” schtik from Derby and Forest is just weird and a little bit boring. Cov hate us, we hate them. It’s how it should be. 

Forest and Derby do hate us, the "we're not even rivals" wouldn't be necessary if we weren't rivals. The fact they say that means the opposite. They think it winds us up because they're stupid, that's why they say it. I guarantee that if one of them got promoted, we'd be their "big day out".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

seem pretty decent on that wolves forum. a few bitter posters but you'd expect that. 

There's always one on every forum that likes to regurgitate that same old crap about the club cheating in 2002.

Coming up to a decade soon since we last played Forest or Cov. Might actually be more than decade with Cov since they've been hanging about in div 4 for a while.

43 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Forest and Derby do hate us, the "we're not even rivals" wouldn't be necessary if we weren't rivals. The fact they say that means the opposite. They think it winds us up because they're stupid, that's why they say it. I guarantee that if one of them got promoted, we'd be their "big day out".

Some of them are just indifferent because they’ve been told to be and that’s fine, I’m mostly indifferent to Derby, let’s hope our success and their failure continues because it’ll only hit home when they notice more Leicester fans cropping up in areas where they hadn’t been before, their indifference only makes that more likely. 

Our fan base don’t do us any favours though, on Derby’s forum a Leicester fan signed up just to bite to a comment, why react? Just leave them to it. It just makes them think despite our success we’re bothered about what they think when in truth I like to think 99% of us didn’t give them a second thought while our club was winning the FA Cup.

32 minutes ago, bovril said:

We're successful, so fans and some media are going to start hating us. Who gives a shit. 

48 pages and we’ve come to the realisation lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

Remember Forest bragging because they didn't sell out their end at ours a few years ago (think it was the Cup replay?)

Imagine being proud of not bothering to turn up to support your team when they're only playing 30 miles away.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Remember Forest bragging because they didn't sell out their end at ours a few years ago (think it was the Cup replay?)

Imagine being proud of not bothering to turn up to support your team when they're only playing 30 miles away.

And also Derby fans singing your grounds to big for you, we hit back with your ends to big for you, that soon shut them up lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

i've only really seen that on the forest forum, and it's not only just one crying about it.

It's on that Wolves forum as well. I've seen it all over the place. I had a twitter spat with some from over the border the other night who were doing the 2002 thing. I got called an idiot, a prat, a moron, not very bright etc. Found out how much they like being called NottsF. :D

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It's on that Wolves forum as well. I've seen it all over the place. I had a twitter spat with some from over the border the other night who were doing the 2002 thing. I got called an idiot, a prat, a moron, not very bright etc. Found out how much they like being called NottsF. :D

You also need to remember to refer to big Wes as Wesley Morgan, like an overbearing parent they can’t help but correct you. Just amuses me lol 

3 hours ago, tylesta said:

Didnt know we got relegated to league one with nigel worthington

We weren’t. If anything he kept us up in the 5/6 games he had with us.

The following season we were relegated with Ian Holloway in charge. A nice guy so out of his depth it hurt!! 

7 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

We weren’t. If anything he kept us up in the 5/6 games he had with us.

The following season we were relegated with Ian Holloway in charge. A nice guy so out of his depth it hurt!! 

I know this every leicester fan knows it....the wolves fan says he remembers him getting us relegated after beating us 4.1

In fact we drew both with wolves that season

Edited by tylesta
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2021 at 10:46, davieG said:

We'll know we've made it when we see Madison in a Brut or Lynx advert.

Have we made it?

City player James Madison signs up with Boohoo
The company has had to cut ties with Leicester factories over conditions

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/city-player-james-madison-signs-5434129

0_image002.jpg

Leicester City midfielder James Maddison has signed a new deal with clothes retailer Boohoo.

The 24-year-old, who joined the Foxes in 2018, will become the third professional footballer working with BoohooMan, after Spurs player Dele Alli and Bayer Leverkusen's Leon Bailey.

Boohoo has come under fire recently after a supply chain scandal about alleged labour abuses and poor working conditions at factories, which led to it ditching dozens of suppliers in Leicester.

But despite that, it saw its annual sales jump 39 per cent to £1.7 billion earlier this year, helped by people shopping from home during the coronavirus pandemic.

Madison will front the Summer Smarts range of clothes.

He said: "‘I’ve always had an interest in style and looking fresh off the pitch.

"Working with BoohooMan on their latest campaign just felt like the perfect collab for me - I’ve been able to work on an edit that not only reps my style, but is affordable for the fans. Big things are to come so keep an eye out!’’

The 10 piece collection features a variety of "classic, smart silhouettes and subtle, soft colourways" according to the company.

It added: "Hues of earthy tones are combined with relaxed fits, matching sets, and lightweight fabrics to create a simplistic range that suits all - perfect for summer."

Samir Kamani, BoohooMan's chief executive said: "‘We’ve had our eye on James for some time now.

"He’s a sick player and his style is on point. Glad to have him front our latest campaign and officially join the BoohooMan family."

Reported signing shows Leicester more serious club than Tottenham

Following the Tottenham loss to Aston Villa yesterday, things continued to get worse as a reported transfer for Leicester City shows they are more serious than the Spurs are. If the rumors are true and Boubacary Soumaré is going from Lille to Leicester City for just €23m we see just how much Leicester City has passed Tottenham by as a club.

https://hotspurhq.com/2021/05/20/leicester-serious-club-tottenham/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3