Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

7 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I actually thought that they were quite biased in the commentary. I noticed a lot of comments that were more in our favour . Not that I give a shit 🤣

In fairness, I picked up on it as well. It’s like the story that they can on Gary Lineker.  Not that I care though. 

On balance, with the insaaaaaane amount of coverage given the to the “catshit” 6 week in, week out, anyone moaning about us getting a bit of sway for the cup final must have issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/05/2021 at 12:56, Yes said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-ferguson-documentary-leicester-city-5457255.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Some more of Fergies comments about us

But then you take Leicester City. Four years ago, five years ago? When it got to November that year, I thought they would win it.

Because I think what happened then was they were six points clear, I think, in November. But you know this feeling at the top of the week: if all the big teams are the below you at the start, they want to beat each other.

They sort of forgot about Leicester City for a bit. And by the time it got to April, alarm bells were ringing." 

Ferguson added: "They were fantastic. You know, I enjoy watching Leicester, actually, because they play good football and they have a good recruitment operation. And they won the Cup (this season). 

"So it can be done. It can be done. There's no question. We never should destroy people's dreams. 

"The Leicester Cities make what we want in football today. It’s not always about United or Arsenal or Liverpool.

"It’s about a small club that can have its day in the sun, you know?"

"I always think that one-town teams have a chance," he added. "Like Leeds in Leeds, Leicester in Leicester – you've got a chance of having a whole city behind you."

I couldn't stand Fergie when he was at Man U, mainly because they were so dominant and crushing everyone in sight, but the guy is a genuine legend and the best manager we've seen on these shores. Nice of him to say those things and it's true that during that season he did say quite early on that we had a chance, citing Norwich City who also almost did the same thing as us in the early years of the Premier League.

Klopp and Guardiola have proved themselves to be world class managers, but I still think Ferguson and Wenger were better. Ferguson completely rebuilt that club and made 3 different brilliant teams across multiple generations. And the 2004 Arsenal invincibles that sadly relegated us were for me still the best overall team we've seen in the Premier League thus far.

All the more incredible that we are a Premier League winner. It still sounds so surreal to say it!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I couldn't stand Fergie when he was at Man U, mainly because they were so dominant and crushing everyone in sight, but the guy is a genuine legend and the best manager we've seen on these shores. Nice of him to say those things and it's true that during that season he did say quite early on that we had a chance, citing Norwich City who also almost did the same thing as us in the early years of the Premier League.

Klopp and Guardiola have proved themselves to be world class managers, but I still think Ferguson and Wenger were better. Ferguson completely rebuilt that club and made 3 different brilliant teams across multiple generations. And the 2004 Arsenal invincibles that sadly relegated us were for me still the best overall team we've seen in the Premier League thus far.

All the more incredible that we are a Premier League winner. It still sounds so surreal to say it!

This for me is why he’s greater than klopp and pep, he rebuilt that team time and again which is a magnificiant feat and the reason for man u’s dominance over such a long period, klopp and pep won’t hang around long enough to see if they could do the same but I doubt klopp could, maybe pep.

Didn’t mind the team, he was annoying with his fergie time etc, but the plastics who never went were insufferable twats.

I knew one such plastic down my local once, noticed him at the bar one evening with his tigers scarf on, with a man u pin badge on it, I asked him why he supported the tigers which he proudly replied, they’re my local team. I then asked him why the **** he didn’t support us instead of man u pinned on his scarf. Unsurprisingly he never had an answer. 

• Like 3

On 26/05/2021 at 12:56, Yes said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-ferguson-documentary-leicester-city-5457255.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Some more of Fergies comments about us

But then you take Leicester City. Four years ago, five years ago? When it got to November that year, I thought they would win it.

Because I think what happened then was they were six points clear, I think, in November. But you know this feeling at the top of the week: if all the big teams are the below you at the start, they want to beat each other.

They sort of forgot about Leicester City for a bit. And by the time it got to April, alarm bells were ringing." 

Ferguson added: "They were fantastic. You know, I enjoy watching Leicester, actually, because they play good football and they have a good recruitment operation. And they won the Cup (this season). 

"So it can be done. It can be done. There's no question. We never should destroy people's dreams. 

"The Leicester Cities make what we want in football today. It’s not always about United or Arsenal or Liverpool.

"It’s about a small club that can have its day in the sun, you know?"

"I always think that one-town teams have a chance," he added. "Like Leeds in Leeds, Leicester in Leicester – you've got a chance of having a whole city behind you."

Anybody else read it as "Weeds in Weeds and Weicester in Weicester"? 

5 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

No doubt that Ferguson is historically the best British manager and the best manager to have worked in the English top flight. more titles than anyone, rebuilt several teams and squads, without losing the ability to keep winning trophies.

Where does the balance lie though? He was a thoroughly unpleasant individual, known for bullying players, officials, media men, anyone he could frankly. A complete control freak who didn't let players, young or old, have any say, all in the pursuit of what he wanted for his never ending ego. Stories are legion of his time in Aberdeen and having young players physically dragged out of parties or simple get-togethers, operating a network of 'scouts' around the city, fishing for information and acting as football 'bouncers' towards his players, bullying youngsters. Totally unreasonable behaviour a lot of it. Kicking boots at players and injuring them, screaming in people's faces.

The only time he was forced into retreat on his bullying tactics is when he tried to take on John Magnier and JP McManus.

Magnier then employed an investigator to look into Ferguson's dodgy dealings, especially with regards to his son, Jason. They also investigated and cast doubt over the integrity of Ferguson's involvement in around a dozen transfers. After the bbc screened a documentary regarding Ferguson's 'dealings' with his son, he boycotted the BBC for SEVEN years. Manchester United paid every fine on behalf of Ferguson for him failing to fulfill his duties as Manager.

Add to that his consistent bullying of referees in the media, not game playing mind, consistent abusive bullying tactics, to the point at which you had to have 11 players have their legs get sawn off by the centre half one by one to get a penalty at Old Trafford. Banned journalists from the stadium if they dared disagree with his opinion or even ask a question he didn't like.

He was the first manager to consistently moan about time added on (only if he wasn't winning at 90 minutes), looking at his watch every 20 seconds after making comments about this or that ref in the press all week. Saw everything other teams did, nothing his own team did. Allowed his players (probably encouraged) to surround refs and bully them, screaming and shouting, in a carbon copy of what he'd do to journalists himself.

None of the above is allegedly, this information is all out there.

He may have said some alright things in his dotage about Leicester City, but he's a bit of a rent a gob these days anyway. It won't ever change my opinion of him. Still a thoroughly horrible man, successful or not.

Most of what you wrote there is why I like him

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Not sure what I’m reading here, (often happens on FT).

Are we saying that because we won the Premier League we weren’t the under dogs?  Or that we weren’t the underdogs winning the FA Cup?  Mind, blown. 

Until we can compete financially with the bigger clubs, (never happening), we will ALWAYS be the underdogs. That the way aha aha, I like it, that’s the way aha aha I like it. Sing it brothers and sisters. 

Er, no.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

"You're welcome"

Two brilliant players and legends for us. I still wish N’Golo would have given us another season. These two are and will potentially be two of the best players we’ll ever have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Two brilliant players and legends for us. I still wish N’Golo would have given us another season. These two are and will potentially be two of the best players we’ll ever have. 

Mahrez gave his legendary status up when he sat in an airport desperately seeking a move away. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Mahrez gave his legendary status up when he sat in an airport desperately seeking a move away. 

Yes. The Premier League win meant nothing. You sit down in a airport. In a mardy. Demanding a transfer. After four years. Then that's it. You're nothing to us. Trash. Gone.

34 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Not sure about the airport thing. That isn’t great but certainly not bad enough to affect his legendary status. However all the stuff that’s happened since and how to this day he still talks about Leicester with such hate and regret, for me he’s the only one of that team that I think has lost that status and would not be welcomed back to the club with open arms. 

if you gave me a choice right now of signing Mahrez or not this summer I would definitely be passing on that. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

28 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yes. The Premier League win meant nothing. You sit down in a airport. In a mardy. Demanding a transfer. After four years. Then that's it. You're nothing to us. Trash. Gone.

There is always 2 sides of the story...

Even our backroom management, can Promise many things & not deliver....

So without knowing the Full story, stroppy, mardy outbursts,I can let them ride...

Though I Dont understand "why" he succombed to delivery some seemingly disrespectful posts, towards the Club that Opened the Doors for him...

Though like always many of the Sports journalists, can create small agendas,by deliberately taking, exchange of Information & opinions out of context...und

So I Dong  take, far Location interviews, that seriously...!