Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

But speaking to Sky Sports , Merson is backing Brendan Rodgers’ men to stay the distance this season.

"Leicester fell away last year when looking like securing a Champions League spot, but I don't think that will happen this time around,” he said.

Leicester to go on the attack in second leg - Rodgers

“They look a really good outfit under Brendan Rodgers.

"The club has upset the apple cart before, and I'll think they'll do it again this season. They are a really good team."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

It’s all a bit of smoke and mirrors I don’t believe they think they’ll get away with it and may not even want it certainly not in the short term. It’s on the table to frighten UEFA into conceding them more favourable access to the Champions League which is now under serious consideration.

Agree, it’s about time though that someone stood up to to these threats and put a stop to them. Come back hard at them and put them back in their place. The was a real opportunity after man u and liverpools attempts to gain power a few months back and the resounding response against it by the majority of clubs, the fa and premier league should have driven back at them and threatened to claw power back.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

They're still not over it...

The funniest part of this is they think anyone would actually pay £30m. The 2nd is they think we would be interested. Unless its just a straight swap for Ghezzal they can keep him. We certainly won't be handing any money over for him and definitely not £30m 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

In fairness, he’s looked a different player since joining West Ham. He’s obviously had personnel issues which he’s addressing and found a new lease of life. 

He gets knocked because of that poor run of form he went on, however he’s a very capable and technically good player. 

Just because his face doesn’t fit at Manchester United, doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we had looked at him. 

Totally agree - he’s been here before and there will be people at the club who know his character 

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

In fairness, he’s looked a different player since joining West Ham. He’s obviously had personnel issues which he’s addressing and found a new lease of life. 

He gets knocked because of that poor run of form he went on, however he’s a very capable and technically good player. 

Just because his face doesn’t fit at Manchester United, doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we had looked at him. 

I don't think he fits the type of player we would look at . Not skill set but age, potential etc

36 minutes ago, Koke said:

People knock Lingard for his social media "bantz" antics and his on field goal celebrations. To me he's just a happy-go-lucky guy who enjoys life. Somehow people see fit to mock him for that, for being a happy fun loving person.

I don't rate him as a player but I'm happy he's got a new lease of life at West Ham. 

Agree with this. It's so easy for me to be a massive grumpus with those celebrations, but when you think about it like this, the man is just... happy? Is there anything wrong with that? His team mates aren't exactly giving him daggers from the half way line as he's celebrating, either.

Anyway, the funniest part about that tweet above (as well as the bitterness) are the replies emphasising Twitter/social media's continuing obsession with SWAP DEALS. This is not Football Manager. We are not going to give you Ndidi in a (cash plus) swap deal with Lingard. Whenever there's a transfer rumour fans always barrel in seemingly thinking lobbing in X player will get the deal over the line.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Agree with this. It's so easy for me to be a massive grumpus with those celebrations, but when you think about it like this, the man is just... happy? Is there anything wrong with that? His team mates aren't exactly giving him daggers from the half way line as he's celebrating, either.

Anyway, the funniest part about that tweet above (as well as the bitterness) are the replies emphasising Twitter/social media's continuing obsession with SWAP DEALS. This is not Football Manager. We are not going to give you Ndidi in a (cash plus) swap deal with Lingard. Whenever there's a transfer rumour fans always barrel in seemingly thinking lobbing in X player will get the deal over the line.

Agreed, but we do live in a simulation right?

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

Is it worth posting these behind the paywall articles? 

Perhaps not, but not sure how many bother subscribing to The Athletic and may have missed articles about Leicester (I know I miss some as I only occasionally check)

Maybe I should post them in a thread specific to The Athletic and just any links related to Leicester in there? :dunno:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps not, but not sure how many bother subscribing to The Athletic and may have missed articles about Leicester (I know I miss some as I only occasionally check)

Maybe I should post them in a thread specific to The Athletic and just any links related to Leicester in there? :dunno:

Yes you're right just ignore me I was interested and then found it was blocked but you clearly labelled it Athletic so I should've known. 

• Thanks 1